Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368034 times)
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:27:42 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 05:22:19 AM by BITMAIN

Company profile

Bitmain is a Chinese IC design company founded in the first quarter of 2013. Before we incorporated recently, the team has been working closely on varies IC projects for years. We specialize in the design of digital signal processing chips, including Bitcoin mining ASICs. We have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen.

About us

Bitmain is a team of technologists, venture capitalist, entrepreneur and Bitcoin enthusiast. Our core members have years of ASIC development experience, and have designed and mass produced several digital signal processing ICs. We aim to strengthen the foundation of the bitcoin market by providing more convenience and profit for miners. Bitmain has not announced before, but there are members who has been long time bitcoiners. We will try our best to quickly deliver innovative and competitive ASIC miner solutions to help the community. The AntMiner Solution is able to provide the most power effective mining solution today, with competitive prices.

We do not agree some business practice in the community, which is intended to distribute the risk and benefit asymmetrically. We are here to change it. No preorders have been accepted, and forever we will not accept pre-order before we feel logically 100% percent sure that we can deliver on time. There will be no unexpected waiting and failed/delayed taping-out or any other kind of delaying risks for our customers. The most risky phase of the AntMiner development has gone, but the first batch production and testing is still full of challenge. We will sell only in stock miners for the first Batch, expected within a week or two.

Product introduction: AntMiner Solution

Now we proudly introduce the AntMiner solutions with BM1380 chip.

According to our initial testing, BM1380 has best power efficiency on today’s Bitcoin mining device market, which draws only 0.68 W/GH/s power at the chip level. Home miners have limited power supply, for example a typical apartment in China has only 30A*220V mains power. The Bitcoin miner in such an apartment can use only 2~4KW power, as the family has to use other equipment (cooking, heating, lighting etc) that uses power. We want to help home miners have TH/s level, which will be helpful for the safety and decentralization of bitcoin network.

1) Chip specs: BM1380
The AntMiner Solution uses a BM1380 hashing chip, which has been developed privately over the past 7 months by Bitmain. Bitmain team has been working on it day and night; some of our engineers got sick several times due to overwork. We combined the wisdom of a mature IC design process with several innovative or even aggressive power saving techniques.

Process Node: 55nm
Package Type: QFN56
Packaged Chip Size: 8 mm x 8 mm
Number of Cores: 8
Die size: 12 mm^2

Core Voltage: 0.75V
Core Frequency:196 MHz
Hash Rate: 1.568 GH/s
Power Consumption: 0.68 J/GH (chip level)

Over clocking performance is still to be tested, before that we need modify our software a little bit.

All the specs announced here are initial results subjecting to future adjustment as we have only get the chips in hands for several hours and this is the results of initial testing.

2) AntMiner S1

AntMiner S1 is a blade style miner. "1" means AntMiner’s Gen-1 chip, and “S” means “Slice”. There are 32 BM1380 chips on a single blade and each blade has 80 ~ 100 GH/s estimated hashing power and consumes 80 ~ 200 Watt power at the wall. It varies as we still need to test the voltage-frequency sets and the different AC/DC efficiency. Two S1 blades can be combined and share a controlling board,

Given the Bitcoin exchange rate equals 300 USD/BTC, 25 BTC per block outout,  0.15$ per kwh electricity, this blade will be profitable to run until the total network hash rate reaches 150 ~ 300PH/s.

Hash rate: 80 ~ 100 GH/s
Power consumption: 80 ~ 200 W on wall
Power supply: 3 +12V DC input
Power efficiency: 1 ~ 2 W/GH/s on wall
Size:  135 mm x 155 mm x 300 mm (Dual blades assembled, with fans or mounting bracket)
Network connection: WIFI / Ethernet Cable
Cooling: 12cm PWM fans and customized heat sank, expected to be very quiet at 25℃ ambient and should be able to test up to 35~40℃ ambient.

Sales

All 1st batch miners will be able to purchase our product at our official online shop once the S1 is in stock and prepared for immediately shipping out. Remember, we sell miners in stock in the first round sale! There will be quantity discounts, and we only need about one week to produce the first batch.

Sample miners will be sent out to honored community members for verification, f you agree to write an independent review for the community, please PM me ASAP. We will select only a few of request and apology advanced to those who are not sent sample. Tracking number will be provided immediately after shipping.

Price is to be determined.We know that this may be the most concerned question by all the community members who reading this announcement, including us. But with the recently exchange rate fluctuation and the uncertainty in first batch, we can only try to announce the price of the unit as soon as possible, but not now.

Chinese users will be able to pay with RMB via our taobao store, or from resellers.

3) AntMiner U1

AntMiner U1 is an USB miner. There is 1 BM1380 chip it, and estimated hashing rate is at least 1.6 GH/s as what we have already realized, and it will consumes about 1.2 Watt power from the USB port. It will be available nearly the same time as S1 miner.

There will be other types of mining rigs using BM1380 chips in the future. We will be developing a 60-chip blade, such as 160 ~ 200 GH/s per blade high density type, or silent type without heat sink.

Payment methods
Currently the official store accepts bitcoin only, however will accept Paypal and credit card in the very near future.

Others

Questions are welcomed.

Any business partnership proposals are welcomed. Our email: info@bitmaintech.com

All the PM will be forwarded and reviewed by two of our core staffs, however we may not promise reply every PM.

Picture show: some pictures we take for community review. I know these are not enough, more pictures and videos will be by provided soon.

AntMiner S1 Dual Blades, 3D model

Chip samples for testing

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:28:26 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2015, 11:06:19 AM by BITMAIN

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BITMAIN creats a new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Bitmain. Antminer, which is valid on June 9th, 2014. This page is controlled by BITMAIN.
While the old one www.facebook.com/pages/Bitmain/602849346422962 is invalid, because it was attacked by bitmaintechs.com, which is scam.
Please note and remind your friends or clients when you read this information, to be carefull to choose the true channels to place the orders.

Facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Bitmaintech.Antminer is reactivated on June 10th, after Facebook finished the investigation of attack, any news will be issued on this page.

BITMAIN
June 10th 2014

FAQ

Will you sell your chips? document, testing chip etc.

Yes, we sell BM1380 chips. Documents, software are being prepared while we are still testing the chip.

Our official Website for buying our products
https://bitmaintech.com

Our github:
https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1

Is 55nm inferior to 28nm process node in the mining competition?

As a miner myself, I won't take the 28nm vs 55nm too seriously. I would only care the price, power efficiency, space density of hashing rate( to save rooms and spaces). Different designers generate different results from the same process node, as Bitfury v.s. Av**n, which is well known about. Bitfury's 55nm chip is even better effective in power consumption than some 28nm chip.

Chip level hashing power density has yet improved nothing in over all hashing power space density to save space. Our 55nm miner will save more space for miners, compared with some 28nm mining rig (We actually have bought one from the second hand market).

We are not saying our 55nm node will win forever, but we are not staying at 55nm forever at the same time.

Is AntMiner a stand alone miner or does it need a computer for running?

Standalone.

Do you ship the power supply with the AntMiner or do I need to buy one for it?

We do NOT ship the power supply, and you need to buy one.

Can I use one power supply for two or more of the AntMiner units or each AntMiner needs one power supply unit to run?

Yes, you can use one power suplly for two or more, but make sure the PSU is not overloaded.

A url for you website?

The online shop is still under construction, It will be bitmaintech.com.

The new batch fan max out at 2300 rpm vs 4500 rpm on the 1st batch?

This is  a bug in the first version of PIC32 firmware. The fan speed is same and the real value should be 2300. However, the PIC32 firmware can't be updated for the first batch of antminer. If you care about this issue, please contact our support team to exchange a control board.

Are there any help documents and what the location?

The materials are uploaded to below path and they have been updated continuously.
https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm

What shipping/courier options do you offer?

UPS is for international shipment by default. DHL, SF Express, Fedex and EMS are also available. UPS and DHL are assigned randomly to deliver, please explain in the postscript if you have any preference on the express.

How many days it will take to my country?

Generally, ship out within 48 hours after full payment and 3-5 days to your place if no customs issues. Please refer to our website for details whether there is special instruction.

What’s the budget of sent to XXX by UPS/DHL/EMS…?

Shipping cost would be provided automatically after the order generated and it’s your duty to pay for customs tax if required.

How can I pay for my order? Is Paypal and credit card acceptable? Or can I pay for it with West Union?

Sorry, currently the official store accepts bitcoins only, we also accept USD wires, please feedback to get USD remittance info when you decide to place the order.

we want that our forwarder pick up the product in your factory, is that possible?

we don’t support picking up on the spot, but we can ship miners to the forwarder's address you offered when you place the order.

What is the city and country that will you ship from?

We’re based in Shenzhen, China.

can you put a lower value on the invoice so I can pay less tax?

sorry, true value will be declared as requested by customs. They are strict with it and may confiscate miners, no one can get it.

Is there any warranty offer for your products?

we offer 90 days warranty after ship out. Please note, if the miner is overlocked, warranty will end immediately.

The fan for S1/S3 is broken, what should I do?

please try to buy one in your local market, it is more faster than RMA and spec is as below:
fan spec:
   voltage: 12V DC
   current: 1.2A (MAX)
   3600rpm
   PWM modulation
   size: 119*119*38(mm)

BITMAIN's official distributors for oversea market (outside of China):
talk ID                                       email box
sushi                                         joshmon@e-mail.ph
topminingcontracts                    jg@112bit.com
yxt                                            yxt@gmx.net
Coupons and warranty validity are on the basis of purchase records, please choose reliable channels to purchase.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:41:54 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 06:52:00 PM by shapemaker

Well, at least if this is a scam, it's better than most.

Care to show a picture of the chip itself?

Sample miners will be sent out to honored community members for verification

I propose Josh Zerlan, he's an ultra reliable backbone of the community here! Grin Roll Eyes

EDIT: Doesn't look like a scam. Goody good, diversification is always a positive thing. Good luck with this endeavour Smiley

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:48:43 AM

What is the FUGLY yellow thing...its blocking my ethernet Jack!  Got it...the Ethernet jack itself.   Wink

The usb hubs seem nice to replace my BE Array.  

Really though only 160-200GH for 400 Watts?  I suppose that is in alignment with a KNC Mercury, but Scalability of hashrate is totally prohibited  If you're announcing this, then my guess is you plan to ETA this sucker before year's end.  (Or hopefully before Month's end)  

Yea I need to see pictures of your computer screen hashing to really take things anymore seriously.  Showing a guy working on boards that do not resemble your 3d models is not exactly proof of anything.

Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:52:28 AM

Looking forward to some trusted forum members doing some reviews.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:58:51 AM

Looking forward to some trusted forum members doing some reviews.

Good luck on that one.  I get it..you need to roll out the marketing so there is a demand for it, but I would instead prefer to see something like Redhash TAV where the product is assembled and ready to sell NOW.  This is different thant project wasp or Klondike How?

For that matter, what's the deal with naming things after insects?  Butterfly, Wasp, Ant, what's next?

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:27:12 AM

Wow,its amazing that these specs sound VERY familiar:

Process Node: 55nm
Package Type: QFN56
Packaged Chip Size: 8 mm x 8 mm
Number of Cores: 8
Die size: 12 mm^2

Core Voltage: 0.75V
Core Frequency:196 MHz
Hash Rate: 1.568 GH/s
Power Consumption: 0.68 J/GH (chip level)

Avalon anyone  Huh  Cheesy

To late either way,28nm is going to drown these  Roll Eyes

My guess of the next ASIC name......................The Dung Fly   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:35:39 AM

yes cool. sorry, but before I sent thousands of dollars to another corner of the world (outside EU), I need to know:

names
phones
addresses
running webpage
some registration ID provided my local government
hi-res photos of working prototype
video of hashing unit
possibility for CC payment

so, please provide me informations mentioned above and maybe I will read OP again.

thanks.
BenTuras

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:53:54 AM

Looks to me he is removing the chip (FPGA?). Look at the board on the right, it's already gone there.
No idea why this picture is added in their sales pitch though.

And given all the hook-ups, it's a test board ?
It sure has a lot of options, given all the dip switches and jumpers.

A unedited video on youtube with cgminer running next to it would help to take away the scam ideas.
For now the nice pictures ... are just nice pictures.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:01:47 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 10:22:54 AM by Beastlymac

I would be happy to verify a prototype to the community. I am also interested if you have a data sheet for the chips and would it be possible to get sample chips for testing a board design? Thanks

Message me if you have any problems
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:04:04 AM

I would love to order some ants from you.
When miners willbe in stock?
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:31:08 AM

look great for chip

BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:46:17 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 11:13:58 AM by BITMAIN

Looks to me he is removing the chip (FPGA?). Look at the board on the right, it's already gone there.
No idea why this picture is added in their sales pitch though.

And given all the hook-ups, it's a test board ?
It sure has a lot of options, given all the dip switches and jumpers.

A unedited video on youtube with cgminer running next to it would help to take away the scam ideas.
For now the nice pictures ... are just nice pictures.

Hi BenTuras, you're right it is the testing board, which is pre-made before engineers get the sample chip. The "chip" is The BM1380 chip, but not a FPGA. The chip has not been printed any logo, but a single dot to mark the sequence of the chip corners, as this is the super urgent job for the packaging factory and we want the most is the speed, so we chose print nothing on chip. The engineer is getting the chip on testing board but removing it.  The other board is another testing board. Chip testing plan needs to prepare several testing boards.

We will provide video tonight or tomorrow night. The last night was the first 12 hours we get the chip, we only be able run it on our own testing program after we solved several problems to see BM1380 functioning all right. And the engineers has very urgent  time schedule to solve additional software problems, and I think only tonight or tomorrow they will have time and patience to cooperate with me, a PR guy who cannot help at all, to take a video~ They all only have slept 2 or 3 hours this afternoon, I guess there will be another through night work tonight. I am trying to provide what the community needs to verify us. And we will release datasheet of our chips soon.

Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

looks great so far! Very interested in further details.

cheers
Foofighter

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
BenTuras

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:23:35 AM

The engineer is getting the chip on testing board but removing it.
Thanks for your answer, please correct the quoted sentence, it's not clear what you mean.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:25:21 AM

Thanks for your answer, please correct the quoted sentence, it's not clear what you mean.
It looks like he means that the engineer is taking the chip off the board as that board in the photo is used for testing the chip.

Message me if you have any problems
BenTuras

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:29:57 AM

It looks like he means that the engineer is taking the chip off the board as that board in the photo is used for testing the chip.
Exactly what I thought, but don't understand why he seems to be correcting me since I also said that the chip is being removed.
A language thing, I am Dutch, he is Asian(?) and we're trying to communicate about electronics Wink

ktzhan

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:46:14 PM

Exactly what I thought, but don't understand why he seems to be correcting me since I also said that the chip is being removed.
A language thing, I am Dutch, he is Asian(?) and we're trying to communicate about electronics Wink

Hello guys,

Frankly speeking, it looks he is welding their chip to testing board...we should encourage such a honest competitor  joining in BTC market.
BenTuras

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:08:34 PM

... it looks he is welding their chip to testing board...

LOL

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:27:36 PM

What mining programs will support your ASIC device?

Have you discussed support from the CGminer or BFGminer devs? Or did you develop a fork of your own? (ala KNC)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: