Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin.com - hosting provider: leaseweb.com  (Read 14671 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

hi!
this is to all of you who have get your funds stolen by mybitcoin.com

mybitcoin.com's hosting provider is leaseweb.com
you can contact them, or the police saying that mybitcoin.com have stolen your bitcoin
it is likely that they will try to contact the onwer of the site, tom williams.

please contact them at:
http://www.leaseweb.com/en/about-us/contact

and please remember mentioning:
mybitcoin.com
83.149.112.133, its there ip
tom williams, the owner of the site.

i hope you get your funds back. Smiley

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:02:28 PM

hi!
this is to all of you who have get your funds stolen by mybitcoin.com

mybitcoin.com's hosting provider is leaseweb.com
you can contact them, or the police saying that mybitcoin.com have stolen your bitcoin
it is likely that they will try to contact the onwer of the site, tom williams.

please contact them at:
http://www.leaseweb.com/en/about-us/contact

and please remember mentioning:
mybitcoin.com
83.149.112.133, its there ip
tom williams, the owner of the site.

i hope you get your funds back. Smiley

Let wait and see what happen.

getpaidz

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:17:36 PM

I just opened an old thread because of mybitcoin.com. I just started messing with them and now this is an bad experience with them. Prolly anyone using them. I will try to contact them. Anyone know why the site went down? Just to take peoples bitcoin? Thanks for info..
Johnny Pizza

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:24:09 PM

I doubt the police will care. Try explaining BitCoins to them and see how far that get.  Roll Eyes

I say we track the owner down and beat the SHIT out of him and steal his money. Cool
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:25:09 PM

We need more competition! Because having only one wallet service round town is not a good idea!

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:27:38 PM

I doubt the police will care.
mybitcoin still have stolen peoples money.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
andrepcg

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:51:59 PM

mybitcoin didnt steal money. it stole bitcoins and that's what the police is going for.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 03:59:21 PM

Anyone using mybitcoin might want to double check that the login and password they used isn't the same they used on mtgox etc.
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:20:35 PM

mybitcoin didnt steal money. it stole bitcoins and that's what the police is going for.
bitcoin is money.

Money is any object or record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money

xcooling

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:39:27 PM

something might of happened to the webmaster of mybitcoin. if servers are not paid for they will get suspended.

bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 05:50:12 PM

something might of happened to the webmaster of mybitcoin. if servers are not paid for they will get suspended.

Only the web service is down, the TOR node and Privoxy are still running.
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:52:27 PM

Is there ANY WAY TO GET MY BTC out of their system? Like, I have the wallet # and my authorization um, stuff. So... surely there is a way?

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:58:43 PM

Is there ANY WAY TO GET MY BTC out of their system? Like, I have the wallet # and my authorization um, stuff. So... surely there is a way?
No. Sorry.
shotgun

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:00:37 PM

Going to post this to LeaseWeb. Anyone want me to add/change anything?

Code:
Hi,

This is in regard to an issue with the server that you host which runs www.mybitcoin.com, which is a Bitcoin wallet provider. The owner, Tom Williams, provides a service that allows people to store their funds on his server via transaction processing. Since his server is down and he is not responding to contact requests, this is affecting all of the (hundreds, thousands?) of users of his transaction service. This constitutes theft if he does not allow users to move their bitcoin wallet funds from his possession. If you are not aware of Bitcoins, they are a digital currency that has several international markets.

Please contact Tom Williams and/or have the server put back online (at least temporarily, so that the users can retrieve their funds from his digital service. If the users cannot get their funds then Tom Williams has stolen their money.

Feel free to contact me or see the post covering this issue on the Bitcoin forums: https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=33020.0

Thank you,

Concerned User

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:03:46 PM

Going to post this to LeaseWeb. Anyone want me to add/change anything?

Code:
Hi,

This is in regard to an issue with the server that you host which runs www.mybitcoin.com, which is a Bitcoin wallet provider. The owner, Tom Williams, provides a service that allows people to store their funds on his server via transaction processing. Since his server is down and he is not responding to contact requests, this is affecting all of the (hundreds, thousands?) of users of his transaction service. This constitutes theft if he does not allow users to move their bitcoin wallet funds from his possession. If you are not aware of Bitcoins, they are a digital currency that has several international markets.

Please contact Tom Williams and/or have the server put back online (at least temporarily, so that the users can retrieve their funds from his digital service. If the users cannot get their funds then Tom Williams has stolen their money.

Feel free to contact me or see the post covering this issue on the Bitcoin forums: https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=33020.0

Thank you,

Concerned User
where is the end ") Smiley
else there is nothing more to add

Tx2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:04:00 PM

We need more competition! Because having only one wallet service round town is not a good idea!

I'm sorry but wallet services like these are just dumb.  Yes, they may be convenient but you're literally asking for your coins to get stolen, hacked, etc
shotgun

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:05:32 PM

I'm sorry but wallet services like these are just dumb.  Yes, they may be convenient but you're literally asking for your coins to get stolen, hacked, etc

Agreed, which sucks because I was in the process of moving all of my distributed funds to a central encrypted wallet when the server went offline.

BITLISH
VIP

Activity: 573
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:35:54 PM

Wallet services are quite useful - because no confirmation is required for between users transfers.
But if mybitcoin turn out to be scam, it will be hard to gain trust for such service.
bittersweet

Activity: 222

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:42:06 PM

Bitcoin by design is decentralized currency. If you centralize it in some obscure services you are asking for problems. If you want to use Bitcoin bank, then bank real address, name, phone number, photo of owner's face confirmed by 3rd party should be ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for you to even consider storing money there.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:42:50 PM

Bitcoin by design is decentralized currency. If you centralize it in some obscure services you are asking for problems. If you want to use Bitcoin bank, then bank real address, name, phone number, photo of owner's face confirmed by 3rd party should be ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for you to even consider storing money there.

I prefer anonymous e-wallet service with anonymous owner who have a reputation.

In any case, the problem with mybitcoin is that they have no communication channel. Even if they have not stolen my money, I still move out...because they shown poor services.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: