Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open questions to Jered and Alan of Tradehill  (Read 4872 times)
Smalleyster (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 11:09:36 PM

Gentlemen,

1) Can I mail you a check drawn on a US bank and you deposit it to my TH account after it clears?

2) Will you mail me a check up to and including my entire USD amount in my acount with you whenever I ask?

I admit being very nervous about any ACH transaction options both in and out of your firm, but I feel you have been upstanding citizens in how you have handled yourselves over the past few days and really want to find a way to keep doing business with you that does not; 1) cost me an arm and a leg and 2) expose me to identity theft.

I sincerely hope that you give me two yesses quickly.

Thank you.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CubedRoot

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 11:31:05 PM

Im going to add mine in here as well:

Tradehill: Will you reconsider your decision to stop allowing Withdrawals from Tradehill using Dwolla?   Dwolla withdrawals dont expose you to fraud in the same manner as Dwolla deposits to Tradehill.
My reasoning is money savings. 
Like I have mentioned in other threads, to use Paxum to get my USD from my Tradehill account to my bank account will cost me a total of $6 in fees.  If I used Dwolla to get my funds from Tradehill to my bank I only paid a total of $.50 in fees.
I also absolutely hate having to pretty much hand over all of my personal information over to Paxum in order to comply with their TOS. I dont trust ANY web service with a photocopy of my passport or Drivers License, not to mention having to send them a photocopy of a utility bill.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 11:59:53 PM

Tradehill: Will you reconsider your decision to stop allowing Withdrawals from Tradehill using Dwolla?   Dwolla withdrawals dont expose you to fraud in the same manner as Dwolla deposits to Tradehill.
They do expose TradeHill to precisely the same fraud. You ask for $1,000 through Dwolla. TradeHill send the $1,000 to Dwolla. Dwolla refuses to transfer the money to you claiming TradeHill has a negative balance with them because two other transactions from last month were just reversed. TradeHill cannot send a single dollar to Dwolla until Dwolla reimburses them the money they are owed and commits to no future chargebacks based on past transactions.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
sequence

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:08:36 AM

Joelkatz.. I have learnt a lot on these forums just with your input alone . Thank you!
Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 12:35:02 AM

Joelkatz.. I have learnt a lot on these forums just with your input alone . Thank you!

+1!

A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:11:16 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2011, 08:00:06 AM by Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Hi Folks,

We cannot keep any money with Dwolla for the reasons stated By Joel.

We wish there was a good way to quickly move funds in and out of exchanges. Dwolla looked like the solution but now it’s apparent that 25 cents per transaction is insufficient to buy merchants fraud protection. Noting also that fraud by reversible transactions was not the only data errors we found; i.e. transactions vanishing from statements and more without notice.

Regarding checks by mail - we could do this if the amount was large enough like 5 or 10k.

Email me at adam@tradehill.com and we can make arrangements.

Thanks,
Adam

Edit by Jered: See below, we will send out checks for much smaller amounts and are looking in to accepting incoming checks.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 01:24:25 AM

Hi Folks,

We wish there was a good way to quickly move funds in and out of exchanges. Dwolla looked like the solution but now it’s apparent that 25 cents per transaction is insufficient to buy merchants fraud protection. Noting also that fraud by reversible transactions was not the only data errors we found; i.e. transactions vanishing from statements and more without notice.

Regarding checks by mail - we could do this if the amount was large enough like 5 or 10k.

Thanks,
Adam

Ouch! Wrong answer. Best of luck to you both. Cashing out now, sadly.

Mt.Fun

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:15:02 AM

I also absolutely hate having to pretty much hand over all of my personal information over to Paxum in order to comply with their TOS. I dont trust ANY web service with a photocopy of my passport or Drivers License, not to mention having to send them a photocopy of a utility bill.

There are active fraudsters out there. Asking for your information.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:25:56 AM

Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Adam

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

There are two transactions here.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything in the future.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:30:18 AM

Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Adam

Smalleyster,

I've been traveling and out of the loop so I need to apologize for that. I handle most of the payment options and Adam was filling in while I was at 30,000ft.

1) Checks out replacing Dwolla out. We can certainly send a check. We will send it for free as well. I will ask the bank if there is an easy way we can do this by submitting a CSV etc or another option. If there isn't an easy way to do this then I will sit down and write check after check personally until my fingers are blistered. Once again, free of charge.

2) Checks in. I've been looking in to options for receiving checks but it needs to be 100% free of chargebacks on our end and affordable. I beleive that I've found a solution and hopefully will have an announcement in a few days.

We will 100% write you a check to pull out funds you would have normally removed via Dwolla. Free.
If we can accept checks in we will, we'll evaluate it at first and then keep it if it's a viable option.

Smalleyster, sometimes you hate us, sometimes you love us but you're always honest, non biased and provide excellent feedback. We enjoy having you on these boards regardless if you stay a TradeHill customer or not. We would prefer that you do and are willing to work with everyone to find the best way to get funds in and out until everyone is using Bitcoin and we don't need an exchange.

Regards,
Jered

Nice.  I got a few hundred in there still and i'll keep it in, cause I wanna support you guys.
Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 03:43:51 AM

Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Adam

Smalleyster,

Regards,
Jered

Much better answer, too bad you hit send to the first one as I have cashed out my meager ammount in btc. Thank you for sending it within minutes. For now I will sit on the sidelines and see what your next moves are and how they work out over the longer haul for your other clients.

Frankly I was utterly stunned at the previous post as I had never dreamed either of you would say something that foolish.

Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

PS: At no time have I "hated you" and I apologize if I have given that impression. If anything there is a PM in your files whereby I spent a *lot* of time and effort attempting to help you assure you would not repeat a small mistake in public again. Thankfully you have not. I deeply respect both of you for not only getting out in public on this dwolla debacle, but also in the way you have done it.

Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:22:33 AM

Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Adam

I just realized this was Adam and not Jered who made this post. My bad for not carefully checking the signature as the post was made under Jered's account and I therefore asumed it was from him.

1) Adam, I strongly suggest you make your own acount and post as yourself.

2) I strongly suggest you check with Jered before hitting send.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:28:34 AM

Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Adam

Smalleyster,

Regards,
Jered

Much better answer, too bad you hit send to the first one as I have cashed out my meager ammount in btc. Thank you for sending it within minutes. For now I will sit on the sidelines and see what your next moves are and how they work out over the longer haul for your other clients.

Frankly I was utterly stunned at the previous post as I had never dreamed either of you would say something that foolish.

Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

PS: At no time have I "hated you" and I apologize if I have given that impression. If anything there is a PM in your files whereby I spent a *lot* of time and effort attempting to help you assure you would not repeat a small mistake in public again. Thankfully you have not. I deeply respect both of you for not only getting out in public on this dwolla debacle, but also in the way you have done it.

Thanks, first off maybe hate was the wrong word. I didn't mean it to be negative just that you've shown a range of emotions when we post back and forth haha.

Feel free to have a seat on the sidelines and watch how it goes. We've got some really amazing things lined up. I think one in particular is going completely change Bitcoin. I don't think it will be long before you're back in the game.

I'm going to look in to the other ACH method you had mentioned and see if we can make it work, thanks again for all the feedback and we'll stay in contact.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:35:22 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2011, 06:48:45 AM by Maged

I just realized this was Adam and not Jered who made this post. My bad for not carefully checking the signature as the post was made under Jered's account and I therefore asumed it was from him.

1) Adam, I strongly suggest you make your own acount and post as yourself.

2) I strongly suggest you check with Jered before hitting send.

He's either made or making a new account now and awaiting whitelisting. No need to share an account.
We try to QC everything that goes out as I've made a few mistakes that could have been easily prevented had I spoken with Adam first.
I was flying and we've spoken at length about this and are going to make it right. Fortunately everyone on the team has their strengths and we balance each other out well. I'd like to introduce more of the team soon so users can "meet" the people replying to their emails.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:36:36 AM

Thanks, first off maybe hate was the wrong word. I didn't mean it to be negative just that you've shown a range of emotions when we post back and forth haha.

Feel free to have a seat on the sidelines and watch how it goes. We've got some really amazing things lined up. I think one in particular is going completely change Bitcoin. I don't think it will be long before you're back in the game.

I'm going to look in to the other ACH method you had mentioned and see if we can make it work, thanks again for all the feedback and we'll stay in contact.

Jered
Believe it or not I am rooting for you all the way because you have shown a level of professionalism that should be both admired and emulated.

C'mon now...knock our socks off!

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:40:41 AM

Jered

Jered - try calling Bank of America and seeing what it takes to get electronically setup as an online bill-pay vendor.  Those payments are cleared in 1 day, and ask about the reversals.  If that looks promising, you'll need to get setup with all the major banks that way.  it will take time, but it's better than processing checks!

Good luck!

Tony

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:45:48 AM

Jered

Jered - try calling Bank of America and seeing what it takes to get electronically setup as an online bill-pay vendor.  Those payments are cleared in 1 day, and ask about the reversals.  If that looks promising, you'll need to get setup with all the major banks that way.  it will take time, but it's better than processing checks!

Good luck!

Tony

It's been a pain dealing with them over the phone so I flew up to talk with them personally. I've got an appointment Monday morning and hope to have a solid answer on this by the end of the day. If it's not ready I'll have an ETA.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Smalleyster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 04:48:24 AM

Jered

Good luck!

Tony

And we can then also walk up to the local counter and deposit cash directly into your acount.

Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:03:25 AM

Jered

Good luck!

Tony

It's been a pain dealing with them over the phone so I flew up to talk with them personally. I've got an appointment Monday morning and hope to have a solid answer on this by the end of the day. If it's not ready I'll have an ETA.

Jered

If you use bank of america cant I theoretically just go to any branch and deposit cash into your account? I thought my girlfriends mom used to do that for her all the time.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 05:23:58 AM

Jered

Good luck!

Tony

Jered

If you use bank of america cant I theoretically just go to any branch and deposit cash into your account? I thought my girlfriends mom used to do that for her all the time.

That would be great if we could get that working. In the past we had to wait a really long time to verify it. When I speak with them on Monday I'll ask if we can fix that. I'm also going to speak with other banks on Monday and if they have a better verification process we'll use them for in person deposits. The idea is agreat and we would love to use it.

moneyandtech.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: