Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:19:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone know TradeFortress personally?  (Read 1200 times)
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

Do I understand this right...that people trusted TradeFortress with money even though he had no verifiable real-world identity?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:11:41 AM

Doesn't matter. Never trust anyone but yourself with your money.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:32:44 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 02:44:52 AM by escrow.ms

Do I understand this right...that people trusted TradeFortress with money even though he had no verifiable real-world identity?

He was on the "Default Trust" list.

And He's a VIP Donator too.

Ps:

Link: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/bitcoin-site-hacked-founder-says/5078148
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:11:01 AM

Seeing TradeFortress on the "Default Trust" list a couple months back is what made me nuke mine entirely and start one from scratch based on personal business dealings with forum users.

True story.

gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:00:19 AM

I don't doubt it. He was pretty well known to be a scammer but was protected :/

Maybe - *I* didn't know, though I do now.  In addition to everything mentioned above, he was a silver member of the bitcoin foundation. That's what convinced me.  I am stunned that the Foundation has remained utterly silent on the matter.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:58:02 AM

I bet pirateat40 would have bought a membership on there in an instant, if if existed back then. He had the equivalent though, a spotless profile on BTC-OTC with hundreds of positive ratings and feedback from well known people around here. Also people DID know and meet him personally - he still scammed them.

TradeFortress did something similar and people did (and do) still believe him for example when he accuses others of being scammers (e.g. on his page ripplescam.org) because, as we know from the bible, those without sin throw the first stone! Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:46:40 PM

And He a VIP Donator too.

Maybe he donated to gain trust, so he could do an even bigger scam...
aussie_striker

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:30:22 AM

He had the equivalent though, a spotless profile on BTC-OTC with hundreds of positive ratings and feedback from well known people around here. Also people DID know and meet him personally - he still scammed them.

TradeFortress did something similar and people did (and do) still believe him for example when he accuses others of being scammers (e.g. on his page ripplescam.org) because, as we know from the bible, those without sin throw the first stone! Roll Eyes

It's funny how so many people believe the rubbish that comes from people like tradefortress especially when they accuse others of being scammers with no proof whatsoever, even when evidence presented indicates otherwise. Then to hear that they have gone and scammed others. I wonder if people that believed all the rubbish will wake up and realize a lot that they were calling scams probably weren't and was just to make themself look big and important. It's much like MPOE-PR who will probably be the next big scammer on here. She/he/it has a following from the trolling against everyone trying to show anything new on here and constantly call everything a scam on here. True there are a lot of scams but you shouldn't call a program a scam from the start for no reason just to gain some self importance.

With BTC price rising so much it will make others want to jump on the bandwagon and there is likely to be more like tradefortress turn up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
CrypticBits

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:56:11 PM

As far as I know the only thing known about him is his address, no? To be honest I never bothered with all the hassle with this guy as I haven't followed the story and never used his site, but I've sold and sent him something twice (through skype). Since the products werent exactly legal (grin) he never told his real name, ofcourse

Also, if he is a scammer, why doesn't he have a scammer tag? There must have been something that proved him not to be a scammer then, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: