Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I participate in the ICO without having an Ethereum address?  (Read 216 times)
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:44:29 PM

Hello, I am looking forward to participate in the ICO, but dont have any Ethereum address. So should I create one. Does Ethereum address is necessary to receive and store your UTK tokens.

yes you can still participate in any ICO , but the thing is that you cannot be paid for the effort you made during ICO so it is neccesary to put eth address when you are joining any ICO , because all ICO requires ETH address because it is the medium of payment.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:09:06 PM

Hello, I am looking forward to participate in the ICO, but dont have any Ethereum address. So should I create one. Does Ethereum address is necessary to receive and store your UTK tokens.
In principle, if you do not need payment, you can participate without an address  Grin
If payment is still needed, then you must make yourself an ETH address. Most campaigns pay in ERC-20 tokens.
jjoshua

Activity: 278
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:17:54 PM

No, you can't paeticipate in ICO if you don't have an ethereum address because  most of ICO's their tokens is erc20 compatible, if you dont have ethereum address you cant receive the token from ico. You should create one on myetherwallet or metamask.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:38:54 PM

ICo's seem to run with buy in from btc, eth, neo. sometimes one of these sometimes all 3. so yes you will need to have an ETH wallet, NEON wallet, or a btc wallet. (ETH will cover most of the ico's...ETH and neon will cover pretty much all) I suggest getting a hardware wallet like ledger nano s and use that to access most of the coins you buy and participate in ico's
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:45:39 PM

erc20 address is required on almost all of the ICO these days. So I think mew will be useful especially in trading.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Myeth1

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Merited by DyllanGM (1)

I have learned that if you are participating in erc20 tokens, then you need eth address from your wallet, could be from myethererum wallet or the iMtoken.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
FXPay.IO ║ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem (https://fxpay.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:53:34 PM

You can participate in NEO ICOs which are sometimes even better than ethereum based tokens and are safer in many ways as projects in NEO tend to be very serious and solid.

BaeNaNa

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Cryptics

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:03:18 PM

Isn't UTK ico already over? that's utrust right? i think it's already finished about two months ago so your only chance is to buy it at exchange and yes you need ethereum address to receive and store your utk token, you have to create one and don't use exchange wallet if you want to participate at ico, metamask is a wallet for newcomer as it's easy to use and quite secure.

DyllanGM

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:29:28 PM

I have learned that if you are participating in erc20 tokens, then you need eth address from your wallet, could be from myethererum wallet or the iMtoken.

Yeah you are right. Campaigns that are using erc20 tokens requires you to have an erc20 compatible wallet like  MEW or ImToken because exchange wallet s are not accepted. Some campaigns also have their own wallet to download, and some are waves compatible so you'll need waves wallet. Pretty good to know especially for newbies before participating in campaigns.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:32:25 PM

You can just join the facebook campaign or twitter. Your current rank is not allowed to participate in the signature campaign. So you need to improve your ranking to be able to participate in more campaigns
hundi.online (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

You would need an Ether erc20 address in order to be able to receive many ICO tokens. I believe in this upcoming ICO that aims to bring in the masses into crypto.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480

This will be the first arbitrage exchange that aims to bring the masses into crypto with their user-friendly UI, crypto education, and the first company offering individual insurance. The CTO has 40 years coding experience in the financial markets for exchanges. Definitely, keep an eye out for this one. Has solid tech, team, solves huge problem bringing the masses into crypto, and building a loyal community.
Thanks for the reference and explain well Smiley
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:06:26 PM

You need ethereum address to receive your payment and support all your crypto activity ( trade/ invest ), besides that create ethereum is not difficult. After bounty program ended, all payment will direct into ethereum address ( MEW ), even in exchange the coin already listing it can't send into it. Just create it and enjoy the profit.

shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:11:50 PM

If the ICO you want to invest in issues ERC20 token, you have to create an Eth address in order to receive the token. In fact, you can easily create an ETH address at myetherwallet. Just remember to save the private key in a safe place. If you lost the private key, you can never retrieve the your coin and tokens.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

I don't know what is exactly about UTK tokens. But there are ICO projects which doesn’t require just Ethereum address. You can own some other resources where you will get your tokens in case of successful completion of campaign.
pokemon43

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:35:29 AM

I thin there will be problems because you will not get tokens to your wallet without eth adress
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:36:02 AM

Lol! why you don't obtain an Ethereum address? Having a Ethereum addres does not make you criminal!
Just go to mycrypto.com and obtain a new ethere wallet print it and have fun! Don't afraid to be a part of crypto community
tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:41:39 AM

Most ICOs use ETH to pay and issue ERC20 coin so you need an ETH wallet address. It is recommended that you use the MyHealthWallet to purchase a token and include a token when the ICO issues a token to you.
DoubleShow

Activity: 292
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:46:15 AM

To purchase or store any tokens on the Ethereum platform, a purse of the ERC 20 standard is required. I would advise you MEW or its new counterpart MyCrypto. They almost do not differ in any way. MEW works longer on the market, so most users work with it.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:26:10 PM

This question is kind of off the line for me. Let use this analogy to explain this. You want to buy a hot coffee without having a cup or bowl to get it. Are you gonna use your hand to collect your hot coffee? Same goes for you participating in an ICO without imputing your wallet address to get your tokens.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: