Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bricked RX 580 pulse 8gb  (Read 416 times)
Doria (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

Guys i need help.
I have a Rx 580 pulse 8gb with hynix memory. I flashed a bios through ATIFlash and something went wrong. When i rebooted windows i could not open ATIFlash anymore because it says it cannot read ROM. Going on Devices section this is what i see (image taken from internet so it is in english):
https://i.imgur.com/WIdzX1s.png
The gpu turns on as pc does but fan never stop spinning.

I tryed to use ATI Pixel Clock Patcher but didn?t work. The i tryed to use DDU on safe mode and i unistalled AMD Drivers (i think). So after rebooting in normal mode i downloaded last amd driver from adm website and tryed to install them. At the end of installation process a window show saying that the system could not recognize the hardware (error 182). The gpu didn?t change and it?s still not recognized.
Did i bricked it? Is there a way to solve this problem?
Thank you

Doria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:47:47 AM

a quick google search for this term:   how to recover a bricked rx580 flash

brought up this top result: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/i-bricked-my-msi-rx580-gaming-x-gpu-but-not-anymore.234724/

check for more if it doesnt work, but this looks like it may help you.

Step one;  get an original copy of your BIOS (you backed it up before flashing riiiiight?Huh??)

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:47:39 AM

As long as your card appears in the device manager even as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, don't worry, your card still fine.

How you mod your card bios?
I suspecting you are using downloaded bios mod. Try to switch your bios to the stock mode using bios switching panel (located in upside near display port). Then try to boot your system, if your card appears on device manager, then update the driver.

Next, you can re-flashing you bios card through AtiFlash, but make sure using own bios mod.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:50:35 AM

If you can see your GPU on device manager you always have a chance to recover your GPU.
I hope you have the orginal BIOS. I always backup orginal bios before modding any GPU.
Try to restore your orginal bios

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:34:12 AM

a quick google search for this term:   how to recover a bricked rx580 flash

brought up this top result: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/i-bricked-my-msi-rx580-gaming-x-gpu-but-not-anymore.234724/

check for more if it doesnt work, but this looks like it may help you.

Step one;  get an original copy of your BIOS (you backed it up before flashing riiiiight?Huh??)

Yes, first thing i did when i started flashing bios was saving original one, thank God.
I've read that post and the others linked inside. I think i have to try to boot with DOS and then try to flash bios.
I've read this one too: http://www.overclock.net/forum/74-graphics-cards-general/593427-how-unbrick-your-bricked-graphics-card-fix-failed-bios-flash.html
Here it doesn't sold the 1 + 8 pins, what do you suggest?
Here it says to sold (or use paperclip) pin 1 + 8 and remove it after the system restarts, so do the flash without the bridge. My system already recognize the GPU, both through windows devices window and "atiflash -i". Should i skip the phase of connecting pin? http://www.overclock.net/forum/74-graphics-cards-general/593427-how-unbrick-your-bricked-graphics-card-fix-failed-bios-flash-24.html#post25463481

Try to switch your bios to the stock mode using bios switching panel (located in upside near display port). Then try to boot your system, if your card appears on device manager, then update the driver.

I don't have the 2 bios switch, Pulse edition only have 1.
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

You have to disable GPU`s BIOS by soldering a wire between two pins on BIOS chip on card before starting machine, and when booted to Windows you have to enable it again, then you can flash orginal BIOS back again and turn off computer and remove soldered wire. Then start it again and it should be normal.

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:47:33 AM

You have to disable GPU`s BIOS by soldering a wire between two pins on BIOS chip on card before starting machine, and when booted to Windows you have to enable it again, then you can flash orginal BIOS back again and turn off computer and remove soldered wire. Then start it again and it should be normal.

So you say:
1) Sold pin on BIOS chip;
2) Turn windows on (i've read Dos is better, should i use it?);
3) Flash the original bios;
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:23:30 PM

Ouw sorry, I don't have a pulse series. I thought that same as other RX.

So you say:
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

If your card still on warranty, RMA would be better, if not you can be tried that method. Someone has tried on this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3077304.msg31852392#msg31852392
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:09:09 PM

So you say:
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

1) Solder wire between pin 1-8 on BIOS chip(suggest that you check your BIOS chip datasheet in case its a different chip, you need to turn CS high(to positive/VCC) in order to disable BIOS);
2) Turn windows on;
3) When windows finished booting, clip of the wire(now the BIOS will be enabled, but GPU will not read content from it)
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
jillscarbrough

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:05:49 PM

1) Solder wire between pin 1-8 on BIOS chip(suggest that you check your BIOS chip datasheet in case its a different chip, you need to turn CS high(to positive/VCC) in order to disable BIOS);
2) Turn windows on;
3) When windows finished booting, clip of the wire(now the BIOS will be enabled, but GPU will not read content from it)
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Have you tried it? Is it worked? Someone in another forum has tried it and worked properly, and another one makes that troubled card smoky.  Cry
Maybe the smoky one doing something wrong on those step, bad soldering or whatever.
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:17:20 PM

I was asking if i should solder the pins because from what i've read for a lot of peole system doesn't recognize GPU at all, but mine does, as i can show u here:
https://imgur.com/a/B2C0A

I'm a bit worried about this precedure tbh.
Thanks

Doria
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

Ouw sorry, I don't have a pulse series. I thought that same as other RX.

So you say:
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

If your card still on warranty, RMA would be better, if not you can be tried that method. Someone has tried on this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3077304.msg31852392#msg31852392
he cant RMA you dumbass, any gpu with a modified bios gets claims denied automatically and then you are SHIT out of luck. tired of people handing out super crap information without knowing shit. anyone with half a brain and has RMA'ed a gpu before knows that you CANT rma a gpu with a modified bios as they check it and will deny your claim, its in there fine print and its also stated before you submit the RMA form. its all there in black and white

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:32:39 PM

So you say:
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

2) Turn windows on;
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

this kind of information while good to know, should never be handed to a noob in which you know not there skill level. all your doing is giving him/her the tools to screw his/her gpu up more than it already is, and not to mention your instructions are very vague that said, id bet he/she would screw it up trying this. your assuming he already knows certain things which by the sounds of it he/she does NOT, he/she isn't going to know what pins 1 or 8 are on the bios chip, then theres the soldering part which being that its a small chip its easy to accidently bridge two pins together being a noob. theres lots of needed information that you DIDNT include, like how to determine which pins are 1 and 8. what an ass move to give someone poorly done instructions that will do nothing more but increase there chance of messing up the gpu more

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:16:48 PM

I was asking if i should solder the pins because from what i've read for a lot of peole system doesn't recognize GPU at all, but mine does, as i can show u here:
https://imgur.com/a/B2C0A

I'm a bit worried about this precedure tbh.

Doria
So you say:
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

Am i right?

2) Turn windows on;
4) Turn off system.
5) unsold.

this kind of information while good to know, should never be handed to a noob in which you know not there skill level. all your doing is giving him/her the tools to screw his/her gpu up more than it already is, and not to mention your instructions are very vague that said, id bet he/she would screw it up trying this. your assuming he already knows certain things which by the sounds of it he/she does NOT, he/she isn't going to know what pins 1 or 8 are on the bios chip, then theres the soldering part which being that its a small chip its easy to accidently bridge two pins together being a noob. theres lots of needed information that you DIDNT include, like how to determine which pins are 1 and 8. what an ass move to give someone poorly done instructions that will do nothing more but increase there chance of messing up the gpu more

I'd obviously read more about this procedure, i wouldn't trust only on this few posts. I know how to recognize pins, by getting the documentation of chip and then understand which side it's the head and which is the tail (little circle on chip). And i wouldn't for sure risk to solder myself since i don't have experience at all.
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:33:49 PM

Soldering pins??  Cheesy No, no, no

Try this:

- use DDU
-enable onboard video as default display output in your mobo bios
-connect only the bricked card to the x16 slot (main pci-e slot of your mobo)
-boot pc
- run cmd as administrator and navigate to your atiflash folder
- from there type
Code:
atiwinflash -f -p 0 yourbiosfile.rom 

Recovered many cards this way.

Good luck!
rikuu

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:48:30 PM

Soldering pins??  Cheesy No, no, no

Try this:

- use DDU
-boot pc
- from there type
Code:

Good luck!

+1

The "-f" option forces flashing. This ignores the "cannot read ROM" error you are getting and performs flashing anyway.
It should work.
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:02:07 PM

I did this a few times with several cards (the asus cards are true crap by the way)
I remember that the sequence was a tad different and i soldered 2 wires on it so that i could redo it again (and i needed to) without shorting anything with a paperclip.

Let me know if it doesnt work; i'll dig into it again how i did it exactly.

Good luck.
Doria (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:31:21 PM

Soldering pins??  Cheesy No, no, no

Try this:

- use DDU
-boot pc
- from there type
Code:

Good luck!

That exactly what i was thinking to do. The only difference is that i think i will you freeDOS instead of windows since a lot of people suggest that.
Just to be sure (don't be angry cvsea) anyone arguing against cvsea procedure?

Thanks to all of you
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:22:29 AM

Get W98 files, HP flash utility, and a flash drive.
Make a bootable W98 recovery disk with the HP tool. Put everything in the flashdisk and flash from there.

This is the standard procedure to flash an ATI card!
There is a link for those tools in several topics in techpowerup and other OC forums.

Or download from my link. Those files are from a pack(techpowerup) to mod the old R9 290....so DONT use the rom inside.
Youll use the HP and W98 files...

https://mega.nz/#!zAR1hDKR!JA3oLOxYfA4UDtG4ijLzYR4FD_Fv9qZozMYyTWoRbng

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
bernike

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:39:52 AM

Don't worry and don't be afraid, I've experienced it before. I also use rx 580 and flashing it with wrong bios and i fixed it. You can search at google " flashing bios rx580 1+8 pin method" , and remember to boot using gpu you want to flash (not iGPU) and you must use cmd dos to run flashing, do not use gui. And most importan thing, you must have rx580 8gb hynix original rom bios, if you don't have it, you can check at : anorak.tech Smiley

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: