Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine a cashless society  (Read 1734 times)
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:31:54 AM

In my opinion we are headint towards this already, but there is some amount of time needed for it to happen.
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:32:07 AM

I am one of the  Bitcoin addicts that actually so much believe, very much optimistic that we are not imagining Cashless society with Bitcoin opportunities in the future alone, It shall definitely come to materialize that most countries in the world shall be using Bitcoin in the very much near future since the Bitcoin famousity is already gaining ground in those societies.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:12:11 PM

It will be a good news for everyone since all people will be adopting a new modern economy where all transactions were cash less. This will make all trasactions easier and faster. Hoping that this all might happen in the future.
I don't think that such a future will be good news for everyone, think about it, governments are already doing everything they can to watch every transaction that you make, if physical money disappears then in theory they will know everything that you do with your money, and while I'm sure that the majority of the forum do nothing wrong with their money I still want some privacy.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

Just imagining it feels good to us in the digital age. All transactions we just do by pressing hp or gadget we do not need to leave the house and queue. but realizing this is not an easy matter. Currently there are many countries that do not know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Also they have not gotten internet access yet. So they still do the traditional buying. It takes a long time to make it happen.
I think cashless doesn't mean having to use cryptocurrency, even using a credit card is including cashless. you are right that if that happens of course it will be very convenient in payment or shopping, you don't need to go outdoors to buy something or pay something, just a knock your finger on your gadget and it has paid off, yeah but it will be difficult to be realized because the world conditions are still not yet support it.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?
Sounds like something straight out of a science fiction novel brother! When I was a kid, I thought everything within society would resemble that of the "Jetsons" cartoon. I had no idea money would eventual become virtual. I guess if we can imagine something, then we can no doubt, build it, no? I wonder what kind of world my future grandchildren will grow up in?

Lehbane

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:33:50 PM

Topping your cellphone or crypto card on the near future to complete a transaction will be much convenience for any shopper when they shop on a crypto shopping mall, no hassle on thinking about getting stolen cash, as long as you can freeze your account temporarily when you lose your crypto card or someone steal your phone.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:43:25 PM

I still wonder, why most countries still using cash as the main payment method, I think for everyone obvious pluses of using the digital money, from such banal as saving time to help society be more protected and transparent. Right now, I glad to see that my country changing and trying to become a cashless society.
Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:07:36 PM

Just by using your phone, you could purchase almost anything. No need to withdraw on an atm. No more heavy coins on your pocket. Paying bills, and purchasing tickets without standing on a line. Very convenient and less time consuming. I know we're already using credit cards right now, but using a single currency like bitcoin world wide could really help on transaction, having less error than the normal and faster transfer and of course the security. Do you guys think this could happen in the future of bitcoin?

I think we started it since 2009. Today, if we look Bitcoin, we can see the Bitcoin's 24 hour volume reaching 8 billion. Only these numbers tell us about cashless society.
Kokoy

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:20:39 PM

I can't , we will have a generation who depends on technology, we will lose the essence of interaction, conversation and other socially essential thing that we must consider always, and this is not a kind of future I want to live in I would like to isolate myself to the society if that happen, Im not stereotyping, but let us just consider the less fortunate people who keeps working for a day and get enough money to sustain their daily food, how about them, being successful and rich is not enough you should have performed better to the community also, and you are responsible as an individual to what will happened to the society where you are living, I guess we should consider this not only for profit and income.

Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:35:28 PM

If the usage of Bitcoin and any other type of cryptocurrency will continue to make happen, and will be widely recognized and accepted by all types of people around the world, possibly there can be a chance that a cashless society can be created out of it because we people tend to work out into things that makes our lives much easier and comfortable so if being into the cashless society will make it handy for us, many people will surely push the rise of the cashless society. But it will not be easy to implement because nowadays, there are still a lot of improvements to be done in related to the usage of digital currencies and also, cash or real money still do value in most number of population because even they earn at crypto, they still tend to do exchange it to cash in the other hand.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:51:51 PM

It would be a world where the ones who can live are the ones literate about the technologies. Cashless society is good it could help preserve the nature because you don't have to print bills anymore, but it has to be gradually introduced in the market so people would adopt it slowly.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:57:40 PM

I personally am not a friend of a cash less society and I want to use both, at least partially cash and for most things crypto currency. I do not want always to have a phone with me and please also note that the phone always shows where you are and this could be used to observe people like announced by George Orwell and this is not really what I want!
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:22:56 PM

As of now, only several countries would make that possible. But not in bitcoin's platform. Governments should be able to track and monitor transactions in order to help develop economy's progress, which bitcoin could not offer.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:26:34 PM

In my own point of view, a cashless society is a actually really good idea because it is very convenient to the people because they do not need to stand in a line for hours to pay their bills all they need is their smartphones and internet connection. But the problem is people are very smart when it comes in technology, so hackers could steal all of your money in just a click that is why having a cash is steal important for this kind of situation.
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:29:58 PM

Even I am into Bitcoin, I still cannot imagine that a cashless society will be widely implemented or being established because currently, there are still a lot of problems that we are facing in relation to the usage of our modern technology added by the fact that Bitcoin lies into this technology as a digitalt currency and I am seeing that it will be better to have a balance society where there is still cash and cryptocurrencies as well to equally have proper usage of both types of currency because other types of people still lies into using cash rather than crypto. So even it is possible, it might be impossible in our current time.

CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:45:25 AM

Just by silence at home and no need to leave the house, what we want we can get. Very much expected by many people. But it takes a very long time if indeed it will all happen. While these bitcoin users and people who utilize the technology are just some people. Not everyone understands about technology. And many people have very limited education.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:26:20 AM

Having a cashless society means a perfect flow and operation of cryptocurrencies. I can imagine that in the future but not the type of a scheme that is working 100% error and hassle free. Not unless if we can still transact cryptos in times when there is no internet connection.

kyucryp

Activity: 420

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:33:38 AM

I think all this will be very difficult to happen. I can not imagine how it would be if someone just stays in the house and the activity outside is very little. Indeed everything can happen. But when will it happen, surely nobody will ever know. That will definitely take a very long time. If indeed all people in this world already understand the technology and can use it. Maybe it will happen.

klasik1980

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:45:32 AM

Cashless and digital transactions are now commonly practiced worldwide. Countries like Sweden, India, and Belgium have taken steps away from the paper currency. Sweden is aiming to be the first country to go 100% cashless. India demonetized in 2016 and 93% of Belgium’s population pay through cards and phone applications. They even created a law to limit cash transactions to 3,000 euro.
Fixart96

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:09:35 AM

Cashless society is the future, but to make it effective into the entire operations each and every government needs to accept the digital growth. Right now very few countries around the world prioritize and adopt digital currency. If every country think similar to Japan, we can make a cashless society in a very small time period.
Yes, it is true that people do not use cash then this is a good technology for the future. And it takes time and hard work for digital currency to be received worldwide. Still many countries do not receive the digital money, and few countries who accepted it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: