Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:31:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICminer Cube group buy #9 (Accepting orders)  (Read 22537 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:27:24 AM

with a pool or local stratum proxy? try 2nd

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Sicks3144

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

Running 1 cube with a proxy and a Corsair CX750M - works as expected in both low and high clock modes.
wedgy2k

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:22:48 AM

Just to let everyone know, shipment 3 has been sent out today and should be with with everyone tomorrow by 1PM.

Brilliant - thank you, just bribing my son to stay in until 1pm......

Bloody son didn't stay in  Angry (I'm obviously the worst parent ever if he does not understand the way of BTC)
I have the postie card of disappointment through the door, so i'll go and join the long XMAS POST OFFICE collection queues tomorrow
But as always arrives when OC3 says its going to,
Thank you

New cube up and running, Thank you OC3.
After joining a rainy, long queue outside the postoffice this morning @ 6.55 lol

Side note
Had to dismantle and assemble this one as there were 2 heatsink screws in the bottom of the box and the cards were not lined in their grooves (Flapping about) Took 10 mins and all good now.

I may even try HelldiverUK's fan upgrade.

When will you have shipment 4 and hopefully new price please?

Thanks again

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:29:15 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 11:50:38 AM by s1lverbox

with a pool or local stratum proxy? try 2nd

I use netbook as back up for proxy, but as first i used stratum.undersiders.com
I did check today and one cube is very unstable:

One cube is on high and one on low clock at this moment.
But all night one cube on high clocks dosnt keep up with other.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:39:45 PM

After an afternoon of troubleshooting, I'm confident that one Blade in my Cube is faulty.   With 5 Blades fitted it's running fine off my CX750.  The faulty Blade prevents the Cube booting up when it's plugged in on it's own, so I'm pretty sure it's the suspect.

Just waiting on yxt to get me a replacement Blade sorted...

I've also found that the Cube seems MUCH happier when proxying through Slush's proxy, rather than through BFGMiner.  The V1 Blades are the opposite.  I've not got the Blades proxied through BFG and the Cube through Slush's proxy (both running on the same machine).
big kid

Activity: 328
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:11:34 PM

Got my cube Friday thanks OC!

Only just had chance to plug it in and play, got a worrying large spark from inside when first powering on using a corsair 750 power supply, but have it all setup now and reporting 48Ghs at BTC Guild on high mode but in the web interface of the cube it reads 30Ghs.

Looking good so far anyway.

Thanks.
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:31:47 PM

And now another Blade is showing half X's.  Another PSU on order.  Roll Eyes  Mining at an awesome 27GH in High.   Undecided
crhys

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Foundation Member

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:24:17 PM

Hi OC,

Any ideas on stock timescale for Round 4 and if the price will be adjusted ?

I have btc to add another 2 or 3 cubes, just wanted to know more info before placing another order.

Thanks

16JZWC433XRxjWwR7X65uxRVFdLTmoPr4t
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:32:28 PM

Hi OC,

Any ideas on stock timescale for Round 4 and if the price will be adjusted ?

I have btc to add another 2 or 3 cubes, just wanted to know more info before placing another order.

Thanks

Good question. I will watch this and will buy another cube or two.
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:36:27 PM

sweet got it today. running on a corsair cx500 psu

I got my 2 cubes, and i did made quick setup.
I have corsair 750cx and my cubes running below 30Gh/s on high clock.
Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.
Anyone else have same issue with corsair?

Same issue here with corsair. test 1 cube on its own see if it runs overclocked..

Mine isn't running at all well with my CX750 either.

I've ordered a cheap OCZ 600W and I'll see how it goes - I had great service from really ultra-cheap 500W OCZ when I was running lots of GPUs.
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:34:33 AM

sweet got it today. running on a corsair cx500 psu

I got my 2 cubes, and i did made quick setup.
I have corsair 750cx and my cubes running below 30Gh/s on high clock.
Any ideas?
I suspect to small PSU.
But cannot be shure.
Anyone else have same issue with corsair?

Same issue here with corsair. test 1 cube on its own see if it runs overclocked..

I've ordered a cheap OCZ 600W and I'll see how it goes - I had great service from really ultra-cheap 500W OCZ when I was running lots of GPUs.

I have over 20 Cubes running on the CX750 in overclock mode with no issues.  In fact, they are all running in a 3 Cube, 2 PSU configuration in overclock.  I doubt the PSU is to blame.

I have run into issues with CPU/network bandwidth throttling hashrate, but this was with 10+ Cubes on one RaspPi/PoE router. 
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:12:05 PM

I have over 20 Cubes running on the CX750 in overclock mode with no issues.  In fact, they are all running in a 3 Cube, 2 PSU configuration in overclock.  I doubt the PSU is to blame.

Well, guess what?  It was the CX750.  Tongue

Cube runs perfectly on the OCZ 600W.  Just a few hashes shy of 38GH for the last 8-9 hours.  I've also discovered the Cubes work better though Slush's proxy than through BFG's proxy.  

The PSU I bought is as follows:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GLFD54/ - £54.99

WAY cheaper than the Corsair, and it works. Cheesy

The CX750 is back to it's normal job of powering my two Blades, 2 Jalapenos, USB hub, fans and various USB miners.
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:57:33 AM

Cube runs perfectly on the OCZ 600W.  Just a few hashes shy of 38GH for the last 8-9 hours.  I've also discovered the Cubes work better though Slush's proxy than through BFG's proxy.  

The CX750 is back to it's normal job of powering my two Blades, 2 Jalapenos, USB hub, fans and various USB miners.

Maybe u got a dud.  The ones I bought at Fry's for $60 work great!   Grin
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:04:57 AM

Yeah, it must be a dud.  That's why it's running all the other stuff with no issues at all.  Roll Eyes   The Cube didn't work with 2 other PSUs as well - a Dell 875W unit and an old transformer-based 30A 12V regulated PSU.
OutCast3k (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:45:37 PM

Yeah, it must be a dud.  That's why it's running all the other stuff with no issues at all.  Roll Eyes   The Cube didn't work with 2 other PSUs as well - a Dell 875W unit and an old transformer-based 30A 12V regulated PSU.

You got everything working now, right?

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:03:47 PM

More or less, the Cube craps out after about 20-24 hours, but a quick hard reboot gets it going again.  I've been mostly away over Christmas, so haven't had a chance to have any more time with the Cube to figure out it's idiosyncrasies.  I'm going to split the load of it between the two supplies I have and see if it stabilises things. Smiley
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:21:09 AM

More or less, the Cube craps out after about 20-24 hours, but a quick hard reboot gets it going again.  I've been mostly away over Christmas, so haven't had a chance to have any more time with the Cube to figure out it's idiosyncrasies.  I'm going to split the load of it between the two supplies I have and see if it stabilises things. Smiley

I did sorted mine cx750 problem...apart that wasnt psu fault.
Simple proxy issue. When i used wifi on laptop to supply work(proxy) for cubes and HTC phone was connected and wifi was on on it all was working below 30Gh/s.
Once laptop is connected to wifi without HTC in the network cubes hashing easily 32-38Gh/s both on same psu.
Temp is on average 40 celsius.

Any one else issue with 2 cubes on one psu?
CroverNo01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:52:02 AM

I did sorted mine cx750 problem...apart that wasnt psu fault.
Simple proxy issue. When i used wifi on laptop to supply work(proxy) for cubes and HTC phone was connected and wifi was on on it all was working below 30Gh/s.
Once laptop is connected to wifi without HTC in the network cubes hashing easily 32-38Gh/s both on same psu.
Temp is on average 40 celsius.

Any one else issue with 2 cubes on one psu?

No joke I had this problem with the HTC phone for weeks and weeks and thought it was so weird every time my girl came over everything crashed I was like maybe they don't like her hahaha but I set up a VLAN for her WIFI only and now not a single problem.

HTC phones use some of the ports that the Proxy uses.
HellDiverUK

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:09:22 PM

I don't own a HTC phone, only a Nexus 4.

Besides, what you're saying doesn't make any sense, unless the HTC phone is broadcasting on 8332.  Why would a phone be broadcasting?   Huh

s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:16:05 PM

I don't own a HTC phone, only a Nexus 4.

Besides, what you're saying doesn't make any sense, unless the HTC phone is broadcasting on 8332.  Why would a phone be broadcasting?   Huh

Dont know. But since my xl is wifi off i have steady 32-35Gh/s on both cubes.
Once htc is on and wifi i shared between laptop and phone, cubes starting jump with hashpower.

In my case i was sceptic about psu, but eventually everything works like should be once mobile phone have wifi turned off.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: