Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Factor to Consider  (Read 1059 times)
Shenshen23 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:10:05 AM

What are the factor to consider that would affect the price changes or price elasticity of the Bitcoin? This is what I have read:

1. Bitcoin supply and increasing/decreasing demand
2. Bitcoin in news: Influence of media on garnering negative and positive publicity
3.Bitcoin users and developers influence the rise and fall of price.
4.New technological changes to Bitcoin

For discussion for the above mentioned. You can check this link: https://hackernoon.com/factors-influencing-bitcoin-price-cfabdf634894

How about you? can you add more factor that can affect the price of the bitcoin? Comment below.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
really01

Activity: 150
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:41:00 AM

The price of Bitcoin depends on many factors. But the core is still in the supply and demand of the market. All the rest are aimed at changing the supply and demand rules in order to change the value of bitcoin and altcoin. So when investing in btc or any other coin consider the real need and value that it can bring. For example, apart from investment, which entity would like to accept it?
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:54:55 AM

What are the factor to consider that would affect the price changes or price elasticity of the Bitcoin? This is what I have read:

2. Bitcoin in news: Influence of media on garnering negative and positive publicity

For discussion for the above mentioned. You can check this link: https://hackernoon.com/factors-influencing-bitcoin-price-cfabdf634894

How about you? can you add more factor that can affect the price of the bitcoin? Comment below.

I think what you have listed up there is pretty enough and is the main reason why bitcoin keeps fluctuating all the time. Demand and supply has to be there and is something that applies to all kinds of assets in the world whether it is oil or bitcoin. Your second point about the news is one which covers every dam thing that is FUD's, news about specific country accepting and ignoring the crypto and much more and all these come to one point and that's moving the bitcoin prices up and down.
I don't believe there is average effect of how much volume is getting driven inward and outward the bitcoin market. The prices will change proportionally for it.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:32:04 AM

I just want to add those whales because they can also affect the price of the market whenever they are selling and buying. Everytime they sell or buy or even trading it affects the price of coins they are holding.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:44:52 AM

You have missed out a huge one. Government regulations is currently one of the factors that is affecting the price of bitcoin the most. Even though I don't think it's entirely rational, it's happening. When new regulations and bans come out, the price of BTC usually jumps to a lower point.

Also, just the natural cycles of boom/bust in bitcoin price is going to affect bitcoin prices greatly.

For example, from historic values, BTC usually performs the best in the year following halvings, like 2013 and 2017. After those years, there will be huge corrections just like 2014 or this year.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:49:05 AM

Bitcoin was made to be used by people so obviously human factors such as buying and selling on exchanges affects greatly the price of Bitcoin and most especially with the buying factor - the willingness of a person to buy Bitcoin at a certain high or low price determines the price of Bitcoin at that moment.
Also, government regulations play a factor. Once a government announces Bitcoin is legal or illegal influences the influx and efflux in the Bitcoin market demand.

mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

Demand and supply are twin factors in economics that often determine the price of goods and services in the market.The target market also has a lot of influence and the market environment.So with the fluctuating price of bitcoin has some of these factors working oddly against it and the activities of some governments also do not support the bitcoin market.Trust me these are just temporal because it is normal with society to behave like this towards change but finally they will fully embrace it.

kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:06:20 AM

yes I agree it is the main factor affecting the fluctuation of bitcoin. I will add it I think the amount of bitcoin volume in circulation today is very small when compared with the amount of circulation of gold and USD. and if anyone buys bitcoin in large quantities it can certainly affect bitcoin. And speculation of bitcoin traders can also affect bitcoin.

breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:03:19 AM

Bitcoin was made to be used by people so obviously human factors such as buying and selling on exchanges affects greatly the price of Bitcoin and most especially with the buying factor - the willingness of a person to buy Bitcoin at a certain high or low price determines the price of Bitcoin at that moment.
Also, government regulations play a factor. Once a government announces Bitcoin is legal or illegal influences the influx and efflux in the Bitcoin market demand.
i think most influencing government regulation, as good as any bitcoin if there is no legalization from government then its development is also not good. so government leading main role of a development

Paul23

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:26:47 AM

the some major factor affect in bitcoin price has determine by supply in demand, the controlled of supply well defined through new coins well enter the system of mining,and mining has generates new coins as an incentive at proof of work,,so that this process mining has generates new coins at fixed rate,therefore the no, of bitcoin circulation is considered from anytime calculable,

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:30:30 AM

Day traders and also small investor. When this group of bitcoin users suddenly change their mind, selling or buying it can affect a lot when done in an instant.

Whales might have the upper hand but they could also lose at that point where they didnt even forecast that someone could really shake the bitcoin price.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:24:10 AM

Day traders and also small investor. When this group of bitcoin users suddenly change their mind, selling or buying it can affect a lot when done in an instant.

Whales might have the upper hand but they could also lose at that point where they didnt even forecast that someone could really shake the bitcoin price.

These small investors trading will increase or decrease only based on the market news otherwise these segment people will not be active all together at a time. But when there is some good news about the cryptos then this segment of people can influence bitcoin prices temporarily.

Currently, government regulations news is playing a bigger role in controlling prices than all other reasons. So I would like to see some government should come up with some guidelines for exchanges so that trading activity can increase slowly and later other governments also may follow.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:24:52 AM

These factors may cause and considered as bitcoin effect price but if you analyzed well bitcoin is decentralized so, therefore, bitcoin has the main factor that increases itself. The demand and supply is the core of effectiveness in bitcoin price movement and followed those social media bloggers and broadcasters spreading a FUD news and I think there's someone behind on that scene. Some government feeds those social media and writers to destroy the image of bitcoin and they tried to manipulate it.

hao2067755834

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:25:34 AM

I think BTC is the biggest influence on supply and demand.

The government's policy and media influence will cause people to buy and sell BTC!

Thus the price fluctuation!

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:03:13 AM

The general situation in the world economy. Falling stock indices on the largest exchanges leads to a decrease in the price of bitcoin.
The aggravation of international politics also negatively affects the price of bitcoin.
The sale and withdrawal of a significant number of bitcoins in fiat leads to a decrease in its rate.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:50:03 PM

From all the factor that you said all of them fully true, but don't you realised price sometimes can be manipulated. There are so much people behind bitcoin that want more profit. And of course to get that sometimes they playing the price.

We all must be careful to see this situation.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3608

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

Since those who invest are ordinary people"sometimes they do not have knowledge of the economy and investment laws" and decentralized market, emotions control plays a big role in influencing supply and demand. These feelings are often dominated by news and analysis.
Consequently,
1. the news(Negative or positive) is the biggest impact on the price of Bitcoin.
2. technological variables: Low fees and fast transaction confirmed are what users are looking for.
I do not think the other Factors can play a leading role.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:48:01 PM

Basic law. Like every markets have this application. Price increase in high demand. It has all been part of the basics in the Economics.

These are still relevant to the demand. Where did the new investments come from? Why do these new investors decided to invest in? Where did they hear the news of Bitcoin rising in price and all kinds of stuffs. A product wouldn't be so demanding if it doesn't get a proper marketing strategy. It will stay there if no one has seen or have been aware of it. No one would know that it existed if no one has stated that it exists. The media rang the bell for us to invest in here.

Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:52:35 PM

I really don't agree with your assessment. Bitcoin's supply and demand are not increasing in tandem. In fact, recently, bitcoin's demand has decreased due to the increasing FUD of ICO bans from adsense, twitter, facebook, MailChimp, and etc.

Investors that are new to investing are scared to invest in bitcoin after having gotten burned in December. Many of them have sold and left sour. Then they spread the word about crypto being a scam.

So now the demand is pretty much declining instead of rising.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:31:25 PM

one more factor also could be the important role to maintain bitcoin price that's the government decission that if there is the particular countries which is a lot of bitcoin traders at that countries such as China decide to banned or accept bitcoin then automatically it will makes the price suddently change
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: