Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin to Correct? Your Comments  (Read 3589 times)
Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:39:47 AM

With this recent spike, do you think BTC is going to crash?
In case you didn't notice, there was a correction along the weekend that took a whooping 48 hours to recover from. Now go see the charts at 47$ back in march and tell me what you see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:39:24 AM

A simple BTC charts tell me a breakout on Apr 2013 levels, which is projected at least double from Apr 2013 high. BTC/USD 500 could be a short term top with most conservative prediction. However breakouts frequently create parabolics which can be translated into four digits in BTC quite possible for the next 6 months or so. One thing people don't understand: BTC charts is unique, it can't be comparable to other charts such as forex charts or indices or even commodities. The difference is all the forex and indices (fiat based) instruments have unlimited supply. Everyone knows what is a stock dilution, when prices go parabolic in stocks or forex demand can be decreased by increased supply.

Now ask yourself: How can BTC supply increase when parabolic-demand occurs? Same analysis is true for crude oil and precious metals also. But BTC gives supply information more clearly than commodities. We know how many BTCs are available to trade. And other imporant point to remember is: BTC prices can't be controlled by paper contracts (gold and silver prices can be manipulated and controlled by paper, yeah futures and options contracts).

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
shizuska

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:12:37 AM

Bitcoin will not drop below 200, mining has to remain profitable.
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:13:46 AM

With this recent spike, do you think BTC is going to crash?

Alessio Rastani: Why Bitcoin will crash to $30

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/business-in-london/investment/alessio-rastani-why-bitcoin-will-crash-to-30/6149.article
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:24:19 AM

Chinese people need money in the coming Spring Festival, arguably the most important holidays in China, I believe most of them will start cashing out in December.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:29:21 AM

Bitcoin will drop hard to the 100's$

Will never happen unless bitcoin is a failed experiment.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:33:53 AM

Seems like he's preaching propaganda.

I still think April was so heavily related to the EU crisis and if speculators truthfully believed they wanted to get coins before people tried to buy coins for the purpose of sheltering their own savings from a bail in...obviously things calmed and a correction ensued.

This time around we have huge amounts of money invested by Bitcoin Trusts, more and more people have realized the bitcoin wasn't created so drug dealers could sell drugs online. The thing that pushes us forwards is more and more business adopting Bitcoin as payment. Even if one day bitcoin becomes the crypto "gold equivalent" and people spend Litecoin on a daily basis. This stiil achieves the idea that we can buy and sell with out having a fee built in by the banks. Essentially allowing us to do or make more with our wealth.

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:34:10 AM

120-150 is my guess.

People don't understand the concept of profit-taking around here.

People don't understand the concept of logarithms around here.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Loki8

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:56:33 AM

The thing that pushes us forwards is more and more business adopting Bitcoin as payment.

It won't become a real currency when it swings +/-10% in the time it takes to confirm a transaction. Bitcoin is completely useless for commerce as long as it's having days like this, it's a purely speculative instrument, nothing else.
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they mostly stink.
Fair play to Alessio. But he obviously doesn't seem to understand the concept fully.
He repeatedly quotes from other sources who don't seem to understand the concept either. And generally has a pretty scathing/distrusting/traditional investor/old school (world) viewpoint on it. He hardly wrote this piece from an open minded viewpoint.
No, he picked all the ill informed propaganda spewing bitcoin related viewpoints he could and poured hi own cold water on the subject.
Interrestingly the article was written in August of this year. So.. so far he has been the opposite of correct.
I don't discount the posibility that hwat he is predicting could happen one day. It's just that based on my own research, and approaching the subject open mindedly, i completely disagree with him.

The next 24 hours are critical!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

The thing that pushes us forwards is more and more business adopting Bitcoin as payment.

It won't become a real currency when it swings +/-10% in the time it takes to confirm a transaction. Bitcoin is completely useless for commerce as long as it's having days like this, it's a purely speculative instrument, nothing else.

The chance that a micro bitcoin payment is made twice is so remote, that any commercial party will accept the payment merely by it being registered in the network. That happens literally in seconds.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:53:08 PM

At the current rate of drop in money flow, the correction could start in about an hour, maybe less.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:36:11 PM

It might correct to $355, before a gradual rise back to ATH and then a breakout. Like so:

Loki8

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

The chance that a micro bitcoin payment is made twice is so remote, that any commercial party will accept the payment merely by it being registered in the network. That happens literally in seconds.

You don't understand or you don't want to understand.

A currency has to be stable enough to be effective. Bitcoin is volatile and it's a bad thing for businesses who sell goods and services.

The volatility is doing a lot of harm to bitcoin adoption by vendors.

The transactions have dropped off significantly:
https://coinbase.com/charts
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:18:10 PM

120-150 is my guess.

Do you care to explain to simple minded like me?  Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 03:21:05 PM

120-150 is my guess.

thing is there has been and continues to be plenty of growth, the  market can absorb the  profit taking...

a good way to take some profits would be to take a trip to china and do lots of shopping  Cheesy

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:24:01 PM

A currency has to be stable enough to be effective. Bitcoin is volatile and it's a bad thing for businesses who sell goods and services.

You dont read or do not want to read.

My post only relates to the point of confirmation time. Nothing said about volatility. The volatility will vanish once more people adopt Bitcoin.

notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:44:07 PM

You dont read or do not want to read.

My post only relates to the point of confirmation time. Nothing said about volatility. The volatility will vanish once more people adopt Bitcoin.

27 yoday btc is more then 37btc 2 month ago.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:05:01 PM

At the current rate of drop in money flow, the correction could start in about an hour, maybe less.

You really need to work on your timing. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

Chinese people need money in the coming Spring Festival, arguably the most important holidays in China, I believe most of them will start cashing out in December.
I think I heard that yesterday was China's big online shopping day. Bigger than black Friday and cyber Monday put together. I wonder how many bought with bitcoin?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: