Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper  (Read 43146 times)
myself

July 30, 2011, 04:13:12 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 08:48:10 PM by myself

After you spent your hard earned money on a mining rig and you dont like the results, do you want to see an improvement on your cash flow? You've heard other users managed to increase their income and want to increase your own? Are you sick of stales? Headaches when you try to configure something? Do you want something easy to setup that you can click and run?
If something sparked your interest, keep reading.

Bitcoin pool mining offers the opportunity to increase your income by selective mining on certain pools and for certain periods of time. But you're just human and can't monitor pools 24/7. We propose a solution, a program that automatically manages your miners and chooses the best pool based on its algorithm.

Another thing that hurts your miner's profit is the number of stale shares, there are many reasons why you get stales but the best way to lower their number is to just let the miner itself request and deliver its work, poclbm is one of most reliable  mining clients and offers a large number of options (flags). You only need to set the flags you want for poclbm, fill in your miner user credentials (not log in) in the configuration file for each pool (there are many pools), run the bat file and you are ready to go. Now you can really enjoy the fan noise.
CherryPicking is the ultimate mining profit maximizer for poclbm, stop listening on what other are doing to increase their income and take action right now, you can see how your income increases from day one.

The full list of of its current features and planned additions will be in the post below.
The post below will be written by CherryPicking main developer Bloodred
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bloodred

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:13:29 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2011, 09:33:13 PM by Bloodred

CherryPicking is a new bitcoin pool hopper coded by me with the help of myself.

CherryPicking is written in Java and was tested as well as developed using Windows. It uses poclbm as a miner.

Features:

• Direct control of miner processes, no proxying or redirecting miner traffic for any number of GPUs. Currently this is limited to poclbm (latest version) and Phoenix. It can handle all the GPUs you throw at it efficiently due to scalable multithreaded design.
  • Support for any pool with JSON API or web page providing round shares and hash rate via config files. Current supported payment models are: proportional, score-based (like slush), SMPPS, PPS and PPLNS (early implementation, testing an idea).
  • Backup pool support, used when no other pool is currently favored for mining
  • Lagging pool detection, your miners won't waste time if a pool is lagging
  • Easy to use and to set up, all you need is the freely available JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed and Windows itself (though it may work on any other OS as well)
  • Timestamped text log output so the hopper's messages can be tracked
  • Future: adjustable hopping/pool priority algorithm
  • Future: statistics tracking for miners and export to .csv files to facilitate analysis - has been added
  • Future: Linux support and testing, if people want it - as of v0.6.6 I have tested CherryPicking on Ubuntu 11.04 using the Sun JRE and have fixed a few minor Linux-specific bugs. CherryPicking on Linux!
  • Free future updates for all buyers, you buy it once and never pay anything for updates, even if the price changes.

The hopper is configurable and flexible and can hop proportional, score, PPLNS pools as well as use backup pools. You set it up using config files for each pool and 16 are already provided. Anybody can write a config file for a new pool. For details about the files and how to use the hopper please see the included ReadMe. In short: add your miner credentials to the pool config files and run the .bat file.

This release is still a beta and Score and PPLNS hopping are somewhat experimental, but on average they should help increase your income. Future version will add more features (both planned and whatever else may be requested) and adjust/improve the hopping algorithms.

If you're getting errors connecting to some pools using https, please read my post on the next page to fix it.

How to get it:
Pool config files available here - Updated 09.09.2011 - added the SSL certs to this download
CherryPicking is available for 0.5BTC, special promotion for early adopters brave enough to give it a try. This price will slowly creep up to the intended value.
Always check this post for the latest update and the latest bitcoinservice link. Currently bitcoinservice does not allow changing the file, so updates will come as new, different links.
IMPORTANT: Please allow cookies and have JavaScript enabled in your browser when making the bitcoinservice purchase. I am not affiliated in any way with bitcoinservice and I do not get the addresses that have sent payment, I'm not in a position to fix it if something goes wrong with your purchase because of cookies and/or JS being disabled

v0.6.7 - Beta http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/1146 - Changelog

Updates:
v0.6.3 to v0.6.4
v0.6.3 to v0.6.5
v0.6.3 to v0.6.5a
v0.6.3 to v0.6.6
v0.6.4 to v0.6.5
v0.6.5 to v0.6.5a
v0.6.5a to v0.6.6
v0.6.6a to v0.6.7
v0.6.6 to v0.6.7
Always use the correct update. Applying an update meant for a different version will result in an invalid .jar file. Do not delete the .old files the updater creates, you may need them in case something goes wrong with a future update.
Click here for an update guide

Checksums for v0.6.7:
Code:
  File: CherryPicking v0.6.7.zip
CRC-32: 5efdb6d9
   MD4: cb067f5d279f8e75868a5056c44d79e7
   MD5: 61ad6529c5de43e73a14812bcfade18b
 SHA-1: 46ca5959bbf55fc14b23557fa284c73fb27a0e83

File: CherryPicking.jar
CRC-32: 9ccce5d1
   MD4: 6422bade46c6e4e59d5c6b304aeaa1ad
   MD5: c7009e1cb51af0d8d36b0a93c53318ac
 SHA-1: a99fff9ee398bb95b0ed097414529b45dc3c80bb

I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have and to fix any bugs that I've missed!

CherryPicking dev

If you'd like to donate: 15qV7jbw4C43Dcm4JhKL4RXVPKGtvLDAYM
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:33:40 PM

CherryPicking is available for 0.1BTC, special promotion for early adopters brave enough to give it a try. This price will remain unchanged for the first few buyers and afterwards will slowly creep up to the intended value.
0.1 btc? ಠ_ಠ

Bloodred

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:40:07 PM

Well, even somebody mining at a slow 200MH/s would easily get their money back from the extra income compared to normal mining in less than 2 days. Is it that much? It would be a mere matter of hours for anybody with a fast miner.

CherryPicking dev

petabytecoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:40:48 PM

So how do you take care of updates? If you buy now do you get free updates for life?
Bloodred

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:43:24 PM

Updates will be handled using bsdiff and bspatch. The update files will be freely available (not on bitcoinservice), but you will obviously need the previous version to be able to use them.
Yes, you get free updates to any future version I will release. Updates will be added to the 2nd post in this topic.

CherryPicking dev

djex

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:49:49 PM

Will this run on linux? If there is no proxying will I need to run this on each miner?

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
djex

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:04:26 PM

Hmm I'm not sure you understand what I was saying. Say if I have 3 computers mining. They are all running linux. From what you have described it doesn't sound like this will work for me because it seems to be 1. Windows only and 2. Needs to be run on each computer that is mining. Am I right about this?

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
Zagitta

Activity: 302

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:10:13 PM

And how to get the same thing for free: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26866.0

Charging for pool hopping software truly makes you a scumbag, know why? Because whether or not you like it pool hopping cheats other people of their reward and then commercializing the system to do it is the same as selling tools with no other purpose than committing a crime, be it rape or robbery...

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry

iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:18:27 PM

Well, even somebody mining at a slow 200MH/s would easily get their money back from the extra income compared to normal mining in less than 2 days. Is it that much? It would be a mere matter of hours for anybody with a fast miner.
since it's a beta, can't you let people test it for free?

0.1 BTC is what I mine A DAY
Bloodred

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 06:54:31 PM

Will this run on linux? If there is no proxying will I need to run this on each miner?
It is not tested on Linux, so it can't say. In theory it should run since it's Java but practice is often different. I suggest waiting to see if somebody with both Windows and Linux tries it.

Charging for pool hopping software truly makes you a scumbag, know why? Because whether or not you like it pool hopping cheats other people of their reward and then commercializing the system to do it is the same as selling tools with no other purpose than committing a crime, be it rape or robbery...

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry
So using software that increases your mining payout by about 50-100%(if not more) based on other people's work (cheating them as you name it) is fine, but asking 0.1BTC for the software (that I have written and haven't cheated anyone to do so) that gets the user the extra BTC makes me a scumbag. Doesn't this strike you as slightly hypocritical?

Since it's a beta, can't you let people test it for free?

0.1 BTC is what I mine A DAY

Well, if you take your time to set it up and make accounts with more mining pools you'd get at least 0.15BTC on an average day, that means in 2 days you'd have your investment back and continue making more after that.
Hmm I'm not sure you understand what I was saying. Say if I have 3 computers mining. They are all running linux. From what you have described it doesn't sound like this will work for me because it seems to be 1. Windows only and 2. Needs to be run on each computer that is mining. Am I right about this?
1. Hasn't been tested on Linux at all, so I can't say
2. Yes, it needs to be run on each computer. However, this wouldn't require buying it multiple times or something ridiculous like that, you can use it on all your miners. Depending on the pools you choose it may even work with the same config files so all you'd have to do is copy it over, if not all you had to edit were miner account credentials.

CherryPicking dev

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 07:34:53 PM

PPLNS (early implementation, testing an idea)
PPLNS is (if it is implemented correctly) not hoppable once a pool has solved more than N shares in total - but feel free to test it if you don't believe the math! Wink

Edit: Oh, and I hope you didn't use any code from c00w's bitHopper or some mining clients/other noncommercial sources.
Also, if I pay for that stuff, I would expect at least that you host the files yourself + that it comes with more user-friendlyness than a commandline client + config files (where the pool configs even have to be manually updated!).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Bloodred

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 08:17:45 PM

PPLNS is (if it is implemented correctly) not hoppable once a pool has solved more than N shares in total - but feel free to test it if you don't believe the math! Wink
I agree, it's not hoppable in the "traditional" meaning of the term for prop pools. However, if there's no better option available at that time and you can determine that your shares have a very good chance not to miss the N-share payment window you may as well use that pool instead of backup and maybe get lucky and have them paid twice.

Edit: Oh, and I hope you didn't use any code from c00w's bitHopper or some mining clients/other noncommercial sources.
Also, if I pay for that stuff, I would expect at least that you host the files yourself + that it comes with more user-friendlyness than a commandline client + config files (where the pool configs even have to be manually updated!).
Don't worry, I haven't used anything from anywhere, the hopper is entirely my own work.
As for the config files, all you have to manually edit are the miner account credentials and at some point you had to specify those in order to pass them on to your miner(s) anyway. Although anybody could write a config file, I've provided them myself for most pools and I'll make some for the ones I've missed as well. Regarding automatic updates, there's nothing I can do right now but promise that such functionality will be implemented if I ever have the means to support it.

CherryPicking dev

hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 12:20:13 AM

Evolution continues.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:27:36 AM

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry
srsly, what?
ಠ_ಠ

pool hopping is a crime now?
LOL.

can i throw my "not sure if serious" fry meme here?

Tx2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:29:56 AM

srsly, what?
ಠ_ಠ

pool hopping is a crime now?
LOL.

can i throw my "not sure if serious" fry meme here?

Your hesitance to use stated meme with intent....

not sure if serious 
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:04:32 AM

You've listed EclipseMC in the config files, but we're using Meni's scoring system now so you're probably wasting your time there.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:51:49 AM

If you want to "risk" higher variance in your backup pools, you can mine at any honest (I'm not implying that EclipseMC is or isn't honest btw!) hopping proof pool, ideally with as low fees as possible.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

beast at work

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:21:30 PM

cgminer offers a backup pool solution, so how is this better ?
Bloodred

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:02:29 PM

You've listed EclipseMC in the config files, but we're using Meni's scoring system now so you're probably wasting your time there.
Thanks for the heads up!

cgminer offers a backup pool solution, so how is this better ?
As far as I'm aware, cgminer is only a miner and doesn't do pool hopping. "Backup" in the context of pool hopping is a pool you mine when the other pools' round times aren't within the optimal mining period.

CherryPicking dev

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: