Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin.com, where did it go?  (Read 16374 times)
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:22:57 PM

..   we're the only ones in a position to fix this mybitcoin problem.  

Say what?  What do you mean?

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:40:44 PM

I think he means that he is the only competition around town.

shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:52:49 PM

I think the solution is "we don't have to use it".

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:55:43 PM

I think the solution is "we don't have to use it".

Online e-wallet and banking service are convenient and plus they are instant. The downside of that is you have to trust.

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 07:08:17 PM

Say what?  What do you mean?

There's also walletbit providing competition.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one I don't know about.
xcooling

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:34:30 PM

once they have 100 000 bitcoins.. who says they wont steal them ? after all who is going to stop them ?

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:04:26 PM

Not all e-wallet providers have all the features that mybitcoin has.

It is far more easier to have a e-wallet provider interfacing to bitcoind and taking care of all the accounting, instead of doing it all yourself. I've seen already a couple of times that bitcoind died on services. I don't want to have to watch it for 24/7 to make sure it is up.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 10:09:11 PM

Not all e-wallet providers have all the features that mybitcoin has.

It is far more easier to have a e-wallet provider interfacing to bitcoind and taking care of all the accounting, instead of doing it all yourself. I've seen already a couple of times that bitcoind died on services. I don't want to have to watch it for 24/7 to make sure it is up.

WalletBit appears to be the only one that comes close but they just started a couple of weeks ago. When I get home I'll try integrating them into my shopping cart and see how it goes.

Still around.
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 10:16:18 PM

not that I know of ..  instawallet .. but that site scares me Smiley   I threw coins up there one time and closed the browser without bookmarking... LOL!

That's not instawallet's fault.. it's mine of course.. but still without any recourse to get my coins back it's somewhat scary in my opinion.

People can still use Mt.Gox for this, coupled with the yubikey (or the HOTP option we'll provide monday) it should be quite secure and there are no fees (not like with the "first bitcoin bank" canadian scam).

By the way I'd guess mybitcoin is acting pro (see http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22221.0 if anyone remembers it) so stuff should be back soon (well, I'll avoid saying anything negative, it'll be taken badly again)

I thought about using Mt. Gox when Mybitcoin went down this time but saw this notice: "Merchant service are currently unavailable, but will be back soon."

Are Merchant Services available again? If so, you should remove that notice.

Still around.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:20:33 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 10:30:58 PM by BioMike

Yeah, MtGox would do for me. Others are no option, because most don't allow automatic sending of payments.

I've looked up the whois record of bitcoin. abuse@mybitcoin.com is also down. Googled the address, found this:

http://www.nevisfinance.com/Directory.cfm?Idz=1 (same address as under Meridian Trust Company Ltd., with a Tracey Williams-Morton (MyBitcoin owner is registred as Tom Williams), same person?)

<edit>
Mailed Tracey Williams-Morton with the question if she can bring me in contact with Tom Williams.
</edit>
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:02:16 AM

I thought about using Mt. Gox when Mybitcoin went down this time but saw this notice: "Merchant service are currently unavailable, but will be back soon."

Please contact me (admin@mtgox.com) so we can discuss your needs as a merchant, and so we can provide the best API for you. We got no merchant on our system so far who expressed a need for any merchant system, however we can get things done quickly if you let us know exactly what kind of payment interface you need.
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:18:02 AM

Please contact me (admin@mtgox.com) so we can discuss your needs as a merchant, and so we can provide the best API for you. We got no merchant on our system so far who expressed a need for any merchant system, however we can get things done quickly if you let us know exactly what kind of payment interface you need.
I coded a WHMCS payment module for MyBitcoin using their SCI, anyway I could do the same for Mt.Gox?
Was planning on selling game servers for Bitcoins.

MagicalTux
VIP

-

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:26:20 AM

I coded a WHMCS payment module for MyBitcoin using their SCI, anyway I could do the same for Mt.Gox?
Was planning on selling game servers for Bitcoins.

Yes, just let me know exactly what kind of API you need, and we'll make it happen Smiley
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 12:52:49 AM

.onion mybitcoin is down too

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
EricSU

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:07:18 AM

Yes, just let me know exactly what kind of API you need, and we'll make it happen Smiley

The problem I have with your merchant system is that your site is extremely slow processing bitcoin deposits.
Often it is 1 hour or more, and mybitcoin did it in a few seconds.
Yes I realize the risk in this, but the services I sell are time sensitive, I cannot hold it for an hour to see if the customer pays or not.
It would be great your API could instantly tell me when a payment is received (even if I have to wait for it to be confirmed in block chain before I can spend it).
Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 02:19:38 AM

I've got the lion's share of my business' money in mybitcoin.com.  I hate that as people lose faith in it and express the justifiable desire to move away from them, it creates more incentive for the creator to actually abscond with everyone's money.

MagicalTux
VIP

-

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:24:51 AM

The problem I have with your merchant system is that your site is extremely slow processing bitcoin deposits.
Often it is 1 hour or more, and mybitcoin did it in a few seconds.
Yes I realize the risk in this, but the services I sell are time sensitive, I cannot hold it for an hour to see if the customer pays or not.
It would be great your API could instantly tell me when a payment is received (even if I have to wait for it to be confirmed in block chain before I can spend it).

We can make that happen too, a first notification when payment is on the bitcoin network. However we cannot guarantee it'll be confirmed (that's up to miners).
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:28:25 AM

I've got the lion's share of my business' money in mybitcoin.com.  I hate that as people lose faith in it and express the justifiable desire to move away from them, it creates more incentive for the creator to actually abscond with everyone's money.
I'm not loosing fate, just trying to keep the economy moving.

Also, they could let the public know what's going on.

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:49:07 AM

Fortunately, I don't have much in my account with mybitcoin ATM but I still hate losing any BTC.

That being said, I'm willing to wait until Monday at least before entertaining thoughts of persecution or investigation. Don't get me wrong, the downtime is very inconvenient and their customer response time is atrocious, but some people do still take the weekend off, after all.

Still around.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:50:44 AM

Fortunately, I don't have much in my account with mybitcoin ATM but I still hate losing any BTC.

That being said, I'm willing to wait until Monday at least before entertaining thoughts of persecution or investigation. Don't get me wrong, the downtime is very inconvenient and their customer response time is atrocious, but some people do still take the weekend off, after all.

Whoever is running MyBitcoin has been unresponsive for over a month. It's very likely gone for good. Though if you have any luck finding information, please do share.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: