Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit - internal currency of bitcointalk.org forum  (Read 215 times)
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:20:03 PM

You are that kind of people that buy anything and know nothing, Why does people like you thinks that money can buy anything?

Actually you can buy it to other people with the same attitude like you, but there is a big possibility for you to get banned if you get caught. But why you will waste money on things like this while you can get it for free? dont you have the trust to yourself?
In fact this is a WIN WIN situation for us, you are earning merits while you are learning new knowledge and you can help other people with their problems in the future when you are already pro if you will give time to learn here.

Why don't you give free access to buy and sell Merit for users of this forum?
-You will learn nothing
-It will cause another spammer
-It will cause farmer account
-And lastly the merit system loose its purpose.

good. the first one who is close to understand what I mean. But not very close.

That is because what you mean doesn't make any sense. You have failed to understand that if Merit was exchanged like a currency it wouldn't serve the purpose it was designed for.

you have no idea why merit system designed for.
No, He has! Can I ask you what  is the reason you are talking about?

Thank you. yes this is good system but not for a forum in such condition. This system had to be like this from very start. And now it is circus when youngsters who entered forum 6 months before me teach me how to live because they are Hercules Members.
If the system is implemented from the very start your not here because your "Hercules Member" friends are not on their current rank position for sure and they will not introduce this forum to you because they know that you cant get merits and you will not rank up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:09:45 PM

Op you can buy merit, that's what the merit sources are for. This will seem strange to you, but you cannot use fiat, crypto or goats, although it is similar to the barter system. You need to make posts that are of quality, the quality is upto the source to decide, some like humour, some require perfect grammar and others require technical knowledge but the basis is all the same, catch a sources eye with a post and you get merits....

Perfectly said mate. But some of the people exchange the merits in bulk numbers those are not tolerated by the moderators right. I have also received some merits from the merit source threads in services section.
They just verify that post has been initially answered to the op or not.
Then they checking whether the reply is needed one or spam. If it is spam they will add in rejected list I see billgator doing great job in that.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:01:24 AM

I dont know if you have internet to search on google or not, but last time i checked, exchange is an act of giving one thing and receiving another (especially of the same type or value) in return, based on this link (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exchange).
It does stated money in one of the definiton, but money is not the only measurement in an exchange. The keyword is equal. So all members here have free access to buy and sell merit using the designed currency for the merit, which are "quality posts" or "contribution" and "sMerits", still it depends on whether people want to exchange or not.

World is not only about money (although having a lot of it is great). If you want that kind of system, internet has steemit for you.
harbs23

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:33:27 AM

Me as newbie here in this crypto world I agree with  the merit system even if it is hard to get. Because the good for this system you force to learn new thing or new idea to share it to the bitcoin users to get merit, unlike when you buy merits its very basic ,and non-sense.
hoangvuthach

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:07:22 AM

Money is a measure of exchange. It is a measure of usefulness of good and servises. De facto Merit has become internal money of this forum. You make useful post - you get merit. This is how money work. After that you change those merit+your next labor (doing posts for signature bounty campaigns) for other money - bitcoin, usd, ruble, other currencies. This is forum is about cryptocurrencies. Everyone here want to have opportunity to change their tokens (different cryptocurrencies) for other tokens (+fiat) in a free way. Everyone feel this is fair.
I'm not going to argue with owners of this forum about their rules. Because this is their forum, their project.

But, I have only one question to you, owners.

NO
Members will not attempt to build quality posts that will run into their character
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: