Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Happy with BTC-e  (Read 1465 times)
coreli

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:22:23 AM

Well I'm a newbie and I asked 2 of my friends which wallet should I get.
One of them recommended me Coinbase and the other said BTC-E. Not sure which one should I go for. This thread kind of puts me off BTC-e.

I'm sorry for the OP but BTC-E being the exchange it is must take certain precautions when dealing with a money wire. OP it is not uncommon for people to wait 3 + weeks for a money wire to clear. Understandably 3 weeks in this game is not fair, things can change quickly. Maybe try another method to credit your account.
Crusher

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:02:33 AM

One of them recommended me Coinbase and the other said BTC-E. Not sure which one should I go for. This thread kind of puts me off BTC-e.
which wallet? get a real wallet. those are 3rd party services, meaning you dont control your coins. i'd take btc-e over coinbase any day of the week, though, as far as exchanges go. but do yourself a favor -- look into bitcoin qt, electrum or multibit wallets, make sure your comp is clean and encrypt them. if you will use an online wallet, at least use blockchain.info and be safe about it.

Sorry I'm just a newbie and didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So if I'm getting it right, our coins are only completely safe when we have them offline? So I shouldn't use BTC-e and Coinbase for storage?
Multibit looks like an easier option among the 3 you listed. I'll get right into it.
meatcylinder

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:27:43 AM

Hmm, this is good to know. I just joined Coinbase a little over a week ago, originally to buy and transfer bitcoins from there to BTC-E,  and was hoping to get in on the massive TURD DUMP when BTC went from $340ish straight down to $260. I had already bought my first BTC from there... 10btc @ $324usd... and the next day... DUMP! At first i freaked out a little, but then quickly realized i could buy cheap! Shocked So i hit the buy button for another 10btc @ $260 and it said i could not buy more until my first transaction was complete in a week!!!! Gahhhhh  Cry Oh well, you snooze you lose. 

Hello Bitcoin world. This is my first post.

-Meat
tlielaxu (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:44:57 PM

I'm sorry for the OP but BTC-E being the exchange it is must take certain precautions when dealing with a money wire. OP it is not uncommon for people to wait 3 + weeks for a money wire to clear. Understandably 3 weeks in this game is not fair, things can change quickly. Maybe try another method to credit your account.

That's understandable, I can get that they might have a backlog, but it's just that they never actually tell you what's going on. That's the main reason people are frustrated. They might consider saying something like "We're a bit backed up on releasing money holds on accounts that had recent wire transfers"... They could go a step further and update their website with that info. Instead support forces you to constantly ask what's going on and they never actually answer. This also seems to be a new problem as I hadn't heard of anyone having this issue until recently or I wouldn't have wired them anything. I think they would cut their ticket load in half if they said something useful.
bitguy101

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Top rated eBay seller. cflow01/thecryptostore2013

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:05:16 AM

That's understandable, I can get that they might have a backlog, but it's just that they never actually tell you what's going on. That's the main reason people are frustrated. They might consider saying something like "We're a bit backed up on releasing money holds on accounts that had recent wire transfers"... They could go a step further and update their website with that info. Instead support forces you to constantly ask what's going on and they never actually answer. This also seems to be a new problem as I hadn't heard of anyone having this issue until recently or I wouldn't have wired them anything. I think they would cut their ticket load in half if they said something useful.

Yeah, they are terrible. They should update the site or their replies at least.I am sure everyone, like myself are hitting them with multiple requests every day.Fact is, already had sent in the Id docs with the first wire a couple weeks prior and they cleared the money hold in 12 hrs.
Does anyone know if they put this "hold" on withdrawal every time you do a wire in? They are quick to credit the money in so you can spend it, problem is drawing out even coins then. If so, will have to withdraw the bal low each time prior to additional wires.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: