Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:02:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blade erupter assistance  (Read 617 times)
udaredme (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:31:55 PM

Ok, I am having issues getting my blade erupters to actually function properly. I have an ultra 1000w psu powering, linksys router with dd-wrt. No issues setting up ip or anything on the configuration screen. I have tried setting up mining proxy thru windows and osx with bitminter pool and normally via slush's pool. Everything seems to be ok, no hashrate, no shares accepted, nothing.

I have setup usb block erupters and even older gpus before asic miners got so popular. On both osx and windows with many different mining software, bfgminer etc...this boggles my brain..plenty of power going to the blades, shows uptime and thats it..nothing else..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ninjatflex

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:04:33 PM

Sell all the erupters you have and buy pure BTC with them. You'll make more money that way and wont waste your electricity. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's good advice. I bought a bunch of erupters the other month, got them hashing away and realised if i kept them all running 24/7 i'd have enough BTC to buy myself a snickers at the end of the year. So I sold them, bought BTC and within a few years will be a lot better off for it.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

Sell all the erupters you have and buy pure BTC with them. You'll make more money that way and wont waste your electricity. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's good advice. I bought a bunch of erupters the other month, got them hashing away and realised if i kept them all running 24/7 i'd have enough BTC to buy myself a snickers at the end of the year. So I sold them, bought BTC and within a few years will be a lot better off for it.

Pointless post.  Good effort.  Roll Eyes

To the OP, you need to set up Slush's proxy on a PC.  Set up the Blade to mine to the IP address of the PC, putting in the worker username and password in the appropriate boxes in the Blade's web page.  I'm ot sure what the linksys router has anything to do with anything - if your PC can get on the internet, that's all you need to worry about.
udaredme (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:14:03 PM

I have tried that..on both my mac and my windows machine..naturally easier on the windows machine..still no dice..set up the mining proxy..set the blade to the IP of my windows machine..same thing, just uptime recorded, no hashing nothing..rather odd...
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:19:24 PM

Firewall on the PC off?
udaredme (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:36:17 PM

got it..Oddly enough..switched out one of my network switches and bam..instantly connected...so my linksys network switch must be the issue..old dlink switch and it connected with no other changes..thanks to all for the support..maybe this will help others with similar issues..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: