Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper  (Read 43146 times)
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:31:10 AM

The cherrypicking.jar file does not work for me.  I start the program the hourglass comes up for a few seconds and it shuts down.  I can run the program only by the start.bat.  Is this correct.  I just did the update and says the jar should be updated.
Does the resulting .jar file match the checksums in the 2nd post? If you don't have a tool to calculate checksums installed, you can use this online version: http://www.hashemall.com/
Select MD5 and compare your updated .jar file to the MD5 value in the 2nd post.

Also i just updated and I can't find settings.cfg anywhere
It won't be created automatically, if you want to change any of the parameters you can create it yourself in the cfg folder as a regular text file.

Cherrypicking.jar file does match the checksum on 2nd post using hashemall online tool and MD5 value
But it runs OK if you use the start.bat file right?  That's actually how it is supposed to work.

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:37:52 AM

The cherrypicking.jar file does not work for me.  I start the program the hourglass comes up for a few seconds and it shuts down.  I can run the program only by the start.bat.  Is this correct.  I just did the update and says the jar should be updated.
Does the resulting .jar file match the checksums in the 2nd post? If you don't have a tool to calculate checksums installed, you can use this online version: http://www.hashemall.com/
Select MD5 and compare your updated .jar file to the MD5 value in the 2nd post.

Also i just updated and I can't find settings.cfg anywhere
It won't be created automatically, if you want to change any of the parameters you can create it yourself in the cfg folder as a regular text file.

Cherrypicking.jar file does match the checksum on 2nd post using hashemall online tool and MD5 value
But it runs OK if you use the start.bat file right?  That's actually how it is supposed to work.

it runs with the start.bat correct. I thought I had missed something. Thank you.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Milkshanks

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:36:10 AM

Is there any way I can see what my hashrate is? Damn, I forgot how awful my experience with BitHopper was.

Was my post useful? Tips accepted Smiley
Meu post lhe foi útil? Aceito gorjetas Smiley

15rqJrGMKgfrVrDgg5v7h4KGqgN83pfzuH
Bloodred

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:09:27 AM

Damn it, I forgot to post this in the changelog.
Yes, yes you can.
Just type info and press Enter, I've added it in the latest version. The hash rate displayed is taken from poclbm's own averaging, it will probably be inaccurate right after a pool switch.

CherryPicking dev

If you'd like to donate: 15qV7jbw4C43Dcm4JhKL4RXVPKGtvLDAYM
muyoso

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:22:43 AM

Yes, yes you can.
Just type info and press Enter, I've added it in the latest version. The hash rate displayed is taken from poclbm's own averaging, it will probably be inaccurate right after a pool switch.

So it resets for each pool switch?  Thats pretty awesome actually.

I drink it up!
Bloodred

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:28:29 AM

Yes, yes you can.

So it resets for each pool switch?  Thats pretty awesome actually.
Yeah, the hash rate I mean, because it just reads poclbm's average hash rate output and that obviously resets when the process is restarted. As for shares/stales, it keeps track of both the total (for the current CP session) and the shares/stales submitted to the current pool. May still have a few bugs because it's difficult to test (hops don't happen that often), but should generally be good. This same information along with the time it hops are dumped to .csv as well, if that feature is enabled.

CherryPicking dev

Milkshanks

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:29:03 AM

Well this is just weird, i'm checking my hashrate right now and it's 225mh/s, while I usually hash around 350mh/s on guiminer, with the same arguments, or course. Why is this happening? My poclbm.cfg is currently like this:

Path=C:\BTC\poclbm\poclbm.exe
Args=-v -w128
Device=0

max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:30:42 AM

so all seems to be working well on my end, but am still getting funny messages...

attempting to parse bitclockers.cfg, then pool bitclockers might not be configured correctly. It has been initialized anyway.

Huh
Milkshanks

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:31:53 AM

so all seems to be working well on my end, but am still getting funny messages...

attempting to parse bitclockers.cfg, then pool bitclockers might not be configured correctly. It has been initialized anyway.

Huh

I get that message for all my .cfg files, I thought it was normal. Maybe not?

max in montreal

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:35:23 AM

also

-update error or pool considered invalid<lagging or down>
-problems communicating with bitcoin rpc 2 3

Huh
Bloodred

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:41:16 AM

Well this is just weird, i'm checking my hashrate right now and it's 225mh/s, while I usually hash around 350mh/s on guiminer, with the same arguments, or course. Why is this happening? My poclbm.cfg is currently like this:

Path=C:\BTC\poclbm\poclbm.exe
Args=-v -w128
Device=0
It's probably fine, as I've said it's taken form poclbm's own averaging which I believe takes into account how many shares you actually submit as well. So if you're unlucky and submit few shares, it'll be lower, if you're lucky and submit lots in a short amount of time it will be higher than your normal hash rate. If you check that value after a long time spent on a pool it should be pretty close to the real value. If this behavior is too confusing I can switch it to a "normal" average, done within CherryPicking. If you're seeing low GPU load though, then there's a real problem, but I don't think so.

also

-update error or pool considered invalid<lagging or down>
-problems communicating with bitcoin rpc 2 3

Huh
That means poclbm (not CherryPicking) cannot connect to the pool. The pool is either down or you have something invalid in its .cfg. Bad miner credentials maybe, or an accidental typo in the hostname, something like that. CherryPicking detects the problem and switches to a different pool, to avoid wasting mining time.

Huh

I get that message for all my .cfg files, I thought it was normal. Maybe not?
Perfectly normal.

CherryPicking dev

Milkshanks

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:46:35 AM

@Bloodred

Cool, thanks for all your help. my gpu load is at where it should be, so i'm guessing everything is fine. Thanks.

ampirebus

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:50:54 AM

to the guy saying his mhash is crazy low than normal, my mhash is exactly the same as using guiminer or phoenix. im using XFX 6870 1GB x2 and  x2 Saphhire 5830-2L (overclock to 315 mhash/s one)

i run the 6870s on one machine and the 5830s on another,
however, in my args file for the 5830 for some reason cherry picker says "invalid server entry" and then goes on to read my args line VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=13

but on my 6870s it never says anything from the normal -v -w128 args. i think its maybe something with poclbm and it cant handle some args that guiminer can?
muyoso

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:01:00 AM

to the guy saying his mhash is crazy low than normal, my mhash is exactly the same as using guiminer or phoenix. im using XFX 6870 1GB x2 and  x2 Saphhire 5830-2L (overclock to 315 mhash/s one)

i run the 6870s on one machine and the 5830s on another,
however, in my args file for the 5830 for some reason cherry picker says "invalid server entry" and then goes on to read my args line VECTORS BFI_INT FASTLOOP=false WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=13

but on my 6870s it never says anything from the normal -v -w128 args. i think its maybe something with poclbm and it cant handle some args that guiminer can?

Those are phoenix arguments.  You need to use "-v" for vectors, BFI_INT is baked in and doesn't need to be stated, no idea about fastloop, worksize is "-w128" and aggression at that level would be around "-f5" or so.  So your arguments should look like this:

-v -w128 -f5

I drink it up!
max in montreal

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:04:00 AM

That means poclbm (not CherryPicking) cannot connect to the pool. The pool is either down or you have something invalid in its .cfg. Bad miner credentials maybe, or an accidental typo in the hostname, something like that. CherryPicking detects the problem and switches to a different pool, to avoid wasting mining time.

Kiss

Milkshanks

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:08:03 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 03:24:43 AM by Milkshanks

@Bloodred

I have a suggestion that could improve your hopper a little, maybe you could add some option on argument so we can have 2 or more different config files. The reason for this is using different arguments on different situations. The way I see it you'd just need to add a argument to set from wich file CherryPicking should read the configs, if no argument is used, it'd read it from poclbm.cfg as always.

Edit: Either that or making a way so we can use this hopper as a proxy, being able to connect multiple miners to it. But I guess that would ask for a ton of coding work.

max in montreal

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:03:47 AM

So now that everything seems to be working well, is it possible to see our efficancy, or how much better we are doing?
Milkshanks

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:15:25 AM

So now that everything seems to be working well, is it possible to see our efficancy, or how much better we are doing?

That would be cool, cause I can't seem to keep proper track of my earnings with this much pools. Also, I'm wondering, isn't pool hopping roughly about finding the youngest block amongst pools and mining on that pool? Cause from what I see CherryPicking always tries to mine on unitedminers for example, wich is trying to solve a block for almost 6 hours now while other pools like mtred barely gets mined on by cherry. I know there is something i'm missing here, but I can't figure out what exactly that is.

muyoso

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:15:43 AM

That is easy to figure out.  Go to a pools website and look at their last solved block.  I'll take my last mtred as an example:

I submitted 389 shares and received a payout of 0.05155391.

(389/1888786.705353) * 50BTC = Expected payout of .010297616

(.05155391/.010297616) * 100 = Efficiency of 500% for that round at MtRed.

Sadly there is no real way to do it automatically as most pools don't offer all of the information needed through JSON stats and it would be a pain and a half to scrape all of that information off of their websites.  You can measure your overall efficiency for the day however by adding up all of the payments you received for today and adding up all of their shares and doing the math.

I drink it up!
muyoso

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:20:31 AM

That would be cool, cause I can't seem to keep proper track of my earnings with this much pools. Also, I'm wondering, isn't pool hopping roughly about finding the youngest block amongst pools and mining on that pool? Cause from what I see CherryPicking always tries to mine on unitedminers for example, wich is trying to solve a block for almost 6 hours now while other pools like mtred barely gets mined on by cherry. I know there is something i'm missing here, but I can't figure out what exactly that is.

The problem is that Unitedminers is slow as hell, so while it takes them 6 hours to reach 42k shares, the other pools like MtRed reach that almost immediately.  So Cherrypicker will jump to MtRed when they find a block, but almost immediately they are no longer the pool with the fewest shares so it switched back to unitedminers.  If you have the latest version you can set in the settings.cfg the algorithm so that it will stay with faster pools and fall back on the slow pools.

I drink it up!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: