Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was... that the crash -.-  (Read 5331 times)
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

has anyone a screenshot of the last 12h?

bitcoincharts.com is down and the others dont work on OperaMini

tradingview.com has phenomenal charts.

https://www.tradingview.com/e/?symbol=MTGOX%3ABTCUSD

does not work too, need something withou JavaScript Sad

im on a train, a real one, choo choo!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:40:46 PM

Maybe you're expecting a $100 crash. Hahahaha.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 03:16:44 PM

I trade on BTC-E. There is lower liquidity there, generally, than Gox or Stamp, and panic usually sets in pretty fast there. It can make for a nice quick BTC profit on days like today.

The best action is on BTC-E, fast falling and fast climbing, generally faster the other exchanges.  the place rocks Smiley

Low liquidity usually means that the execution of an order may take too long (and there is too wide a spread), so it may happen that when you actually should buy, you will instead be selling and vice versa...

dalexc

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

Oh fair enough.

Then it looks like your out of look.  Tongue

If you're willing to trust a stranger technical insight. BTC is due for another leg out. Pull out and wait on the side for a while.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:46:13 PM

We may be in for another "leg" down, but I don't think that it can be anything very significant. Maybe we can fall another 10%, but I think the chances of getting below $266 again is pretty much 0 at this point, so just trying to get that 10%, when you could be looking at 20% - 30% upward moves, even in the short term without breaking a new ATH, is sort of silly.

dalexc

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:01:14 PM

We may be in for another "leg" down, but I don't think that it can be anything very significant. Maybe we can fall another 10%, but I think the chances of getting below $266 again is pretty much 0 at this point, so just trying to get that 10%, when you could be looking at 20% - 30% upward moves, even in the short term without breaking a new ATH, is sort of silly.

Current price of BTC is 300 at Mt Gox.

A 10% correction will bring us to 270. That's dangerously close to the 266 number you just predicted there's 0% of going under. Is it possible? Sure. I personally just think calling tops and bottoms is quite foolish. No one sincerely knows the bottom or top. It's far better to follow the general direction and trend and at the moment until it reverses, that trend is down.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:01:52 PM

Seriously?  Huh

Now I'm disappointed. This has got to be the most anticlimactic bubble ever. Less than 50% price gain over the last bubble, followed by a crash not only smaller in % terms, but smaller even in flat $ terms. Gox didn't even get DDOSed, for god's sake. Worst. Bubble. Ever.

lmao, this is a good sign my friend.

A 10% correction will bring us to 270. That's dangerously close to the 266 number you just predicted there's 0% of going under. Is it possible? Sure. I personally just think calling tops and bottoms is quite foolish. No one sincerely knows the bottom or top. It's far better to follow the general direction and trend and at the moment until it reverses, that trend is down.

Indeed, sir, indeed. But it is fun! And then we can hold people to it  Cool

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:04:43 PM

Ok? We haven't even stayed sub 300 for any period of time that isn't silly. Just give the bids & asks some time to fill in. We're staying right about here for a while now.

Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:26:15 PM

Oh fair enough.

Then it looks like your out of look.  Tongue

If you're willing to trust a stranger technical insight. BTC is due for another leg out. Pull out and wait on the side for a while.

btcharts is up again. looks creepy! waiting for Monday...
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:46:06 PM

Seriously?  Huh

Now I'm disappointed. This has got to be the most anticlimactic bubble ever. Less than 50% price gain over the last bubble, followed by a crash not only smaller in % terms, but smaller even in flat $ terms. Gox didn't even get DDOSed, for god's sake. Worst. Bubble. Ever.

I'm so glad someone gets it.

AAA+++!!! very amusing, would read again.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:54:04 PM

Seriously?  Huh

I'm so glad someone gets it.

AAA+++!!! very amusing, would read again.

Don't worry, the bubble has only just started.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 06:55:44 PM

Don't worry, the bubble has only just started.

To swell? Grin

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:17:50 PM

uber-clever bear trap 

Uber-clever?

Seems more like a typical average bear trap to me.

Big rise, normal correction, and a few bears turn into Chicken Little.

Meanwhile it seems to be forming a triangle, ready to move on up again.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:20:09 PM

uber-clever bear trap  

Uber-clever?

Seems more like a typical average bear trap to me.

Big rise, normal correction, and a few bears turn into Chicken Little.

Meanwhile it seems to be forming a triangle, ready to move on up again.

Where is the triangle. I just see range trading.

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

worst, crash, ever

ok
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:02:06 AM

Yeah this is still a pretty lame crash. What's it gonna do, hang around in the 300s for a while just to scare us, then shoot on up again? Or *gasp* "CRASH" all the way down to two fitty? I mean, come on, Bitcoin, you can do better than this. Give us something that will make even the seasoned folks shit their pants, whether it's down or up. 

EDIT: Straight down to double digits or straight up to quadruple digits. Doesn't matter which. THAT's the bitcoin we know and love.

EDIT 2: Tomorrow's warmonger appreciation day in USSAmurr'ka. (The newspeak for that is Veteran's Day. How nice!) Celebrate by wiring some oil/war/blood money to an exchange, we can start the next rally on thursday.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:56:55 AM

EDIT 2: Tomorrow's warmonger appreciation day in USSAmurr'ka. (The newspeak for that is Veteran's Day. How nice!) Celebrate by wiring some oil/war/blood money to an exchange, we can start the next rally on thursday.

I would, only in celebration, the money wire lines are apparently dysfunctional.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:19:27 AM

that wasn't the crash, it will be much harder and from much higher, coming fairly soon, give it time to run up.  Cheesy

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:43:59 AM

that wasn't the crash, it will be much harder and from much higher, coming fairly soon, give it time to run up.  Cheesy

It looks like the crash, and it sort of felt like the crash, as there were random people coming out of the woodwork saying idiotic stuff like "ITZ GOING 2 150!!!"

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:39:51 AM

in short. Banks hate them

So where do you all guys trade your coins, Coinbase?
I trade on BTC-E. There is lower liquidity there, generally, than Gox or Stamp, and panic usually sets in pretty fast there. It can make for a nice quick BTC profit on days like today.

The best action is on BTC-E, fast falling and fast climbing, generally faster the other exchanges.  the place rocks Smiley
Also btce follows gox moves exactly. So all you need to do there in order to trade is watch clarkmoody. On other exchanges it's not quite as easy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: