Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CryptoStocks][Bitcoin Arbitrage Fund]Fund was closed, we bought back all shares  (Read 18396 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:10:59 PM

CryptoStocks site shows your verification level as "None", and this gets you nowhere.
I like the idea but unless you do provide certain provable ID documents to CryptoStocks and also to the public, the only people who may jump ahead to buy would be drunk or the newb fool. You should provide documents and full verification first!

Not that "verification" matters there anyway.

OP, see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Eric.DarkSpirit (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

At what rate do you do forex exchange of RMB to USD? What volumes per transaction do you do?

Exchange rate rom RMB to USD will be 6.09, which may be changed according to the price of the People Bank of China.

Volumes every round  = 40 BTC (which is invested by OP) + all shares income(which is invested by shareowners)

CryptoStocks site shows your verification level as "None", and this gets you nowhere.
I like the idea but unless you do provide certain provable ID documents to CryptoStocks and also to the public, the only people who may jump ahead to buy would be drunk or the newb fool. You should provide documents and full verification first!

Not that "verification" matters there anyway.

OP, see here.

Really good guide for us,  and a lot of information, we will read it carefully and try to learn something.

Thank you very much. You help us a lot.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:13:16 AM

Please consider using a different exchange from cryptostocks to list your fund with.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Eric.DarkSpirit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:13:14 AM

Please consider using a different exchange from cryptostocks to list your fund with.

We are considering this issue seriously.

It seems people really dislike CyptoStocks.

hasher87

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:34:38 AM

how's cryptotrade?
Eric.DarkSpirit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 01:04:21 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 12:25:12 AM by Eric.DarkSpirit

how's cryptotrade?

There are too few securities on Crypto-Trade, we are afraid.

Btct.co was closed, and bitfunder is about to be closed.

Maybe Havelock Investment is the last choice.

digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 07:35:49 PM by digit

how's cryptotrade?

There are too few securities on CyptoStocks, we are afraid.

Havelock is established and trusted,  but before you make a decision I would like to suggest you look into Crypto-Trade - link is in my signature.  Their securities platform is really new and has opened this week and allows a security to be listed in BTC, LTC, XPM or PPC,  but they have been around for some time as a currency exchange for the main crypto currencies and fiat which would may useful for your arbitrage. It would be my preference now over havelock as it has the advantage that dividends paid go straight to account ready for my own trading on the site without the need to transfer/withdraw.
The interface is also alot more familiar to those that have used BTC-TC/LTC-Global.  It is also not US based/owned/hosted and will not have the problems that those exchanges and bitfunder had.  It offices are located in Hong Kong, which may be of some convenience for you as well.

Like other exchanges it also will allow you choose how much information you wish to provide to back up your identity with eg: passport, address, phone, social networking etc and the users will be able to see this info on site and make their decisions on whether to invest or not.

heres a screenshot i made earlier that shows part of the create security page:
[/center]

BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:29:07 AM

how's cryptotrade?

There are too few securities on Crypto-Trade, we are afraid.

Crypto-Trade only launched their securities a few days ago, and it was as response to the closure of BTCT & LTCGlobal, the assets currently there are related to the owners/exchange and already paid their first dividends for the month.  They were  previously listed on BTCT and LTCGlobal before they closed. It highly probably that first few securities that list there will do quite well, and the popularity of the exchange has risen signifigantly in the past few weeks.  It also the only securities site with a chatbox and lots of cool friendly people there Cheesy

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

Serious question, been hiding in a cave the last few months...what's so bad about cryptostocks?
deizel

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:31:25 PM

Serious question, been hiding in a cave the last few months...what's so bad about cryptostocks?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201674.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=311875.msg3355536#msg3355536
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330636.msg3549623#msg3549623
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:32:11 PM

The interface is also alot more familiar to those that have used BTC-TC/LTC-Global.  It is also not US based/owned/hosted and will not have the problems that those exchanges and bitfunder had.  It offices are located in Hong Kong, which may be of some convenience for you as well.

Like other exchanges it also will allow you choose how much information you wish to provide to back up your identity with eg: passport, address, phone, social networking etc and the users will be able to see this info on site and make their decisions on whether to invest or not.

Head, meet desk.

The idea that anyone would actually encourage yet more citizen finance just boggles. It is not the fact that play exchanges were "in the US" that caused their shutdown. It is the very fact that they were run by unqualified people catering to anyone and everyone imagining themselves capable on the basis of passion and nebulous "hard work" that caused, and will continue to cause, their demise.

All this aside : you can’t invest with Cryptostocks for the same reason you can’t swim in the desert, you can’t invest with Cryptostocks for the same reason you can’t sunbathe at night. You can’t invest with Cryptostocks because it can’t be done, nobody can do it. It’s a gamble, and as my PR aptly pointed out for the benefit of the forum muppetry long long ago, if gambling is your idea of “investing” then you’re much better served “investing” in one of the dice games. You can roll for “dividends” as often or as rarely as you can stomach it, you can set your “dividend” ratio in advance, and most of all you are actually playing a provably fair game. Which is a much better deal than the sort of crap computer-illiterate dorks with a ready software package and zero business experience can ever offer.

Full text on Trilema, chronicling for those of you who either missed it or weren't paying attention Cryptostocks' subconscious spelling out of why investing does not and cannot take place on its "platform", from the guy's defective self-IPO all the way to the recent listing of Dragon's Tale by some random scammer with no actual affiliation with the game.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:49:23 PM

All this aside : you can’t invest with Cryptostocks for the same reason you can’t swim in the desert, you can’t invest with Cryptostocks for the same reason you can’t sunbathe at night. You can’t invest with Cryptostocks because it can’t be done, nobody can do it. It’s a gamble, and as my PR aptly pointed out for the benefit of the forum muppetry long long ago, if gambling is your idea of “investing” then you’re much better served “investing” in one of the dice games. You can roll for “dividends” as often or as rarely as you can stomach it, you can set your “dividend” ratio in advance, and most of all you are actually playing a provably fair game. Which is a much better deal than the sort of crap computer-illiterate dorks with a ready software package and zero business experience can ever offer.

Full text on Trilema, chronicling for those of you who either missed it or weren't paying attention Cryptostocks' subconscious spelling out of why investing does not and cannot take place on its "platform", from the guy's defective self-IPO all the way to the recent listing of Dragon's Tale by some random scammer with no actual affiliation with the game.

Ah I see, so it's not a problem with the exchange itself, just for the investors looking for legitimate businesses?
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 06:40:55 AM

Head, meet desk.

The idea that anyone would actually encourage yet more citizen finance just boggles. It is not the fact that play exchanges were "in the US" that caused their shutdown. It is the very fact that they were run by unqualified people catering to anyone and everyone imagining themselves capable on the basis of passion and nebulous "hard work" that caused, and will continue to cause, their demise.

No one wants to be scammed or lose their money here but Play Exchange is not a word that comes to mind looking at Havelock or Crypto-Trade.   My reasons for suggesting Crypto-Trade over others is because I have come to have trust and faith in it from the months that I have been using it, and so far there has not been any behavior exhibited by the site that has caused me to panic or be concerned, I cannot say the same of other crypto-coin sites some who will at very short notice and at no consideration to their users will remove coins (panic dump recently Wink ), are changing/removing currency pairs, or even worse they got hacked/corrupted DB/wallets are just a few examples.  This type of behavior has lost many traders money as the site made their holdings disappear, worth less or just plain worthless.

On CryptoTrade I have noticed that the support from the site towards their users has been professional and courteous in chat and AFAIK no one there has lost their BTC, altcoins or FIAT stored there.  Some people have experienced delays longer then stated max of 24 hours when withdrawing their FIAT (they usually vent in chat about it) but from what i can tell its solved in a reasonable amount of time and the integrated messaging system (another feature only found on this exchange!) allows the site to send a private message to site users and keep them apprised.  Users can even message each other.  

Now that the site has expanded to integrate a securities exchange, dividends are added to your existing balance on the site, so I won't need to wait for smallish dividends to accrue so I can withdraw or to mature in my wallet so its not eaten up by tx fees.  Its there on the site ready for my use.

The launch of the securities is not something just happened overnight, it was mentioned over a month ago as something being considered after the closure of those other exchanges, and has now progressed to becoming a reality this week.  It seems to me that alot planning and assessment has gone into it before it was launched,  and so I am more confident about using this site then any of the others.   Any securities that pass the verification satisfactory for their listing can be sure that users of the site will consider investing in them there because of the added security and convenience provided.  

I hope you can take a decent look at the site and point out any concerns or potential problems that are specific to Crypto-Trade, there is always going to be some risk but I think they got it down to minimal and if there existed a ratings system for crypto exchanges/securities they would be in the A's.

Thanks for the link,  I hope more users read it as its very informative and will save them from using high risk sites.

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:53:58 AM

Ah I see, so it's not a problem with the exchange itself, just for the investors looking for legitimate businesses?

Cryptostocks has been around for a while. The operator has a long history of his altcoin exchange getting "hacked" and his securities exchange had nothing happening on it because who wants securities demoninated in devcoins, or shares of the Altcoin exchange that was hacked at least twice this year.

Cryptostocks is only finally attracting attention because every similar zoo in their marginally better iterations: GLBSE, Bitfunder, and BTC-TC have died. The only thing that seems to have insulated Cryptostocks from that fate was its nearly complete disuse.

The Vircurex IPO was their one big thing so far. Vircurex is also run by the Cryptostocks guy. That  cryptostocks's one big dance was such a shit show suggests the operator is actually incapable of providing the services he purports to.

frito

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:40:52 PM

Updates:

(1) Bitcoin Forum time: November 12, 2013, 03:37:48 AM

The first dividend will be paid after 7 days, then we will start the first arbitraging process.
hi

1. Whats the first dividend?

2. Will you reinvest (increase the equity taking part in the arb process)?

3. Whats your projection of the NET(after exchange rate loss, banking fees) profit per Arb. round?

4. Whats the expected average time between arb. rounds?

ty

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:39:02 AM

My reasons for suggesting Crypto-Trade over others is because I have come to have trust and faith in it from the months that I have been using it, and so far there has not been any behavior exhibited by the site that has caused me to panic or be concerned, I cannot say the same of other crypto-coin sites some who will at very short notice and at no consideration to their users will remove coins (panic dump recently Wink ), are changing/removing currency pairs, or even worse they got hacked/corrupted DB/wallets are just a few examples.  This type of behavior has lost many traders money as the site made their holdings disappear, worth less or just plain worthless.

It's very nice that you've had a positive experience thus far. If scams and trainwrecks behaved consistently throughout their operations, they'd never attract their marks in the first place, and you'd never hear much about them.

Consider this:

Kludge: Maybe it's time you splurged the hefty sum of 20 bitcoin to move over to the one exchange that actually works. By "actually works" I mean charges 1/4 as much per transaction as GLBSE does, is down an infinity percent less and in general has an infinity percent fewer issues, troubles, problems, defects and so forth.

Nefario: You are obviously unqualified to be anywhere near a project of the complexity of an exchange, even for play money (which I suspect BTC are, for most of you here, at least judging on behavior records). I will make you precisely one offer to buy the thing from you, so you get to actually make some money for all your effort over the past year, as misguided and mismanaged as it may have been, rather than have to walk away from a worthless wreck (like Zou Thong/Amir&co have with Bitcoinica). If you have half the maturity you should have to be involved in all this you will take this offer seriously, and consider your options carefully. Feel free to make contact via pm or in #bitcoin-otc-eu.

If that is the way you speak to someone of Nefario's standing in the community  I wonder what you speak to your customers like. There is no need to descend into a slanging match.

This stuff, by its nature, seems dandy in the beginning, unless you have the experience and/or relevant knowledge to enable foresight. For this reason, when authoritative figures point out that x venture or y idea is not worth your time, fighting the foresight is the wrong move.

I hope you can take a decent look at the site and point out any concerns or potential problems that are specific to Crypto-Trade, there is always going to be some risk but I think they got it down to minimal and if there existed a ratings system for crypto exchanges/securities they would be in the A's.

What the "site" is like doesn't particularly matter. The point is that the very premise of encouraging users to create their own securities sufficiently belies a gaping lack of understanding of what securities are, and of how an exchange operates. While they're not necessarily bad things in themselves, customer service, websites, and so forth cannot do anything to change this fact or improve the prospects of the "service".

Thanks for the link,  I hope more users read it as its very informative and will save them from using high risk sites.

Hey, my pleasure.

Eric.DarkSpirit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:41:25 AM

Updates:

(1) Bitcoin Forum time: November 12, 2013, 03:37:48 AM

The first dividend will be paid after 7 days, then we will start the first arbitraging process.
hi

1. Whats the first dividend?

2. Will you reinvest (increase the equity taking part in the arb process)?

3. Whats your projection of the NET(after exchange rate loss, banking fees) profit per Arb. round?

4. Whats the expected average time between arb. rounds?

ty

1. There will be the first dividend tomorrow, don't forget "after 7 days".

2. We promised to invest 40 btc or the same value in USD.

3. We expected 10%-13% profit per rount three days ago, however, based on observing results during recently three days,  the profit will reduced to 5-6%.

4. Because of different transferring method, the average time between arb. rounds will vary from 2 days - 15 days.

If we bought btc-e code, this is the fasted way to transfer USD to btc-e.com, however, we can't do it now because the code's additaional profit is more expensive than our expected profit. For example, the code price from RMB to USD is 6.7 now, however, the offical exchage rate from RMB=>USD is 6.12. So the man sold the code may make 9.4% profit, which is larger than our expected profit 5-6%. We can't take it.

So, we have to transfter USD by International Wire Transfer, which will cost us 1% or more. The whole time may be 15 days.

Eric.DarkSpirit (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:49:33 AM

I missed a crucial part: the title.

There is a space before the "!" (incorrect) and worse, three "!!!". Only teenage girls do that.

Hmm.........

Maybe you are right.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:05:18 AM

Taking a bit of a gamble on you here and hopping on board for a few shares Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Wsbltc

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:37:44 AM

Why Verification Level is still none?

Are you take it seriously to get Advanced Verification?

Thank you very much, we didn't notice this.

We will post verification documents today, at least getting Advanced Verification.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: