Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it so hard to buy bitcoin with PayPal Arghhhh!!!!  (Read 3220 times)
goindeep (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 03:04:15 AM

OMFG!!! Im absolutely disgusted at the fact that no one has worked out a simple, easy and effective way of selling BTC via PayPal yet.

I know that you can buy it with PayPal via various legit methods but I need BTC now, Im not going to be made to jump through hoops and send address or identity verification, it's absurd, im verified with PayPal and I want to by BTC, thats all, how hard can that possibly be!?

Please no one tell me to go via the second life method!

Ive signed up to MT Gox, Coin Mama and also coinbase but they all expect me to sit there and take scans of my utility bills or send them my passport it's ridiculous and the minute someone figures out a way to sell me (regular joe) BTC with an easy PayPal transaction they have my business!
vpitcher07

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:05:54 AM

OMFG!!! Im absolutely disgusted at the fact that no one has worked out a simple, easy and effective way of selling BTC via PayPal yet.

I know that you can buy it with PayPal via various legit methods but I need BTC now, Im not going to be made to jump through hoops and send address or identity verification, it's absurd, im verified with PayPal and I want to by BTC, thats all, how hard can that possibly be!?

Ive signed up to MT Gox, Coin Mama and also coinbase but they all expect me to sit there and take scans of my utility bills or send them my passport it's ridiculous and the minute someone figures out a way to sell me (regular joe) BTC with an easy PayPal transaction they have my business!

The reason this will never happen is because of paypal's chargeback feature which is not going away.
Try btcquick. you can use your debit card but you still need to be confirmed...

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
goindeep (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 03:13:12 AM

It's quite frustrating, honestly!
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:30:07 AM

The reason this will never happen is because of paypal's chargeback feature which is not going away.
Try btcquick. you can use your debit card but you still need to be confirmed...
How would one go about being confirmed, would a preloaded gift card work on a site such as this? Cheers
goindeep (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 04:15:59 AM

I ended up going via VirWox which I now have to wait up to 48hrs to get my coin, at least I don't have to do all the verification crud...!
rimbit

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 04:36:49 AM

Why dont you arrange for a bank transfer with someone here and use escrow to secure it?
You will have your bitcoins real quick then

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:49:45 AM

Sorry but chargebacks from scammers in the past ruined legitimate buyers chances of using PP

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
o999

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:21:28 AM

Try https://localbitcoins.com/ - perhaps not so good with PayPal (although some people there use it), but you can buy with cash, bank deposit or bank transfer using escrow.

It also has feedback like PayPal, so you can pick a good trader.

Cheers.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:37:00 AM

Once you are a trusted member in this website it should be easy for you to buy/sell Bitcoin with paypal... But that would take years before you build up trust so Smiley
waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:43:09 AM

try coinbase maybe?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 12:19:08 AM

"Verified" PayPal means fuck all.

PayPal DOES NOT verify your live DNA, retina, and fingerprint every time you login. Tens if not hundreds of thousands of PayPal accounts are "hacked" by their owners daily.

Bitcoin unaffected by reversal fraud.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:35:29 PM

Urm find a way then!
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

Have checked localbitcoins.com, theres plenty there.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:03:26 PM

Bank account deposit is so frustrating  Angry
Cant it be a simple "buy it now" commodity for which you can pay instantly with credit/debit card.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Whity

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 08:15:05 PM

Actually there is a way, I use VirWox to buy Linden dollars which I then transfer to BTC.
Some fees apply but it works and I received my BTC.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 08:37:54 PM

Emotional outbursts during the feeling of frustration usually do not get us very much in life.  They result in us showing disrespect to the very people who might help us.  (Or even injuring them!)  They route our mental creativity into making a creative outburst, instead of creatively solving our problem.  But they usually do not advance our cause so much.

Why don't you go through the exercise of developing the service you are looking for?  Then you could provide a valuable service to others, and reap the rewards of doing so.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:46:04 PM

There is also coinbase as well.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 08:58:44 PM

What you are basically saying here is "People are stupid and disgusting for not already doing what I wish they would do."

This is not very motivating to the people who might want to help you.  They would probably get more reward (financially, and emotionally) from helping people who are more respectful, more appreciative, and less entitled.

So by having this emotional outburst, you actually diminish the chances of getting what you want.

rimbit

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:21:33 AM

Emotional outbursts during the feeling of frustration usually do not get us very much in life.  They result in us showing disrespect to the very people who might help us.  (Or even injuring them!)  They route our mental creativity into making a creative outburst, instead of creatively solving our problem.  But they usually do not advance our cause so much.

Why don't you go through the exercise of developing the service you are looking for?  Then you could provide a valuable service to others, and reap the rewards of doing so.

Quite a big leap you took there buddy  Wink

I think the dude just wants to buy bitcoin... not create an industry from it....

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
bezzeb

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:43:26 AM

Sorry, not gonna happen.

The issue here is that you want to use a horrible payment instrument to buy a wonderful payment instrument.  Nobody in their right mind would accept paypal fiat in 1:1 exchange for BTC as paypal caries the extreme risk of reversal or paypal seizure / account freeze.  BTC's on the other hand are an irreversible currency with many (if not most) of the properties of Gold or Silver with the added benefit of high liquidity and fungibility.

Those brave rare few that accept paypal payments for BTC will price in a heavy percentage markup to cover the fraud and seizure risks.  Even if you paid via paypal and were an honest customer with no intent to cheat, paypal can (and will) freeze the sellers funds for any reason without effective recourse.  So you run off happy with BTC, while the seller is probably gonna be screwed one way or the other.  That's not even mentioning the ridiculous percentage cuts Paypal skims from every transaction.  In short paypal is great for buyers, but horribly evil for sellers.  (I speak from experience as one who's been screwed by paypal.) 

So.  If you want to buy BTC:  Man up and register to do direct bank transfers to an exchange (which are safer than paypal for the seller), or give someone on localbitcoins.com cash if you care about privacy.  But I'm guessing you don't care about privacy if you use paypal....   ;-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: