Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCMiners "Cloud Hashing" | $8.50 USD per GH/s!  (Read 23059 times)
btcspaceseller

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 07:09:00 AM

Waiting for your reply personal message BTCMiners
Khoder

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

It looks like hes done a runner.. Holiday or not. If I was accused of something so big I would do everything in my power to prove my innocence.

I keep praying that we are wrong about this guy and he seriously does have a legit business. Though when you come to thing about it. $4.25 / GH is way tooooooo gooood to be true.

BTCMiners - Can I make an order for 400GH/s and pay you once the system goes live?
agath

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:58:47 AM

If I was accused of something so big I would do everything in my power to prove my innocence.

How can he prove innocence? He confirms the first loan has been payed back. I have the TXID that shows that I sent him that money at HIS address the first time. And I have TXID with the two later transfers to THE SAME address.

If he says that it's not his address, then tell him to give you the TXID of the first (0.26) loan payback, with a message signed by his private key. He will not have it and he can't give it to you.

I have the evidence of my loan to him, while he sustained it was not true and that I'm trying to steal his bitcoins.
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

Annnd the crickets are not a good sign here.
agath

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:10:18 PM

Annnd the crickets are not a good sign here.

Of course is not. Douglas Gibson is a very dishonest being.
neiq

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:23:50 PM

Refund requested by me as well. Has anyone gotten their money back ?
neiq

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:26:12 PM

Really glad i only put it for a few gh's i was going to buy a TH this week too..  Roll Eyes
Hi, Agath. I tend to believe you since I know you are well known in the freenode and I knew you name in Labcoin thread. Moreover, it is quite suspicious to me that BTCMiners.net kept extending his 1:1 offer even when BTC's price kept shooting up. It seems he wants BTC desperately.

That said, I am curious why you lend him 31.5 BTC (not a small amount) in the first place. The interest 0.5 BTC (less than 2%) is not so attractive in my opinion. Did he give you any collateral? I doubt you will just choose to trust him because the tiny trade before.

Read the logs. He convinced me that he was a good guy, and I tend to help people. Who knows me can confirm it. I don't want to abuse and earn on honest people, I didn't do it for business, I just did it as a favor. And I have been burnt. I am so disgusted, and I am angry with myself for trusting people too much.
Yes, after reading all the logs and now I think all these happened because the BTC price increased 10 times during this period. The friendship may worth $3.15K to him, but apparently things changed when it is $31.5K now.

Actually,  I think Theymos does not need to make PMs public. He just need to confirm that the part you chose to disclose is genuine, and that will be enough.

To the future potential buyers of this 'Cloud Hashing' contract, be CAREFUL if something is too good to be true. Please stop risking your money before all these things are settled.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:18:04 AM

Agath, your personal business doesn't have that much to do with this thread ...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:41:21 AM

Now it does, have you seen a reply from him lately?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
neiq

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:44:53 AM

bump
Now it does, have you seen a reply from him lately?
agath

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:59:31 AM

It would be sad to let him scam people freely...
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 04:42:50 PM

Sigh... I get more depressed with every refresh. Someone say something positive... Please?... You can lie if you have to...
SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:46:26 PM

People like "BTCMiners" destroying good reputation of Bitcoin scene. Sorry guys, it looks not good...

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
cGull

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

Sigh... I get more depressed with every refresh. Someone say something positive... Please?... You can lie if you have to...
There there, it's all gonna be alright.

I was close to being hooked myself, but i sent him a PM asking how it was possible to deliver something that looked too good to be true. I wondered what i was missing.
Reply:
[...]There really is no catch to this.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 05:56:09 PM

I was thinking of it as a loss leader type deal. sell some now at a loss but have customer in the pool. then as difficulty goes up sell them more GH/s at full price.

Also the btcminers.net pool has had very few workers so a pool with a lots of active members will be more attractive to prospective members.

unfortunately it could also be after having 32BTC from loan and another large amount from selling GH/s just deiced to take the money and run.    Cry

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:24:24 PM

I was close to being hooked myself, but i sent him a PM asking how it was possible to deliver something that looked too good to be true. I wondered what i was missing.
Reply:

Unfortunately I dropped my whole crypto investment into this. It appears (as someone said earlier) that my adventures in bitcoin may have also come to an abrupt end. No way in hell the wife will ever let me invest more now.
VinCeCream

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

Unfortunately I dropped my whole crypto investment into this. It appears (as someone said earlier) that my adventures in bitcoin may have also come to an abrupt end. No way in hell the wife will ever let me invest more now.

Hence the wisdom : Dont't put all your eggs blah blah blah ...

U got it now ?

Sorry all this make me sad too but people have to learn that bitcoin mining is a new kind of investment; not a get rich quick scheme.

btw I hope pips here will be reimbursed; 32BTC is more than a year of salary for me  Roll Eyes

Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:38:10 PM

Reply:

It was me, I have very little BTC left as invested almost all in the hope this would be a genuine venture.
This isn't the first time I've been scammed... Its seems to come with the crypto scene

I did post a little heads up in Newbie section to do homework on people especially selling, if it helps just one person I'll be a happy man

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351154.msg3763014#msg3763014
Haiyan

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

Doug, if this true you need to stand up and make people whole again
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:42:36 AM

Doug,

You may want to consider what you're doing. Wire Fraud is no joke. It's not like when you were arrested 2 years ago for that meth lab.

The feds don't play games - and you've left PLENTY of evidence behind in your wake. We know who you are. This is a federal offense - you can't just move to a different state this time. Do you really want to be on the run for the rest of your life in order to pocket a few thousand $?

You've probably started this because the BTC 31.5 you borrowed ran out of your control due to the BTC price increase, so you tried this scam to get yourself out of the hole.

This is not the way to do it - if you don't pay back agath, it's bad, but so far it will at most impact your credit - if that. If you however are convicted of wire fraud, you're going to go away for 20 years.

You're 42 now, so you'll be 62 at the time you get out. Is this really worth it?

You can still get out of this by paying back the money that you "borrowed" at this point, and blaming it on Advanced Mining not delivering in time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: