Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED]R15x: 2 KnC Jupiters, $110 = 11GH/s. Nov. + DZ MC Bonuses  (Read 8449 times)
gh2k

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:20:37 AM

The most realistic mining calc I can find is the expert-mode one at http://www.coinish.com/calc/ which says that if we were to start hashing today, we'd likely break even in 50 days or so, taking difficulty adjustments of around ~2.8% per day into account.

Unfortunately we're not going to start hashing today, and that's where the problems arise. Adding a delay of 0.3 months into the calc, it puts the break-even at 100 days. Any later than that and it's not going to happen, unless the difficulty increases slow down, which is unlikely.

0.3 months is ~9 days. I'm not sure what the shipping status is of the Jupiters or how long they'll take to get from Sweden to the hosting facility, but I suspect it will be longer. Also, using a pool other than BTC Guild which takes 3% (and has too much hashing power for my taste) might help a little bit, but not much.

I'm bullish on BTC though, so I suspect (hope) we'll make back our dollar investment, just not our BTC one.

Mining is a hobby that _costs_ money at the moment. Hopefully most people on this sub will have done enough research to determine that for themselves.
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:14:27 PM

Please remember that generally the equipment is resold as well, which does recover some money.
gh2k

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:41:46 PM

Please remember that generally the equipment is resold as well, which does recover some money.

Yes, that's true. I hadn't factored that in.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:09:15 PM

The most realistic mining calc I can find is the expert-mode one at http://www.coinish.com/calc/ which says that if we were to start hashing today, we'd likely break even in 50 days or so, taking difficulty adjustments of around ~2.8% per day into account.

Unfortunately we're not going to start hashing today, and that's where the problems arise. Adding a delay of 0.3 months into the calc, it puts the break-even at 100 days. Any later than that and it's not going to happen, unless the difficulty increases slow down, which is unlikely.

0.3 months is ~9 days. I'm not sure what the shipping status is of the Jupiters or how long they'll take to get from Sweden to the hosting facility, but I suspect it will be longer. Also, using a pool other than BTC Guild which takes 3% (and has too much hashing power for my taste) might help a little bit, but not much.

I'm bullish on BTC though, so I suspect (hope) we'll make back our dollar investment, just not our BTC one.

Mining is a hobby that _costs_ money at the moment. Hopefully most people on this sub will have done enough research to determine that for themselves.

This is still a bit of a crystal ball prediction.  It looks like the skyrocketing difficulty increases have slowed down a bit, but it's unknown if that'll continue or not.  Also, it wasn't that long ago people were saying BTC vs USD was crashing, then it jumped up $100 in a matter of days.  Who woulda guessed?

If nothing else, I *think* this is, or at least was when we placed our orders, the best price/GH ratio, so if we don't get recoup our costs here, we wouldn't have anywhere.  Not that that's any consolation..

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
gh2k

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:07:42 PM

If nothing else, I *think* this is, or at least was when we placed our orders, the best price/GH ratio, so if we don't get recoup our costs here, we wouldn't have anywhere.  Not that that's any consolation..

I completely agree. :-) And mining is fun, so I'm happy to do it as a hobby for a small loss.

Although if we were to sell the miner for 50% of the cost when done with it, it makes the (yes, likely very innacurate) predictions more palatable. Break-even could be achieved in under 90 days if we started mining 1 month from now. Assuming same values as before otherwise. But you're right, nobody knows what the difficulty is actually going to do.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:12:28 AM

Hey,

Any update? Do you already have R15, when will it start hashing?

gh2k

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 11:56:45 AM

Hey,

Any update? Do you already have R15, when will it start hashing?

According to kncminer, they are supposed to start shipping today. I don't know how far along the queue we are, but hopefully it will ship within the next few days.

I'd like to know how long it took for the last Jupiter to go from shipping to delivery.
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:07:50 PM

According to kncminer, they are supposed to start shipping today. I don't know how far along the queue we are, but hopefully it will ship within the next few days.

I'd like to know how long it took for the last Jupiter to go from shipping to delivery.

From a different groupbuy I was involved in, the last batch was about five days from being marked "shipped" to actually showing up on the host's doorstep. Now, how long it will take to get through the order queue and when this GB's order will be marked as shipped I can't say, but that's how the timing worked out last time around.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:12:33 PM

Ok so we are looking forward for next update. I hope next week hashing will start.

BorisAlt

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:38:57 PM

An update on shipping/hashing start date would be lovely. Also, would like to finally see my precious 2 shares against payout address posted in a normal DZC spreadsheet Cheesy

madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:41:42 PM

Boris the latest KNC blog post indicated a delay of several days for parts they needed to get to them, so its going to be another week or two.
BorisAlt

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:47:43 PM

Hmm, I thought it applied to R16 which was ordered after R15 was confirmed. But thanks for the reply.

Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:18:43 PM

Boris the latest KNC blog post indicated a delay of several days for parts they needed to get to them, so its going to be another week or two.
But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:54:43 PM

I'm order 620. I got an email for a payout address and replied to it, but order still shows no payout address?
gh2k

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 11:30:01 PM

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66

An extra 100Gh/s is pretty cool though
weredo911

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

Is it too late to back out? It looks like we won't ROI with bitcoin at this point. Plus, all this crazy attention is surely going to boost the difficulty like crazy.

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:20:20 AM

Is it too late to back out? It looks like we won't ROI with bitcoin at this point. Plus, all this crazy attention is surely going to boost the difficulty like crazy.

Seriously?  BTC/USD value has doubled, has difficulty doubled?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mrm0

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:00:11 AM

Seriously?  BTC/USD value has doubled, has difficulty doubled?

M
I think weredo911 meant that positive ROI in BTC will not be achieved. As in '1 BTC invested ->  1+ BTC returned'. Rate of BTC/USD has nothing to do with it, except that hosting (fixed, paid in USD) will be affordable for a bit longer.

1BUcKJVz5n34VwuiyiLtPud1PGn3BLkcPb  :-)
vanycon

Activity: 317
Merit: 252

In Rarity I trust!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:40:38 PM

Any news regarding to shipping?

Aeron 1.250.000 CryptoBonusMiles Giveaway
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500