Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:31:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCMiners "Cloud Hashing" | $8.50 USD per GH/s!  (Read 23054 times)
ajglad

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:24:54 AM

^Seems like you know him? Otherwise it's solid. Suggest legal action against him. He cannot get away with this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:32:54 PM

What the hell is going on???

If the dude owes 31 BTC to someone else, what does it have to do with this thread?

Second, who's insane to grab $35k, buy 31 BTC at current market prices and pay now back the debt?? Obviously he will mine the fucking BTC, IF you give him a chance!!

otoh, of course it can be a scam, but that possibility was always there from the very beginning ...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:41:24 PM

Considering he's stopped responding the assumption is he never purchased anything and is simply stealing the BTC from both of us.
Proc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:08:23 PM

I'll post his responses of pm, which I am increasingly aware that the money is not returned to me, because time is constantly postponed and on any phone with internet you can check email.

What's your order number with Coinbase and I can look everything up from there.

Being that this is a large sum of money, I need to be at a desktop and not on a phone.  Please allow me sometime to get to a desk with internet access so I can look everything up.

As I'm not at a desk, I'm on some heavy medication right now and simply do not want to risk that money being under the influence of narcotic medication because Im so I'll.

Thanks for understanding and I'll keep in touch with you along the process.  I apologize about the split message.

All funds are just moved to a central wallet, it's actually located on the first page of our posts.. https://blockchain.info/address/11MUhhuJzJvaCm9apSN8tf8zDkMbn9AZt

You'll see everyone who has paid their money has been collectively been added to that wallet for safe keeping and to show the money isn't being spent and is being held until the miners are received.

Again, just give me a day or so.  The BTC is not going to be going anywhere, you have the wallet address, feel free to watch it.  Only deposits will be made in there.  I need to just get to a desktop, not be intoxicated by narcotics and just go through all the information to validate everything so I know that I'm not being dooped and also if you are who you say you are, that I don't mess up and send the BTC to the wrong address.  Just an overall bad situation right now for me to even possibly consider doing.

No offense, just need to be certain of everything is all.  I know it's a lot of faith, but please trust your BTC is not going anywhere in the mean time.

Talk to you soon

I'm not going to be able to have internet restored to my desktop (from the torndaoes that came through this past week) until Monday at some point.  Coinbase app doesn't give me emails addresses just order numbers.  Once I can simply verify everything than going from there isn't an issue.  I know this is not the ideal situation for you, but again, I didn't expect to be asked within 24 hours of an order with a policy that also states refunds would only be warranted if AMT doesn't deliver.

I'm just simply asking for a little more time on the situation as I had asked before so that I can feel comfortable with a refund.  Plus I'll have to make an announcement to everyone, as only deposits have gone into that account for the very reason and the fact that people have full transparency of the transactions. I need to explain why I'm sending it to another Bitcoin Address so it does not make myself look suspicious.  So this will need to be a facilitated act on both of our parts so that I myself and BTCMiners does not look like we're scamming people out of their Bitcoins, because obviously, we're not when I'm talking to you on going about refunding nearly 1/3 of the total amount I've received thus far.

I'll be in touch soon when my internet has been restored sometime on Monday.  I simply just do not feel comfortable until I can match up the emails and be able to sort through everything when it's not on my phone as there is too high of a possibility of a mistake.  I really hope you understand and this is for your protection the most and also ours.

I'll be in touch, thanks for being patient.  I hope things look up for you, here shortly.  Take care and have a nice weekend!  Smiley

I do hope also that you see from my lengthily responses that I'm really not just pushing you to the side.  I haven't ignored you.  If I was scamming.. There's 15K in there already... With no recourse.  Yet here I am being transparent on the situation.  I fully and can empathize with your situation; I genuinely feel bad for both of us.  I don't want to refund because that's a substantial loss on my end; however, I do understand your circumstances are much more dire than my own.  Again, please let me get to a desktop so I can actually view all the transactions, look at the screen shots better.  Have the time to sit down and feel confident that who I'm sending it to is you.   So far, I don't have any doubt you're who you say you are.  The email you ordered with, once I can verify on my desktop, I'll send you off an email and I'll be checking the headers and such from that email to verify it's who you say you are, etc.. 

I will do my due diligence to be protecting both of us in this matter.  I really am trying to work with you on this, please do not take this negatively as it's pure precaution.  If you still feel you need to ask for a refund on Coinbase then so be it, but that will just make the situation worse for both of us because the new red tape involved.  It's 48 hours from now, even if I did do this right now, there's no way the funds will be in anytime soon to you in a fiat currency to remedy the situation and I'm not throwing you under the bus on this topic at all, just being completely honest.. If you weren't sure of this, you shouldn't of invested. 

I do appreciate your business and the possibility of working together in the future.  In the end, I just need the 48 ~hours to verify and come up with a Public Announcement in regards to this all so people know what's going on.

Take care, and again, I'll be in touch and please do not hesitate to keep in touch either.  We will get this resolved.

Working as quickly on it as possible.  Still on my phone.  Cable company only replaced the pole outside yesterday.  I can physically look and see them running new lines right now and at some point today they will be running a new line to my residence directly and to verify equipment.

If my internet issues aren't resolved by end of day.  I will be at family members tomorrow who are not close by.. But I could then take some time out of the day to process the refund.  Im sorry this has taken longer than expected.
madpoet

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:10:50 PM

He's managed to transfer the BTC to different wallets, post repeatedly here, respond to PMs, etc; all with his limited access so I'm not sure why he couldn't process refunds too. 
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:15:47 PM

The way I see it, he needs some help to succeed. He needed to go to the ER, his internet connection is failing, etc...

It's better for him and for us to work together instead of starting to panic and throw accusations. We would be scammed and lose our money, he would risk trouble with the law. It's a lose-lose to go full retard here, everybody knows this, so let's think it a little bit better

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
neiq

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:27:10 PM

Do you guys really think the feds would pursue this ? If they would how do we go about getting the ball rolling  Angry
Doug,

You may want to consider what you're doing. Wire Fraud is no joke. It's not like when you were arrested 2 years ago for that meth lab.

The feds don't play games - and you've left PLENTY of evidence behind in your wake. We know who you are. This is a federal offense - you can't just move to a different state this time. Do you really want to be on the run for the rest of your life in order to pocket a few thousand $?

You've probably started this because the BTC 31.5 you borrowed ran out of your control due to the BTC price increase, so you tried this scam to get yourself out of the hole.

This is not the way to do it - if you don't pay back agath, it's bad, but so far it will at most impact your credit - if that. If you however are convicted of wire fraud, you're going to go away for 20 years.

You're 42 now, so you'll be 62 at the time you get out. Is this really worth it?

You can still get out of this by paying back the money that you "borrowed" at this point, and blaming it on Advanced Mining not delivering in time.

madpoet

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Good luck.  He's obviously decided to just scam all of us and say screw you.  Possibly if we can get enough personal details we could convince local law enforcement to visit him.

Wipeout I have no idea what you are talking about. 
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 03:22:44 PM

Do you guys really think the feds would pursue this ? If they would how do we go about getting the ball rolling  Angry

The question in my mind is, how many days of dead-silence from him do we wait before starting to sharpen pitchforks, and filing complaints/charges. I am thinking one week from when he last was heard from seems reasonable. Don't want to give him too much of a head start. That is plenty of time in my mind. But there may be certain amounts of time that have to pass before they allow you to file complaints. I have not tried yet so I don't know for sure.

But, when the time comes, quick google says it all starts with complaints here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
neiq

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:41:39 PM

40K stolen should get the feds attention.. At least for TAX evasion  Roll Eyes

The question in my mind is, how many days of dead-silence from him do we wait before starting to sharpen pitchforks, and filing complaints/charges. I am thinking one week from when he last was heard from seems reasonable. Don't want to give him too much of a head start. That is plenty of time in my mind. But there may be certain amounts of time that have to pass before they allow you to file complaints. I have not tried yet so I don't know for sure.

But, when the time comes, quick google says it all starts with complaints here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:47:29 PM

Possibly if we can get enough personal details we could convince local law enforcement to visit him.
The Whois of his website doesn't help, however we do know that it is hosted by GoDaddy (http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=UhdtpZizyGW73GF8xeZTtl64vR0gmWzckU9c4eqWd1Bp1C2/CXaD3PrmLDBe4vUj&domain=btcminers.net&prog_id=GoDaddy). Perhaps if we can get in touch with GoDaddy and give them some information on what has happened we can perhaps get some other details about him.
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:07:41 PM

Yeah it seems to be registered through a domain proxy company. The authorities can get the true registrar's info with a court order from them however, once they start investigating.

Possibly if we can get enough personal details we could convince local law enforcement to visit him.
The Whois of his website doesn't help, however we do know that it is hosted by GoDaddy (http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=UhdtpZizyGW73GF8xeZTtl64vR0gmWzckU9c4eqWd1Bp1C2/CXaD3PrmLDBe4vUj&domain=btcminers.net&prog_id=GoDaddy). Perhaps if we can get in touch with GoDaddy and give them some information on what has happened we can perhaps get some other details about him.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:13:02 PM

Yeah it seems to be registered through a domain proxy company. The authorities can get the true registrar's info with a court order from them however, once they start investigating.
You can report a website through the domain proxy that he uses, but I suppose that the supporting documentation would be an issue. If anyone wants to have a go then here: https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/ClaimForm.aspx?Type=3 . There is also a way to get registrar information through it, but I believe you have to have some sort of law status to get it.
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:20:43 PM

$40k at current market value. The way btc has been going it could be many times that amount by the time they get into seriously investigating things.

40K stolen should get the feds attention.. At least for TAX evasion  Roll Eyes

Do you guys really think the feds would pursue this ? If they would how do we go about getting the ball rolling  Angry

Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:30:20 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 07:46:17 PM by Nocturnal2112

There also may be information that can be acquired (at least by authorities) from Coinbase, It appears that he has a merchant account through them, that may (or may not) require a "bank account verified" type of account. Honestly that was one of the factors that played into my decision to do this in the first place, being tied directly to Coinbase like it is, it lent it a bit of credibility in my eyes.

You can report a website through the domain proxy that he uses, but I suppose that the supporting documentation would be an issue. If anyone wants to have a go then here: https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/ClaimForm.aspx?Type=3 . There is also a way to get registrar information through it, but I believe you have to have some sort of law status to get it.
Nocturnal2112

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:30:47 PM

Actually, while reading the ToS for domainsbyproxy.com I stumbled upon this:

"You understand and agree that DBP has the absolute right and power, in its sole discretion and without any liability to You whatsoever, to:"

"Cancel the privacy service (which means that Your information will be available in the "Whois" directory) and/or reveal Your name and personal information that You provided to DBP when:"

"G. If it comes to DBP's attention that You are using DBP's services for purposes of engaging in, participating in, sponsoring or hiding Your involvement in, illegal or morally objectionable activities, including but not limited to, activities which are designed, intended to or otherwise:"

"3. Violate state, federal or international law;"

(only pasted the relevant passages, didn't want to paste the whole page, there are lots of conditions.)

But the way this reads, if they find out that he's using their service to hide criminal activities, or if they are named in a law suit, they will cancel his account, and the whois will be unhidden...Wink
neiq

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:17:33 AM

While im part of this group only by 0.15 btc I would hope you guys that invested for the ths our multiple ths would be knocking the door down trying to gather up as many members as you could to join a possible lawsuit. Board seems kinda quite to say this guy made away with over 30+ btc...  Huh

Actually, while reading the ToS for domainsbyproxy.com I stumbled upon this:

"You understand and agree that DBP has the absolute right and power, in its sole discretion and without any liability to You whatsoever, to:"

"Cancel the privacy service (which means that Your information will be available in the "Whois" directory) and/or reveal Your name and personal information that You provided to DBP when:"

"G. If it comes to DBP's attention that You are using DBP's services for purposes of engaging in, participating in, sponsoring or hiding Your involvement in, illegal or morally objectionable activities, including but not limited to, activities which are designed, intended to or otherwise:"

"3. Violate state, federal or international law;"

(only pasted the relevant passages, didn't want to paste the whole page, there are lots of conditions.)

But the way this reads, if they find out that he's using their service to hide criminal activities, or if they are named in a law suit, they will cancel his account, and the whois will be unhidden...Wink

Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Sad news to see still no update Sad
AMT_miners

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:15:43 PM

WHY HAS IT TAKEN A MONTH FOR SOMEONE TO ASK US DIRECTLY IF THIS PERSON ACTUALLY MADE OR INQUIRED ABOUT MAKING A PURCHASE FROM US!!!

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:29:30 PM

WHY HAS IT TAKEN A MONTH FOR SOMEONE TO ASK US DIRECTLY IF THIS PERSON ACTUALLY MADE OR INQUIRED ABOUT MAKING A PURCHASE FROM US!!!
I'll take it that he hasn't?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: