Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:16:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368069 times)
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:25:30 PM

Another Auction would be nice!

Now members are receiving the units, I posted the "How To Guide" for the AntMiner.  I'm still updating it but here you go!

Setup Guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:38:54 PM

How about another auction, is there any more in planning in the next few days bitmain?

How about waiting for more senior members who won auctions to verify hardware, and maybe info on usbs considering there is a group buy waiting to happen.  Just saying, seems like everyone is quick to get these auctions underway and get cash flowing but the information is sparse and lacking. 
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

IMHO, you are choking your own neck...  

Sooner you get the miners, more bitcoins in your pocket.  

Difficulties are to go up again sometimes this week  Cry Cry Cry

At least one of the winners from the 1st auction is reporting that he/she received the units.  (Looks like 2 of them and he/she will mine 2 full Bitcoin this week)

How about waiting for more senior members who won auctions to verify hardware, and maybe info on usbs considering there is a group buy waiting to happen.  Just saying, seems like everyone is quick to get these auctions underway and get cash flowing but the information is sparse and lacking.  

reactor

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:45:00 PM

IMHO, you are choking your own neck...  

Sooner you get the miners, more bitcoins in your pocket.  

Difficulties are to go up again sometimes this week  Cry Cry Cry

At least one of the winners from the 1st auction is reporting that he/she received the units.  (Looks like 2 of them and he/she will mine 2 full Bitcoin this week)

How about waiting for more senior members who won auctions to verify hardware, and maybe info on usbs considering there is a group buy waiting to happen.  Just saying, seems like everyone is quick to get these auctions underway and get cash flowing but the information is sparse and lacking.  

I'm sorry, but I finally have to call bullshit on you, sushi.  Convincing people to send over $180k USD worth of BTC for something that is basically prototype hardware while people are sitting on the sidelines ready to place orders for the cheaper, easier-to-produce usb units is astounding.  It wreaks of a giant cash grab and "quick, but now, buy now and get your unit faster, quick, send your btc, we haven't proven anything but send us lots of money".  

Diff is always going up, reliability of a vendor is what is in question right now.  Bitmain was SUPER QUICK to respond on the auction, aka getting money from people, meanwhile people have unanswered questions in this thread going back pages in regards to the other part of the offering, etc.  When a vendor only responds to people looking to hand them money and not to folks doing due-diligence and asking for a proper amount of information it looks shady.  If people lucked out and do get working hardware instead of flooring tiles in their boxes more power to them - what the community is asking for is some sign that Bitmain wants to be a responsible vendor and not another fly-by-night operation.

People get fucked in this community left and right, what people are asking is for proof that Bitmain isn't fucking people.  I guess we have to wait for the folks who paid for prototypes to let us know how things work since Bitmain seems, well, unresponsive.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:18:05 PM

i had win auction on the 1st auctioning. the parcel reach me on Nov 23 pm at china..
here is the parcel pic that  i received from the courier.
I am back home lately on saturday night and after setting up the miner, i did not realize that i forget to take pic for the miner itself. Will post tonight after i take photo on the miner..

Some photographs of the actual miners themselves plugged in and working would be more useful than photos of boxes.
reactor

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:30:18 PM

i had win auction on the 1st auctioning. the parcel reach me on Nov 23 pm at china..
I am back home lately on saturday night and after setting up the miner, i did not realize that i forget to take pic for the miner itself. Will post tonight after i take photo on the miner..

Some photographs of the actual miners themselves plugged in and working would be more useful than photos of boxes.

Honestly, I'm waiting until you (Xian) or yxt can confirm these units are functional, etc.  All I see right now are new members saying their got their boxes but nothing showing them working. 

Hate to be such a sour grape, but I come from a world where you run businesses with a degree of respect for customers and the "flash buy" mentality is a blight to everyone.
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:35:39 PM

How about another auction, is there any more in planning in the next few days bitmain?

How about waiting for more senior members who won auctions to verify hardware, and maybe info on usbs considering there is a group buy waiting to happen.  Just saying, seems like everyone is quick to get these auctions underway and get cash flowing but the information is sparse and lacking. 
Mate, if YOU want waiting, is your free decision. I would like to get another auction and win a piece. Sorry to hear, that you got cheated, but will you now mistrust everybody for the rest of your life? I understand bitmain too. They show off a lot of information, Pictures and so on and it look serious for me. So now is time for sale, and then is no time for post more and more and more infos.

For the worry ppl is easy, just don't buy. For the risky ppl like me want go on and buy. Easy as that. Btw, if he want to cheat ppl and this is just a fraud, he would push and force so many action as he can, and not just 2 limit auction, would you agreed? Everything else make no sense for him, because waiting and don't sale the fakes is senseless.

So it would be nice, if another auction start soon.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:39:20 PM

Honestly, I'm waiting until you (Xian) or yxt can confirm these units are functional, etc.  All I see right now are new members saying their got their boxes but nothing showing them working. 
Hate to be such a sour grape, but I come from a world where you run businesses with a degree of respect for customers and the "flash buy" mentality is a blight to everyone.

Trust me dude, I share your dubiousness. Taking a chance on this, and look forward to posting photos/writing a brief report on my unit if/when it arrives. With any luck, we'll be hearing something from yxt soon as I expect he will receive his in short order. There's enough senior forums people that got these that should hopefully end all this speculation and anxiety pretty soon by posting photos of the real-deal... I hope... Imagine batch 1 stuff should be hitting some senior people as soon as today.
giletto

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:43:35 PM

Here you got...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344948.msg3709114#msg3709114

And btw. xian01, if you share his dubiousness, why you bet in auction? Tongue

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:44:40 PM

Here is some photo for the miners...

reactor

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:52:42 PM

Trust me dude, I share your dubiousness. Taking a chance on this, and look forward to posting photos/writing a brief report on my unit if/when it arrives. With any luck, we'll be hearing something from yxt soon as I expect he will receive his in short order. There's enough senior forums people that got these that should hopefully end all this speculation and anxiety pretty soon by posting photos of the real-deal... I hope... Imagine batch 1 stuff should be hitting some senior people as soon as today.

Fingers crossed for you.  I hope either a) your miner runs beautifully or b) the tiles match your bathroom. Smiley

Honestly though, from the business side it does make me worry that a new vendor is failing on the communication side of things.  It seems like everyone even mentioning the word "usb" in the mining world lately is attaching a huge surplus for the product that puts it past what anyone will reasonably pay (so the unreasonable people will buy them Cheesy), high hopes and lacking communication gets folks nervous.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:57:36 PM

Here you got...

I touched in this in another post; If you want to play the game, you have the spin the wheel. Right about now, the ball is losing momentum, the wheel is starting to slow, and expecting to start seeing the ball bouncing around trying to find a slot any time now, when I receive shipping notification.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:00:57 PM

Here is some photo for the miners...

Kickass ! Thanks dude ! They working out well for you so far ? Performing as expected ? Wireless work OK ?
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:06:09 PM

Here you got...

I touched in this in another post; If you want to play the game, you have the spin the wheel. Right about now, the ball is losing momentum, the wheel is starting to slow, and expecting to start seeing the ball bouncing around trying to find a slot any time now, when I receive shipping notification.

And speaking of spinning the wheel. If this pans out for us "Winners", think how the next auction will play out if there is one.  We may have payed a little much, but what else is there to buy right now. If we recieve functioning miners I predict a super bidding frenzy on next auction. So spin the wheel now and take the big risk or wait and pay 1.5 times or more than we did.

Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
reactor

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:18:09 PM

Here you got...

And speaking of spinning the wheel. If this pans out for us "Winners", think how the next auction will play out if there is one.  We may have payed a little much, but what else is there to buy right now. If we recieve functioning miners I predict a super bidding frenzy on next auction. So spin the wheel now and take the big risk or wait and pay 1.5 times or more than we did.

Regards,

I won't get snarky, but I can pay $3900 and get bitcoin right now as well, no tricky setup, no box-o-tiles risk whatsoever. Smiley  I fully understand the whole risk/reward part of this, from my perspective I'm still the head of a now four-headed hydra who has sunk $15k into BTC and pulled out $16k, so what we have in the system right now is "play money" from profits.  We'd have more to play with, but Capital One Bank is a bunch of ...

What I think folks like myself, phil, and the usb group buy organizer are looking for is a vendor who is as good at communication as they are at making products.  Totally awesome if Bitmain succeeds, but especially in my case where I have to justify purchase decisions to three other folks the lack of communication and auction, frenzy-style intro to the market doesn't build confidence. 

Excited to see more pics of folks with hashing hardware.  More excited when we hear about the usb units. Wink
giletto

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:26:33 PM

Unfortunatelly i guess, there will no more auctions start. I saw today on taobao the bitmain shop price for one unit increase to 20k yuan already, from 15500 2 days ago and 17500 yesterday. I guess the both auction was only a test for place at the right, highest possible price.

4.5k $ or more are to much already, the next difficulty jump will be in 4 day with average 13-15%. To catch the roi or got profit with this machine becomes far more and more..

But i understand bitmain. Just check ebay, the prices are so far from reality or from a possible roi. Incredible, how many ppl with so less math knowledge or understand want join this business now, and push the prices up to the sky...

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:43:54 PM

Here you got...

Regards,

I won't get snarky, but I can pay $3900 and get bitcoin right now as well, no tricky setup, no box-o-tiles risk whatsoever. Smiley  I fully understand the whole risk/reward part of this, from my perspective I'm still the head of a now four-headed hydra who has sunk $15k into BTC and pulled out $16k, so what we have in the system right now is "play money" from profits.  We'd have more to play with, but Capital One Bank is a bunch of ...

What I think folks like myself, phil, and the usb group buy organizer are looking for is a vendor who is as good at communication as they are at making products.  Totally awesome if Bitmain succeeds, but especially in my case where I have to justify purchase decisions to three other folks the lack of communication and auction, frenzy-style intro to the market doesn't build confidence.  

Excited to see more pics of folks with hashing hardware.  More excited when we hear about the usb units. Wink

I understand where you are coming from completely. If I was involved in the USB purchase I would be plenty pissed at the lack of communication.

I have a little more at risk than just the coin sent.  I am trying to get a  friend of mine involved in the BTC game. He has seen all my records of money out and income in. I trade 1/3, I put 1/3 aside for hardware and I hoard 1/3. Because of the rise in BTC It has served me surprisingly well.

My friend has way more money than I do and I tried to convince him just to buy hold or trade but he wanted some hardware. He was ready to plop 30k down on e-bay but I stopped him. I found that last auction and joined in to give him the miner for USD equivalent. If I get a box of tile they dont have to match anything. I will lay them right in the middle of the biggest room as a daily reminder of the dangers of impulse buying without much research.

This is a no risk event for my friend, I tried to reach him on the phone before the action and could not reach him until after it was over.  If its a scam or junk I will eat it.

Best of luck to all purchasers from this vendor.

Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:55:17 PM

I don't think you guys will get the box of bricks or tiles...  Lets wait and see.  I know it's hard to judge people from just the look, but everyone I met at Bitmain Tech, they seemed very honest and hard working people.  They also had extensive professional experiences fit perfect for what they are doing.

I would feel awful if you do get the box of brick as I did the 3rd party review

cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:23:23 PM

I don't think you guys will get the box of bricks or tiles...  Lets wait and see.  I know it's hard to judge people from just the look, but everyone I met at Bitmain Tech, they seemed very honest and hard working people.  They also had extensive professional experiences fit perfect for what they are doing.

I would feel awful if you do get the box of brick as I did the 3rd party review

Somehow that can manage to hold auctions but not replying to a distributor's (me. I am confirmed by them an official reseller) pm. We are getting quite frustrated to be honest!

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:28:37 PM

For those of you who won the auction, I made the setup guide with photos and screenshots.  I will upload the video version as soon as possible.

Setup Guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0

They might be busy running the auction and taking care of the after effect...  Based on other posts, they are communicating with the paid customers and taking care of the tech support side.  (One incident seemed the user's error caused the unit to go brick but the posting shows, Bitmain is sending the replacement unit for the customer.)  This shows a good customer service practice  Cheesy

I would say, if they have confirmed you are the official reseller, wait for them to contact you back for a few more days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: