Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Radeon RX 500X series rumors! Is it still worth it?  (Read 381 times)
lunaelucemauram (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:31:45 PM

I have been following tech news for a while and I just found up a new rumor that there will be a new refresh by AMD to their RX series of GPUs.
The AMD Radeon RX 500X series see full link here: https://videocardz.com/75817/amd-reading-radeon-rx-500x-series

My question is that is the substantial jump of 5-6% from the last gen of AMD still be worth it in buying these GPUs in crypto mining? Specially when Nvidia GeForce  Ampere is just around the corner which will have a substantial gains from their Pascal architecture.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:33:44 PM

Nothing substantial, nothing new besides a higher core clock but that is about it, move on, wait for volta on 12nm and grrd6 and you will be happy. Mining with amd is hard, nvidia is so much easier.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:49:43 PM

They do release new cards every year bro.

There will be a Vega refresh and after that a new one. How this will impact the mining market, no one knows for sure. Till now the planet is buying everything...new, old, everything!

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:36:25 PM

Surprised they are going 3 years with the same chips; Polaris.

Basically just like the Radeon 7870 -> 270X -> 370

Each one was clocked higher than the other but had the same Pitcairn chipset.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:38:36 PM

Yeah forget about it. It will still be out of date in about March 2018. Ha.

Merit me or don't.
b9ron

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:21:09 AM

Look at Asrock Phantom X

Radeon RX 500X it's a better Gaming card :
- with better fan, (lesser friction, lesser noise)
- better heatsink,
- better memory.   

A video card good for Gaming and Mining, like Turing for NVidia.

Probably with higher price than non X version.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:09:05 AM

Even if they do release a new GPU series with lets assume higher clock speeds, it will still probably not be worth it. Why? Because ETH GPU mining is about to die. Bitmain is releasing it's ETH ASIC and the ETH DEVs aren't going to do anything about it. POS will also be coming soon meaning all ETH mining will end, and so will all GPU mining from other coins. It may already be too risky to get into mining at this point in time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:36:46 AM

Even if they do release a new GPU series with lets assume higher clock speeds, it will still probably not be worth it. Why? Because ETH GPU mining is about to die. Bitmain is releasing it's ETH ASIC and the ETH DEVs aren't going to do anything about it. POS will also be coming soon meaning all ETH mining will end, and so will all GPU mining from other coins. It may already be too risky to get into mining at this point in time.

Do you know that there are other coins to mine ? In one year and half I never mined Ethereum even 5 minutes

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:50:43 AM

Do you know that there are other coins to mine ? In one year and half I never mined Ethereum even 5 minutes

Im also never mined ETH....

Monero will lead the path of GPU mining teaching other coins how to do it to be really decentralized.

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
Xazax310

Activity: 246
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:33:56 AM

Looks like the 500X series it just a refresh/rebadge solely for laptops.

Link
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-radeon-rx-560x-spotted-on-3dmark-might-be-just-for-laptops.html
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:23:30 AM

In the end, worth or not also will be compared to cards prices itself. And the other thing what makes some cards worth or not is yourself. On the skilled hands, old cards (with costs under $150) may still worth. Forget about what you can't control (coin price, difficulty, and another thing that you have zero control over it), focus on what you can control (you know what? find it yourself)  Wink

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:53:48 AM

Knowing amd, it will be a clone of the RX580;  I mean Rx480....  that has a higher TDP and more squeezed out of the same crap.

It will be faster, but it will be reminiscent of their older 300W+ super old technology cards....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:57:27 AM

Of course not! quite sure of it! there is no need. and taking into account etherium will jump off POW train this year, there would a HUGE numbers of used amd rx card on the market with very low pricing, i'm quite sure of it.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:14:24 AM

Is that 500x version is the new gigabyte release of RX 580 exclusive for mining series or is it a different card? I just want to try this new of gigabyte, but there is no available review for this.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:48:50 AM

Nvidia rules in it's flexibility between various algos. I don't think I'll ever return to AMD cards in the future.

Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:58:35 AM

this is NOT TRUE.

the RX 500X line up is just rebranded mobile version.

The Tul Corporation's PowerColor Reddit account has stated that the RX 500X series is an OEM rebranding of the RX 500 series and not a new SKU for AIBs.

he said this:   Cannot say much, but see it as OEM model branding. Its not actually a new AIB sku. Hope this helps.

https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_s_radeon_rx_560x_leaks_onto_3dmark/1

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

They do release new cards every year bro.

There will be a Vega refresh and after that a new one. How this will impact the mining market, no one knows for sure. Till now the planet is buying everything...new, old, everything!
VEGA is not a competitor for the RX 500 series. These cards are expensive and consume a lot of energy. The profitability of these GPU does not compensate for their high price. It is better to use RX. But to be honest, now all GPU lost its profitability and it is unknown whether GPU mining will survive in the competition with Asics.
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:23:06 AM

Nothing substantial, nothing new besides a higher core clock but that is about it, move on, wait for volta on 12nm and grrd6 and you will be happy. Mining with amd is hard, nvidia is so much easier.

I will wait for the 10 nm cards. It is not profitable to mine with those cards. ROI is more than one year.
sharhe

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:23:49 AM

guess soo
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:54:56 AM

Of course not! quite sure of it! there is no need. and taking into account etherium will jump off POW train this year, there would a HUGE numbers of used amd rx card on the market with very low pricing, i'm quite sure of it.

not quite sure of it, still a lot of coin to mine aside from ETH, what I'd hesitate about buying is the improvements of FPGA that might overtake GPU mining, well see what would be its state within this year, emergence of this FPGA would make gamers happy.. that's for sure
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: