Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can government destroy Bitcoin?  (Read 1705 times)
Bastok

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:00:45 AM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

The government cannot destroy bitcoin immediatly. It is a long process and i think it has 20 % success rate. The government need a concrete evidence to  validate  the reason why they have to destroy bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:14:58 AM

many people and governments want to destroy bitcoin because they see it will destroy the country's currency because of the many restrictions and regulations they make and want to slowly stop it and this will not be easy because I assume that bitcoin is very strong and many countries are using it and up to now not some are harmed even bitcoin brings a lot of cool new winds in industry and business and I hope that the government will soon legalize it Wink
Yes because government has all the power to do anything so I think they can destroy bitcoin whenever they wanted. But imagine government destroying a reasourceful thing like bitcoin. If you really care about the status of your countrymen yoy would not destroy bitcoin because it gives so much opportunity to peoples.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
olatslodi

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:21:13 AM

They can attempt, yet they wont succeed. Bitcoin has a strong foundation and great managing bussiness company. Isn't it easier for the government to make regulations. Luckily bitcoin is working in our country but still there are people making fake news about it. Think always positive everything will be fine and it will bring you a good and positive life without negativity. So just calm and enjoy while working.
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:28:52 AM

Policy and regulations against bitcoin has a major detrimental effect on and on the growth and acceptance of bitcoin.The advantage of bitoin is the decentralized platform.With this in place it will be difficult for  goverment to destroy bitcoin.
jayarbillones

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:33:28 AM

I think they can not disrupt the aspirations of the people because some of the people who have limitations can not find a decent job for them,I also think like that. they can do the destruction of BTC but they will not succeed as they had planned I strongly believe it.I am sure one day all will receive bitcoin and cryptocurrency and the price is increasing every year.
melinda29

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:45:01 AM

The government will not be able to destroy Bitcoin as it will be a very fatal decision for the country and a negative impact if the government should immediately legalize Bitcoin and this will benefit the country and the government will gain much support in developing the country. Use it and until now no one has been harmed even Bitcoin brings a lot of cool new winds in industry and business.
MusicManPL

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:08:09 AM

The government can prohibit the use of bitcoin at the legislative level, but it is impossible to stop the technology itself. The world is globalized so that it can be forbidden everywhere
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:11:17 AM

I do not think the government will destroy bitcoin. This is very difficult.
Governments do not like bitcoin. The reasons for this are obvious. With the Crypto money exchanges, we can transfer money whenever we want. It's cheap, fast and secure. Governments do not like the crypto stock exchange because it is against their interests.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:11:53 AM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

Of course, now a lot of governments have banned bitcoin, but in the future it seems to me all the same time something new, and everything will certainly get better, but depends on the cryptocurrency itself.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:20:44 AM

Bitcoin is an advanced technology that users have tens of millions of people in this World. and it seems that the existence of Bitcoin is felt to threaten FIAT currency exchange rates from several countries, so many countries in the world that prohibits Bitcoin. but I think even though Bitcoin is banned in the country, people will still find a way to play Bitcoin, so the government will not be able to destroy Bitcoin.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:23:35 AM

Of course, the cryptocurrency can be closed at all, but I think it will be unprofitable for others, so it will not be closed at least in the near future. Too important.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:25:12 AM

I don't think they can ever destroy Bitcoin, They have been trying to but no success up to now, they have been doing a black propaganda via the mass media to make Bitcoin look like it is bad, an instrument of evil and all the other bad stuff.    Even after all those efforts Bitcoin remains to be successful since it has a lot of good things to offer the people plus more and more countries are now appreciative and open to using Bitcoin.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
onemancrypto

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 11:35:52 AM

Government can not destroy this crypto World , They will try to change different policy but in the end it will remain same. The main theory of decentralized market is completely contrast to the government of any country . Govt will always think how to take taxation from this system. It is possible , May be both parties will be profitable in a sense. But it is hard task to do. I hope one day both will disperse and become the same. Cryptocurrecny is the future currency.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:36:00 AM

I do not think the government will destroy bitcoin. This is very difficult.
Governments do not like bitcoin. The reasons for this are obvious. With the Crypto money exchanges, we can transfer money whenever we want. It's cheap, fast and secure. Governments do not like the crypto stock exchange because it is against their interests.
I strongly agree with you there. Since bitcoin industry is easy, quick and accessible transaction, it poses a threat to the government's interest so there's quite a push on why would they attemp to do such thing.. but i dont think they can succeed in that.
loews

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

Maintaining cryptocurrency lawful actually is a race versus the clock now. Its expanding appeal offers contrasting pressures by at the same time alarming the regulatory authorities and also mainstream it. The last victories just to the degree the previous could be limited.

Abiding by federal government regulatory authorities' policies it might get rid of plausible reasons from their ornate toolbox which might aid for an extremely valuable time. A lot more essential are mainstreaming cryptocurrency prior to regulatory authorities could close it down as lawfully paying off political leaders with Bitcoin with earnings from the cryptocurrency market
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:41:38 AM

no, no government or any alliance of governments can destroy Bitcoin - that's the beauty of it.
Freyya08

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:42:08 AM

I don’t think government can destroy bitcoin because for one, bitcoin follows a decentralized system meaning no one can take control of it even the government. So with that alone, i don’t see any possibility for government to be able to destroy bitcoin.

adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:57:49 AM

for me Definitely NO. Bitcoin is like a drugs. Although our government is fighting on drugs, they can't kill all users of it. Like in bitcoin,,The simple reason that they won't succeed is that bitcoin is a centralized coin. So with the availability of internet service,they can ban bitcoin transaction in their countries. I think, The government should accepts bitcoin. it is the future.
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

If governments of all countries in the world would probably be able if they wanted to destroy bitcoin. Because if they propose like a strike against bitcoin it will destroy the bitcoin.
Rosscy

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:23:39 PM

The government can allow the digital currency to exist peacefully, and not accept it as a means of payment, I think that's what needs to be done. However, my guess is sooner or later the government will arrange to not exist.

The potential for government regulation is very real, in line with some countries that have restricted access to exchange of bitcoins and other digital currencies.

But I think if bitcoin enthusiasts are still a lot in a country, I think the government will be difficult to stop it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: