Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper  (Read 43146 times)
ampirebus

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:49:02 AM

somehow in the past 24 hours i have got .97 BTC out of 540 mhash !! with cherry picker. what a day

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Milkshanks

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:52:56 AM

Yes, you need to add the Miner entries yourself.

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app Smiley

@ampirebus

Holy crap, that's a LOT! How many/wich pools are you using and what are your current settings?

Was my post useful? Tips accepted Smiley
Meu post lhe foi útil? Aceito gorjetas Smiley

15rqJrGMKgfrVrDgg5v7h4KGqgN83pfzuH
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:08:52 AM

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app

+1
ampirebus

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:20:10 AM

Yes, you need to add the Miner entries yourself.

Cool, thanks for letting me know, I know it sounded a stupid question but I was wondering if maybe those pools had some unusual login, like Eligius. Anyways, awesome job you are doing man,  both in the software and helping users out here, I'm happy I bought your app Smiley

@ampirebus

Holy crap, that's a LOT! How many/wich pools are you using and what are your current settings?

from the official cfg package #s
I am using the following pools: (its easier than typing them all)
0-2,4-21,24-26

STATIC_FAST in settings.cfg
(so every pool except #3, 22,and23.) Feel free to keep them all in there, i just removed them for personal preference and because i was having communication problems with them sometimes
Milkshanks

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:25:25 AM

0-2,4-21,24-26

(so every pool except #3, 22,and23.) Feel free to keep them all in there, i just removed them for personal preference and because i was having communication problems with them sometimes

So you are using score based pools too?

max in montreal

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 03:57:09 AM

They should all have the correct payment type in the cfgs, if not I've made a mistake.

You should choose as many Prop pools as possible and have a few backups as well. Please ignore any .cfg with the pool type 'SMPPS' or 'PPS' for the time being, those are for the next version that I'm currently testing, but since I've already written the .cfgs I've uploaded those too. Actually, you can use PPS pools, just switch them to BACKUP (change Type=PPS to Type=BACKUP) and they'll work in 0.6.3

what about type=score
ampirebus

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:06:56 AM

0-2,4-21,24-26

So you are using score based pools too?

yes. a few times the bot has jumped into slush for a 1-10 minute round and stayed until the block was found  which means a good payout. a few times it jumps in and then leaves a long round and gets nothing.
scatterbrain

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:31:45 AM

i'm having some trouble with the ssl certificate for slush. i can connect to slush just fine using guiminer so i'm assuming this is a java issue from the log file. all the other pools work fine too. i followed the steps from the post on page 2 for moving the jssecacerts file to Java\jre6\lib\security directory but after that i'm a bit lost. how exactly do i run the InstallCert.jar file. do i open a command window and type java -jar InstallCert.jar hostname? or just double click the InstallCert file? does the InstallCert file need to be in a certain location to begin with or can it stay in the folder i downloaded it in? please point me in the right direction if i'm on the wrong track. here is the log file:

Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

max in montreal

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:50:31 AM

i'm having some trouble with the ssl certificate for slush. i can connect to slush just fine using guiminer so i'm assuming this is a java issue from the log file. all the other pools work fine too. i followed the steps from the post on page 2 for moving the jssecacerts file to Java\jre6\lib\security directory but after that i'm a bit lost. how exactly do i run the InstallCert.jar file. do i open a command window and type java -jar InstallCert.jar hostname? or just double click the InstallCert file? does the InstallCert file need to be in a certain location to begin with or can it stay in the folder i downloaded it in? please point me in the right direction if i'm on the wrong track. here is the log file:

Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

3) You can just copy the file that I got by running InstallCert myself (link below as well)

Here is the link with the already made jssecacerts file and InstallCert compiled by myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4ayu9fb2gvmh1p

place that file in your Java\jre6\lib\security directory

scatterbrain

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:22:47 AM

3) You can just copy the file that I got by running InstallCert myself (link below as well)

Here is the link with the already made jssecacerts file and InstallCert compiled by myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4ayu9fb2gvmh1p

place that file in your Java\jre6\lib\security directory

that's exactly what i did before. i redownloaded and repeated everything just to be sure but i'm still getting the same error.

i should also note that in the slush.cfg file i changed the line, JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/ (took out the s after http), and then get a different error:

Ignored invalid server entry: '<username>:<password>@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332'

so is it http or https? and is there any further step after putting the jssecacerts file in the Java\jre6\lib\security directory or should it just work once it's in there?

max in montreal

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:36:01 AM

Code:
Type=SCORE
Host=api2.bitcoin.cz
Port=8332
JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
HashEx1="ghashes_ps":\s*"\d{1,}.\d{1,}
HashEx2=\d{1,}.\d{1,}
SharesEx1="shares":\s*\d{1,}
SharesEx2=\d{1,}
Div=1

The above works for me.

is there any further step after putting the jssecacerts file in the Java\jre6\lib\security directory or should it just work once it's in there?

should work.
scatterbrain

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:46:13 AM

that's exactly what i have too. maybe my miner line is wrong

Miner=<username>.<username suffix> <password>?
max in montreal

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:56:56 AM

Code:
Type=SCORE
Host=api2.bitcoin.cz
Port=8332
JSON=http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/json/
HashEx1="ghashes_ps":\s*"\d{1,}.\d{1,}
HashEx2=\d{1,}.\d{1,}
SharesEx1="shares":\s*\d{1,}
SharesEx2=\d{1,}
Div=1
Miner=max12345.0 secret
Miner=max12345.0 secret
Miner=max12345.0 secret
scatterbrain

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:12:32 AM

problem solved. i had some characters in my password that i guess CP doesn't read. changed my password to some regular old alphabet letters and it's working now
Milkshanks

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:45:19 AM

@Bloodred

I've heard some pools like bitcoins.lc and btcguild are using delayed statistics (btw, is there a config for BTCGuild?), how does that affect cherrypicking exactly?

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 09:44:59 AM

just a theoretical question: if 100% of all miners use this cherrypicking hopper, then were will be hardly any blocks will complete, correct? because if everyone just jumps into the early rounds of the block and then leaves, then that block in the pool never finishes, and nobody gets any of the rewards. there needs to be at least some honest miners to finish up the job, right?

MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:21:27 AM

@Bloodred

I've heard some pools like bitcoins.lc and btcguild are using delayed statistics (btw, is there a config for BTCGuild?), how does that affect cherrypicking exactly?
Thanks for the heads-up on bitcoins.lc that is useful information to me.

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 11:28:43 AM

just a theoretical question: if 100% of all miners use this cherrypicking hopper, then were will be hardly any blocks will complete, correct? because if everyone just jumps into the early rounds of the block and then leaves, then that block in the pool never finishes, and nobody gets any of the rewards. there needs to be at least some honest miners to finish up the job, right?
You are mostly correct.   Smiley  However, blocks will still be solved, pool hoppers still mine 100% of the time.  

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
Bloodred

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 01:50:57 PM

@Bloodred

At the moment I recommend not using them. I'll add a way to approximate the real round shares for pools with a known delay, but this can only realistically work for slow-ish pools. For example, if the pool has a 1h delay and it takes less than 1h to get to 43% of diff, then you can't really do much, even if you can approximate that value quite accurately. This happens because by the time the pool lets you know its on a new block the optimal mining window has already passed.

If the pool is slow however you can still mine for a part of the optimal period, you just miss the start.

If 100% of miners used the current version of CP they'd mine all prop pools until 43% and then get stuck on backup pools, which would get a huge hash rate boost. I don't think this will ever happen though.

problem solved. i had some characters in my password that i guess CP doesn't read. changed my password to some regular old alphabet letters and it's working now
Any spaces? All other characters should work. If it was a different character, can you please tell me what it was, in order for me to fix it? (Just the character, I don't need your password or anything like that)

CherryPicking dev

If you'd like to donate: 15qV7jbw4C43Dcm4JhKL4RXVPKGtvLDAYM
scatterbrain

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:37:05 PM

it was a combination of letters and the characters @*`. my best guess is that the @ was the culprit. the error message i was getting: Ignored invalid server entry: '<username>:<password>@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332'. my password contained the @, so maybe it was trying to start reading the web address when in fact it was still part of the password? CP is working great for me now though. thanks for all the work you put in to it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: