Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: safe way to store tokens, eth and btc.  (Read 418 times)
nextpakk
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

Maybe consider splitting your crypto. Convert 80-90% to stable fiat and keep the remaining available in a trusted exchange to quickly take advantage of any opportunity that may present itself.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rommel24

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:47:16 AM

What you are looking for is hardware wallet like Keepkey, Ledger or Trezor. It is dedicated hardware wallet where you have to confirm any transfer of coins. The point is the private key can never leave the hardware wallet, it just sign transactions which you have manually confirm on its display where the coins going to be send.
absolutely i will agree with your opinion,that if you doubt to ether wallet(store your coin), you must transfer to another wallet  like ledger or trezor,aside from that being alertness and awarness during transaction it should be ,to avoid also from mistake during process,
nill714

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:29:36 PM

I heard bad news from one of my friends, he is a bounty who has had a pretty good income. recently he lost the token bounty and also eth that he has in his wallet and estimated the amount is very large. I am afraid that I will experience also, what to do for token, ETH and also we can not be stolen by others, can you seniors provide the best solution for me and also my friend. what type of wallet do you use to store your eth and btc safe?
Its imposible to hack any token from mew or other decentrillized plartform .If you click any phising site or link and provide your key you must lost your token otherwise its impossible.I am using myetherwallet for eth and eth based any token and alwayes try keep my key in a safe place in my laptop
paiinfo

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:55:35 AM

This topic entitled "Trust No One" gives some helpful information on how to keep your cryptocurrency secure : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0. If you don't want to read through that whole topic, the title is a nice summary of the content.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:26:50 AM

I heard bad news from one of my friends, he is a bounty who has had a pretty good income. recently he lost the token bounty and also eth that he has in his wallet and estimated the amount is very large. I am afraid that I will experience also, what to do for token, ETH and also we can not be stolen by others, can you seniors provide the best solution for me and also my friend. what type of wallet do you use to store your eth and btc safe?
Nowadays people are worried about safety and security for their wallet and i was lost my 10k$ + when edt dns hack.So i know how much pain when crypto asset lost.So i think you can use hardware wallet but myetherwallet best for anyone and your wallet safe until you click phishing site and give key.I am using myetherwallet for eth and eth based token and coinbase and blockchain for bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
HiRollStaff

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:27:21 AM

I like to do all banking/transactions on a disconnected laptop. It stores everything off line and I don't connect it to a wired internet source until the moment of transfer. Combine that with a good wallet (I use Jaxx) and you're looking at a pretty safe system.
melonbtchunter

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:04:41 AM

The safest way to save your token, ETH, and BTC etc is to keep your Wallet address and password or private key in a secure area. Never share them with anyone, never. Do not even try to put in ETH or btc no exchngr. If they are hacked in any way, then the lost money will never get back and return. So be careful.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:13:29 PM

Use hardware wallet like Nano Ledger S or Trezor to store your coins. If you can't buy a hardware wallet you can use a good desktop wallet like Electrum or Exodus. You can use Myetherwallet for ERC20 tokens and Ethereum. But you have a risk if not keep your private keys carefully.

1. Don't use your private keys to log Myetherwallet (You can log with the keystore file).
2. Bookmark official Myetherwallet website.
3. Don't give your private keys to anywhere like airdrops, Claim tokens etc.

If you need to store NEO based NEP-5 tokens you can use Neon desktop wallet.
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:47:04 PM

It is very often theft if we do not carefully save or put our wallet in a good place, I save my wallet in bittrex market and give 2FA code to increase security.
Taking a coin on the exchange is also a solution, but if the exchange collapsed or hacked, you will also lose. I think using mew as well, use keystore file without using private key easily exposed.
klavuhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:36:35 PM

The best way is  buy hardware wallet. But if you think that online wallet is enough for you, you must be careful. Don't give your private key and log in with it. And always protect your computer from being hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: