Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Airdrops really worth the time?  (Read 868 times)
mhnv45 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:38:12 AM

We all have heard about airdrops in every token introduction

Are they worth the time we spend to do the tasks and submit information? Are they really going to explode so make us rich?

Even 1% of them go on to be super big then it does worth it but how can we be so sure of it?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TepungBeras

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

Presale is live: BitPenta.com

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:43:14 AM

Better we believe in the goodness and the exploding price with airdrop, there is nothing to emphasize with the price of airdrop.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:45:50 AM

It will worth the time if you have big amount of active referrals if not the chance of you hitting a jackpot is very low. Participate in other bounties as well so you can maximized the potential earnings you can get.

Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:47:55 AM
Merited by LTU_btc (1)

I posted this somewhere else but I'll repost it here.

An airdrop is worth NOTHING if the coin you are receiving is worthless. I could create an ERC20 token today if I wanted, and give away 10 billion tokens to each person in an airdrop. The problem? Those 10 billion tokens are worth absolutely nothing. They may as well not be there as its simply a number in my wallet. 

I would say 90%+ of the new coins out there are/will be worthless. Before even considering joining a bounty campaign or airdrop, I always look at a couple things:

1) Does the coin I'm receiving have a purpose/goal?
2) Do the developers have credibility/experience?
3) Is the announcement thread written in proper English and formatted well? (seriously this tells me a lot)
4) Is there a masternode pre-sale? (If yes, don't even consider joining the project. Seriously, look at my signature and you can tell how much I hate discord masternode pre-sales)

If a coin doesn't meet all of the criteria above, I don't even bother with it. If it does, I will do more research, and if the project sounds promising I will participate in any airdrops/bounties they do. 

The key to finding success in airdrops/bounties is quality, not quantity. If you participated in the 1000 ONT airdrop, you probably made more than joining 500 random shitcoin airdrops. Be selective!
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:48:48 AM

Are they worth the time we spend to do the tasks and submit information? Are they really going to explode so make us rich?

Even 1% of them go on to be super big then it does worth it but how can we be so sure of it?

If the token is pure airdrop most there are shit coins that are virtually no value. As I have noticed in ICOs with 1% airdrop I think this is a strategy to grow a community can attract more investors because of the large community investors are complaining about their ICOs who have joined. Airdrop is great but I do not believe it because airdrop is a person's wealth. Because airdrop is one account only legitimate can be involved if you have a multiple account and found it automatically you are rejected.
blink20

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:49:10 AM

Airdrop can be worth it if you really invest on the same coin/token, because we know that its not a big amount.
mhnv45 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:22:17 AM

You really made sense, Quality matters more than quantity. No point in simply going after whatever is available, Thorough reviewing does help !
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:28:59 AM

Airdrop can be worth it if you really invest on the same coin/token, because we know that its not a big amount.

It looks like you missed to read the posts above yours.

It is not about how much free coins you receive from airdrop but the concern here is whether those coins are really worth or not and got any future use of those coins. If no use of those coins and team behind those coins are series in bringing up the product then those coins eventually become a shit coin and you lose all your invested money. So better get all the information about the coin before you invest your hard-earned money.
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:49:06 AM

I wouldn't even bother with airdrops unless you want your email flooded with spam. 
Nexmesh Team

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:51:59 AM

An airdrop is worth NOTHING if the coin you are receiving is worthless. I could create an ERC20 token today if I wanted, and give away 10 billion tokens to each person in an airdrop. The problem? Those 10 billion tokens are worth absolutely nothing. They may as well not be there as its simply a number in my wallet. 

I would say 90%+ of the new coins out there are/will be worthless. Before even considering joining a bounty campaign or airdrop, I always look at a couple things:

3) Is the announcement thread written in proper English and formatted well? (seriously this tells me a lot)
4) Is there a masternode pre-sale? (If yes, don't even consider joining the project. Seriously, look at my signature and you can tell how much I hate discord masternode pre-sales)

If a coin doesn't meet all of the criteria above, I don't even bother with it. If it does, I will do more research, and if the project sounds promising I will participate in any airdrops/bounties they do. 

The key to finding success in airdrops/bounties is quality, not quantity. If you participated in the 1000 ONT airdrop, you probably made more than joining 500 random shitcoin airdrops. Be selective!

Very well said. In many cases the projects have no substance or direction, however if you find a project that you believe has great potential and you believe in their direction then receiving free tokens via airdrop is a fantastic opportunity to create wealth for yourself.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:00:57 AM

most of airdrop are scam only few are genuine even the airdrop is not scam the token is still a shitcoin but still it can give you small profit to make earn in airdrop it take more time to make a profit but sometimes it worth it my biggest earning in airdrop is $250 on single airdrop project not bad for just signing up.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:02:15 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 02:34:44 AM by BayAreaCoins

We've had multiple people earn over $100,000 digging addresses on FreeBitcoins from these Bitcoin forks.

https://freebitcoins.com/clamchecker/wallets/id/3046/ (Over $400,000 on this wallet dig alone)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:28:21 AM

No. Next question?

Maybe 1% of them, but guess how hard it is to reach that 1%? You need to participate in at least 100 ICO airdrop campaigns to have 1 be in play for you that might "be super big".

The reality is that if an ICO needs to give away it's tokens for free, and is not attempting a hard fork, the ICO's utility in the market is super low (i.e., their business model is weak). A company that has a great idea doesn't need to give it away for free to gain publicity. And ICOs, most of them, are companies.

The ICO market should be contracting significantly during this recessionary period, which is a good thing. It's time for the ICO trash to get swept up and tossed in the bin!
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:03:48 PM

To be honest, I believe in smart work it doesn't make any sense to me to spend the entire time on looking for airdrops. On the other hand, considering the mass mentality, the value decreases most of the times as soon as that particular coin hits the market so selling it at that time is not a good deal. Thus, spending around 5% time is not a bad idea but one should hold and expect returns in the long term against short-term mass mentality.
mhnv45 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:49:33 AM

Found this airdrop to be very cool and good prospect.

https://bonus.presale.ventures/r/2122

1.  Click on Sign Up and follow the detailed steps
 2.  After signing up and joining the two Telegram channels enter your ETH address. you get 20 tokens worth 20$

Evaluation:
They have a great and professional team. The whitepaper is also solid. The steps for the airdrop are extremely user-friendly (step by step with images and so on). Super smooth.
CryptoCrayze

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:00:52 AM

I wholly agree. The ratio of rubbish ICOs to promising ones out there is ridiculous. Gotta be willing to do your research otherwise alot of time is gonna be wasted. That said, ONT did an airdrop and the recipients are now up thousands Smiley
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:25:41 AM

I would say, that an airdrop is only worth your time, if it comes with some other value from the project.

For example, you can take a part in the airdrop, if you are going to invest in this ICO. You have to pass the KYC anyways, so there is almost no pain in making a couple extra clicks to get an airdrop.

If you have your documents in order, KYC won't take more than 2 minutes and 1 extra visit to the ICO website.

If the ICO airdrop campaign creates extra difficulties (confirming accounts, using their platform or whatever else) and takes too much time, that may be too much trouble for the buck. Also, it may expose your wallet and/or identity to some risks. which are disproportional to any gains from the airdrop.

Summary: it may worth you time, if the airdrop is simply structured and genuine. No for all other cases. And you won't get rich from airdrops anyways.
Peacemen320

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:33:37 PM

Ternio is a solid project with a clear use case, advanced infrastructure, technology patent pending + under 3rd party certification for >1 million BC transactions per second, based on Stellar and Hyperledger, with a partnership signed with one of the major operators in its market and others in the process, in a huge market that desperately needs it.

Competition is limited and not exclusive, meaning that Ternio can easily complement others in the same market. The team is experienced, transparent and approachable. Capitalization is reasonable.

The Airdrop is very generous: out of 20,000 Telegram channel members, a large number (generally 5,000) are offered every day the opportunity to reclaim 500 TERN, until when ICO will start at $0.10/TERN on June 1st (or earlier if the 5,5 million TERN are entirely airdropped earlier). Max possible win is 15,000 TERN + referrals and other small possible bonuses. The procedure is fast and also fun.

Please use my referral if you want more info or to jump in: http://ternio.me/transat.

The project should start working by end of this year and the token, which is already exchangeable on Stellar, is used and placed in such a way that, in my opinion, should most certainly grow in value.

[NB I am not an expert nor an advisor and I am not involved in any way other than having already been assigned 10000 TERN with the above procedure and a couple of hundreds via referrals. Please judge by yourself]

It is spam, isnt it? By the way, is it real to get 5k $ with airdrops? As for me it`s just wasting time for clicking.
marineboss

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Korean Syndicate / Translator

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:14:36 PM

I think you hit the nail right on the head here, and there's so many shitcoins out there that it's just not worth the time to go through the process to even register for an airdrop. It's like, the ICO won't even make any money in the first place (and if it's a shitcoin, then say goodbye to your investment because you're probably not going to get it back).

Oh yeah - 1000 ONT airdrop, I'm so sour about that. Missed out on that newsletter signup. Sigh...

▐ | ██ | ██ | ██ ||     DAOstack.io     || ██ | ██ | ██ | ▌
AN OPERATING SYSTEM FOR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE
Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 05:35:43 PM

I think that we have to deal with airdrops, since no one knows suddenly that these coins that you gave away will be worth a lot of money in the future, although today nothing stands.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: