Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction (1BTC bounty paid for resolution!)  (Read 7376 times)
omgitsmehehe (OP)

Activity: 580
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:33:37 PM

I pulled those tx id's from my QT wallet when things started going wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4612

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:35:20 PM

Where/How?

I just tried pulling transactions from my Qt wallet, and I don't get any -000 on the end of the transactions.  I'm trying to understand how you came up with those as transaction IDs.
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:22:21 PM

Where/How?

I just tried pulling transactions from my Qt wallet, and I don't get any -000 on the end of the transactions.  I'm trying to understand how you came up with those as transaction IDs.

They were pulled from qt. not much more I could comment on.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:33:25 PM

Where/How?

They were pulled from qt. not much more I could comment on.

Pulled from running listunspent in the console of Qt?

Pulled from a copy/paste of the transaction ID after double clicking on the transaction under the "Transactions" tab?

Pulled from clicking the "Export" button at the bottom of the "Transactions" tab and then opening the resulting file with a text editor, word processor, or spreadsheet program?

A little help here.  At the moment, bee92239ed763ebcd87495af1cbdd6e3d2f836e3091169eaa6880714c0565744 doesn't appear to be an unconfirmed transaction from your Qt.  Otherwise your getrawtransaction command should have returned a transaction.
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:46:10 PM

The 2nd option. Sorry if my replies are short and blunt. On mobile.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:49:48 PM

Please follow my instructions on page 1. This will return the full available balance to the wallet. After balance recovery, it would be wise to create a new wallet and send the balance there, since you have mishandled wallet privacy by uploading private key data over interceptable Internet connections to third parties.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:31:59 PM

I can't explain what is going on.  It doesn't make sense for the wallet to display the transaction as unconfirmed on the transactions tab and not find it when you run getrawtransaction.  Either you've somehow accidentally supplied the wrong transactionID, or your wallet is really messed up (corrupted) somehow.  Also, I am running Qt on a Mac (like you).  I've now tried 3 times, using copy and paste on the displayed transaction ID after double-clicking on the transaction and I can't reproduce the results you got (the -000 on the end of the transaction).  I can't seem to figure out how you managed to get transaction IDs that look like that.

You can try deepceleron's instructions to remove the transactions from the Qt wallet, but if it's badly corrupted I'm not sure what the result will be.  Make sure you have a backup of the current wallet.dat before you start messing around with pywallet, just in case you make things worse.

At this point, I'd suggest making a backup of wallet.dat and then working with deepceleron and jackjack to clean things up with pywallet.

Good luck.  I'll be monitoring this thread and will jump back in if I see an opportunity to help.
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:06:54 PM

Will try celerons instructions when I get home. Will split up bounty between those who helped if successful!

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:23:31 PM

Before messing with pywallet, (see this thread to see how to do it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35214.0), I would suggest to extract private keys using the dumpprivkey as described by Moebius327 and Buffer Overflow on pg 1.

Some people have reported issues with pywallet

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:04:02 PM

Before messing with pywallet, (see this thread to see how to do it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35214.0), I would suggest to extract private keys using the dumpprivkey as described by Moebius327 and Buffer Overflow on pg 1.

Has already been done. Py wallet seems to be the only option at the mo

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:33:53 PM

Back in 2012, pywallet only supported uncompressed keys. It was likely the problem in this thread.

You're right though.
ALWAYS back up your wallet when messing with a tool that edit it.

Now that you did it you can start trying to delete the transactions in your wallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329954.msg3541978#msg3541978

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:59:02 AM

The above doesn't solve the problem. You need to remove the unconfirmed transactions from your Bitcoin-qt wallet.dat, and then -rescan for payments. You wallet balance will then reflect the correct balance.

1. Install python 2.7.5: http://www.python.org/download/

2. Install python-twisted package and python-zope packages: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#twisted - you must get versions compatible with 2.7 and your 32/64 bit version of python you installed.

3. Get the pywallet script: https://raw.github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/master/pywallet.py - save it to a known location on your computer.

4. Completely close Bitcoin, verify it is not running in task manager.

5. Back up your wallet.dat: file https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet

Then run pywallet with a command line that starts the web interface:

pywallet.py --web

now:

1. Go to http://localhost:8989 in your browser to access your pywallet web server

2. Go to the Delete tab

3. fill in the wallet directory and filename. Type "all" into the keys box, and leave the transaction radio button checked.

4. Press delete, all transactions that are cached in your wallet.dat are removed.

5. You can close the web browser and pywallet after this is completed.

Now, run bitcoin-qt -rescan and let it search the blockchain for all valid transactions and payments to you, you will now have a correct balance and no unconfirmed transactions.

Got to running pywallet.py --web and got stuck. Little help please?

deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:30:17 AM

You can edit the pywallet.py file so it starts the web interface by default.

Change the first line to the correct shebang for OSX:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

Change line 4792 from:

Code:
		help="run pywallet web interface")

to

Code:
		help="run pywallet web interface", default=True)

Do not alter the indenting.

save the *.py to your home directory. Double-click.
-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, though (command prompt, terminal, console, etc), to do other actions such as using the Bitcoin command line options. Here's how I would expect you to run it:

finder -> go -> utilities -> terminal
type python pywallet.py --web

omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:36:29 AM

You can edit the pywallet.py file so it starts the web interface by default.

Change the first line to the correct shebang for OSX:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

Change line 4792 from:

Code:
		help="run pywallet web interface")

to

Code:
		help="run pywallet web interface", default=True)

Do not alter the indenting.

-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, though (command prompt, terminal, console, etc), to do other actions such as using the Bitcoin command line options. Here's how I would expect you to run it:

finder -> go -> utilities -> terminal
type python pywallet.py --web

Changed both those lines and ran pywallet.py --web through terminal as root and get this error;

SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character

deepceleron
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:12:20 AM

-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, ...

Changed both those lines and ran pywallet.py --web through terminal as root and get this error;

You do not need or want to be root. Especially with code you cannot understand off the Internet. Root has a different wallet in a different home directory than you, anyway.

Note the subtle "-or-" above; you don't need to do both things I described. It sounds like you edited more than you needed to, causing the syntax error.

Re-download pywallet.py to your home directory and run it with the terminal if you have figured that out.
dudeami

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:45:44 AM

I can't explain what is going on.  It doesn't make sense for the wallet to display the transaction as unconfirmed on the transactions tab and not find it when you run getrawtransaction.  Either you've somehow accidentally supplied the wrong transactionID, or your wallet is really messed up (corrupted) somehow.  Also, I am running Qt on a Mac (like you).  I've now tried 3 times, using copy and paste on the displayed transaction ID after double-clicking on the transaction and I can't reproduce the results you got (the -000 on the end of the transaction).  I can't seem to figure out how you managed to get transaction IDs that look like that.

You can try deepceleron's instructions to remove the transactions from the Qt wallet, but if it's badly corrupted I'm not sure what the result will be.  Make sure you have a backup of the current wallet.dat before you start messing around with pywallet, just in case you make things worse.

At this point, I'd suggest making a backup of wallet.dat and then working with deepceleron and jackjack to clean things up with pywallet.

Good luck.  I'll be monitoring this thread and will jump back in if I see an opportunity to help.

Doubt this will help the current situation, but just wanted to let you know how you get the -000. Go to your transactions, right click one of them and select "Copy transaction ID", and you get it in that format with the vout appended.

Put your heart on the line, it determines your fate.
BTC: 1DUDEAMiV54PFJFSe5fen3wr1e71unkaGj
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:26:20 PM

-or-
You should be familiar with the shell, ...

You do not need or want to be root. Especially with code you cannot understand off the Internet. Root has a different wallet in a different home directory than you, anyway.

Note the subtle "-or-" above; you don't need to do both things I described. It sounds like you edited more than you needed to, causing the syntax error.

Re-download pywallet.py to your home directory and run it with the terminal if you have figured that out.

Ok followed the above instructions. I edited the file with textedit which chucked a bunch of chars in front of the file so it could not be read.

Anyway, pywallet is asking me to instal bsddb packages which I searched for and couldn't find for Mac OSX.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:22:57 PM

Bsddb is broken in OSX, you can find how to fix that in the pywallet thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:27:29 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 10:13:41 PM by omgitsmehehe

Could you point me to which page as I couldn't find anything about it on the OP.

Just found it, will try tomorrow and report back

omgitsmehehe (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

Just deleted tx's through pywallet, done bitcoin -rescan and balance shows 0 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed.

I have no idea what is going on but I hope I haven't just watched $19k go down the drain.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: