Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: .25 BTC Reward Getting Bitfury To Mine  (Read 1844 times)
AMD FTW (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:49:46 AM

I need some helping Getting my Rig up and Running. Whoever helps me to get it up and running first gets the .25 BTC Reward.

What am I doing wrong here?

I downloaded putty.exe so I could ssh into my setup
Then on my laptop I entered login (pi) and the password (raspberry)

I typed (I have almost no idea what this does, found it on Bitfury Miner Support)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.0

cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

I typed the raspberry pi IP into my url and changed the default mining pool, along with my username and password. I hit start mining and the power goes up to 650 watts or so for a minute and then the system shuts down and it is not a cooling or power issue.

How do I get this to mine?

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:58:19 AM

I need some helping Getting my Rig up and Running. Whoever helps me to get it up and running first gets the .25 BTC Reward.

I typed (I have almost no idea what this does, found it on Bitfury Miner Support)

sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

I typed the raspberry pi IP into my url and changed the default mining pool, along with my username and password. I hit start mining and the power goes up to 650 watts or so for a minute and then the system shuts down and it is not a cooling or power issue.

try sudo make clean
Sudo make
Sudo make install
Sudo killall screen
Sudo /etc/rc.local

I have never seen a make build without make install.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 04:24:32 AM

sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

try sudo make clean
Sudo make
Sudo make install
Sudo killall screen
Sudo /etc/rc.local

My img was corrupted too, was yours?

1) Disconnect the pi from the mboard
2) SSH in to the software
3) now copy and paste this into SSH:  
Code:
rm /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; for i in {1..256} ; do echo -e "$i\tAIfDSo\t52" >> /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; done
(this will change your autotuning settings downward to 52 instead of the default 56 [Dave emailed me directly to say that this was the main difference between V2 chainminer and v3 chainminer], that caused my 700W PSU to cut off too, your miner should stay on now)
4) reconnect the PI to the board and try it again.

5) if your Power still cuts off, Take out all boards and begin with half boards...see if it stays on.  If it stays on, let them run for 30 minutes.  After those 30 minutes are up check which cards are still hashing.  Take note of the cards that are turned off.  Now shut of the miner from the web interface, then turn off the miner.  Find the smallest screwdriver in existence (seriously...must be smaller than an eyeglasses repair kit screwdriver) and slightly turn the potentiometer screw located on the bottom right side of the board near the big chip that says pulse - turn it a quarter of a turn counterclockwise (to the left).  Try them again.  

6) repeat step five with all cards until they eventually all stay on.  If you have all cards plugged in and the device still cuts off, then you need a stronger PSU (I went with a 700 W PSU and it seems to be doing the trick)

7) Bonus - Keep your cards firmly placed in the slots, this means don't keep fans right on top of the boards as they could wiggle them and shut off the miner.  

[I mention 7 because to this point ive been getting spotty rates sometimes and I decided to make a small crontab -e job within my chain-miner settings to reset the miner once per hour to avoid random h-cards from turning off but now that I see step 7 since reading the boards today I will do this to prevent the hourly reset that I'm currently doing.]  

Also, do be sure to set the gateway to match your gateway:

Hey guys - I just got word that we sent out your rPi's configured with a weird gateway IP.  This is going to make it hard for your rigs to reach the outside world.

To fix this you'll need to connect direct to your rPi.  Either use keyboard/monitor, or use ssh to connect to it 192.168.1.249 (unless you changed IP).

Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

use arrow keys to get down to

Code:
gateway 192.168.1.3

change this to
Code:
gateway 192.168.1.1
...or whatever your gateway IP is.
type
Code:
ctrl-X[enter]
Yes[enter]
reboot the rPi
Sorry for the trouble!

I had to do this twice because things were configured correctly at work but the home router gateway is a different default than usual and no matter what I did, my units refused to start.  A symptom was that I could ip into my router but I couldnt see the miner from my router within the attached devices section.

AMD FTW (OP)

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:31:43 AM

sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

try sudo make clean
Sudo make
Sudo make install
Sudo killall screen
Sudo /etc/rc.local

My img was corrupted too, was yours?

1) Disconnect the pi from the mboard
2) SSH in to the software
3) now copy and paste this into SSH:  
Code:
rm /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; for i in {1..256} ; do echo -e "$i\tAIfDSo\t52" >> /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; done
(this will change your autotuning settings downward to 52 instead of the default 56 [Dave emailed me directly to say that this was the main difference between V2 chainminer and v3 chainminer], that caused my 700W PSU to cut off too, your miner should stay on now)
4) reconnect the PI to the board and try it again.

5) if your Power still cuts off, Take out all boards and begin with half boards...see if it stays on.  If it stays on, let them run for 30 minutes.  After those 30 minutes are up check which cards are still hashing.  Take note of the cards that are turned off.  Now shut of the miner from the web interface, then turn off the miner.  Find the smallest screwdriver in existence (seriously...must be smaller than an eyeglasses repair kit screwdriver) and slightly turn the potentiometer screw located on the bottom right side of the board near the big chip that says pulse - turn it a quarter of a turn counterclockwise (to the left).  Try them again.  

6) repeat step five with all cards until they eventually all stay on.  If you have all cards plugged in and the device still cuts off, then you need a stronger PSU (I went with a 700 W PSU and it seems to be doing the trick)

7) Bonus - Keep your cards firmly placed in the slots, this means don't keep fans right on top of the boards as they could wiggle them and shut off the miner.  

[I mention 7 because to this point ive been getting spotty rates sometimes and I decided to make a small crontab -e job within my chain-miner settings to reset the miner once per hour to avoid random h-cards from turning off but now that I see step 7 since reading the boards today I will do this to prevent the hourly reset that I'm currently doing.]  

Thanks, I'll try this now. I'm running an 1250w XFX PSU and my room temperature here is around 45 F with window open since its 25F or so here. I'm thinking the autotune feature is probably the issue. It reminds me of a pc when you Overclock it and it posts for about 15 seconds before the whole system locks up and crashes. The crash is when the raspberry pi shuts down and my SSH connection closes.

After I compiled and waited 10 minutes until it finished, I hit the start mining button in my bitfury admin page and it shut down within 30 seconds

pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo make
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c jobconnect.cpp -o jobconnect.o
sudo make install
sudo killall screen
sudo/etc/rc.local
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c handylib.cpp -o handylib.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/strstream:52:0,
                 from handylib.cpp:5:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at lequated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprvalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the fidisable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]
handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::HTTPServer::loadMultipart(std::istream&)’:
handylib.cpp:653:18: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-
handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::Time::scache() const’:
handylib.cpp:2850:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign
handylib.cpp: In function ‘void handylib::tm_loadtzi()’:
handylib.cpp:3048:13: warning: variable ‘tm’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c spidevc.cpp -o spidevc.o
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c miner.cpp -o miner.o
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . jobconnect.o handylib.o spidevc.o miner.o json/libjson.a -o miner
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo killall screen
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo/etc/rc.local
-bash: sudo/etc/rc.local: No such file or directory
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ pi@10-0-0-249:/run/shm$ cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . jobconnect.o handylib.o spidevc.o miner.o json/libjson.a -o miner
-bash: pi@10-0-0-249:/run/shm$: No such file or directorypi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ s

pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo make clean
-bash: pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$: No such file or directory
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ rm -f *.o miner
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo make
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c jobconnect.cpp -o jobconnec
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo killall screen
screen: no process found
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c handylib.cpp -o handylib.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/strstream:52:0,
                 from handylib.cpp:5:
/usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at lequated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprvalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the fidisable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]
handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::HTTPServer::loadMultipart(std::istream&)’:
handylib.cpp:653:18: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-
handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::Time::scache() const’:
handylib.cpp:2850:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign
handylib.cpp: In function ‘void handylib::tm_loadtzi()’:
handylib.cpp:3048:13: warning: variable ‘tm’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/strstr
-bash: In: command not found
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$                  from handylib.cpp:5:
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warncludes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice se a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacementonsult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]
-bash: /usr/include/c++/4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2:: No such file or directory
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::HTTPServeeam&)’:
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp:653:18: warning: comparison between signed anions [-Wsign-compare]
-bash: handylib.cpp:653:18:: command not found
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp: In member function ‘void handylib::Time::sca
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp:2850:25: warning: comparison between signed asions [-Wsign-compare]
-bash: handylib.cpp:2850:25:: command not found
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp: In function ‘void handylib::tm_loadtzi()’:
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ handylib.cpp:3048:13: warning: variable ‘tm’ set but not uable]
-bash: handylib.cpp:3048:13:: command not found
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c spidevc.cpp -o spidevc.o
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . -c miner.cpp -o miner.o
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ g++ -Wall -pthread -O2 -I . jobconnect.o handylib.o spidev -o miner
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo make install
pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo killall screen
> pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$ sudo/etc/rc.local
> -bash: sudo/etc/rc.local: No such file or directory
> pi@10-0-0-249:/opt/bitfury/chainminer$

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:37:13 AM

Ok, it looks like it just runs the make and doesn't need the make install part, I have yet to compile their miner so I wasn't sure. No harm done however.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:28:25 AM

Ok, it looks like it just runs the make and doesn't need the make install part, I have yet to compile their miner so I wasn't sure. No harm done however.

Don't compile it from source.

Use Psftp (acts as FTP over ssh)  find on putty.org

use this post from dave to get a copy of v3 chainminer:

Hi guys - a couple quick notes on some of the themes I've been seeing in emails & forum threads:

-new cards are factory overclocked to .865v.  You shouldn't have to turn them up from there - though you could turn them down if you want.
-a fully overclocked rig will do 575G - 600G with proper cooling.  By proper, I mean use the three fan power headers on the M-board.  Point an additional box fan at it for good measure.  Don't run it in a 90-degree basement Tongue
-if your rig is too hot, you will see cards thermal-cycling.  Hashrate will be good, then drop to zero or very low for a while, then go high, back to zero, etc.

The mining software has been tuned for the V3 rigs.  Basically the speed parameter is turned down from 55 to 52.  Here's a link to the V3 chainminer software:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qtykkb1tyosbykw/CVrcVszQyy

A link to the new image is coming soon - this has the changes Jared made for the network settings and the smart IP assignment bits.

I've disabled store sales - we've still got old-style H-cards and M-boards, as well as V3 stuff, but new prices are coming.  As soon as I put the wraps on the accounting for the last cycle, we'll put up more product at the new (much) lower prices.

The credit card merchant account continues to be "almost activated".  I've been told repeatedly that there are no blocking problems, but the process is slow.  Makes me wish I could use Stripe Sad  I hope to have credit card processing in place prior to opening new store sales.

Thanks for your patience and emails of support!
Regards,
Dave

now using ssh on putty:

Code:
mv /opt/bitfury/chainminer /opt/bitfury/chainminer_oldBkp

login to psftp:

To do this though, you need to have the psftp.exe file someplace like the desktop:  use Start>Run>CMD and cd into the desktop directory or wherever psftp is located:

Use the "put" command after logging in:

Code:
 psftp pi@192.168.1.249

password: raspberry

put *your MS dos path of the folder for v3 chainminer* /opt/bitfury/chaininer

Now the newest copy of chainminer has been placed onto your SD card - Be sure to run the steps of changing your IP address and gateway.  It should be good to go though with the latest copy, no compiling is required.

asc366

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:43:43 AM

Fwiw; ive had my pi shutdown due to faulty powersupply. Pleasy try another or more powerfull one.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:20:34 PM

In case you don't see this in the other two threads I posted it in..

Hrm. This is not exactly how I envisioned this going. This is very frustrating.. my Avalons and KNCminers I was able to setup and get hashing within minutes. Add the assembly time of a full rig, plus the fact they're both not working....

I got two full rigs today. One is running at 225 Gh and the other is running at 0 Gh.

Code:
Rig 1:
Bank 1
1: 33.415GH/s
2: 33.443GH/s
3: 20.702GH/s
4: 21.79GH/s
Bank 2
5: 4.223GH/s
6: 0GH/s
7: 0GH/s
8: 0GH/s
Bank 3
9: 15.677GH/s
10: 10.107GH/s
11: 11.167GH/s
12: 13.758GH/s
Bank 4
13: 9.621GH/s
14: 9.893GH/s
15: 10.165GH/s
16: 20.916GH/s

Rig 2:
Bank 1
1: 0GH/s
2: 0GH/s
3: 0GH/s
4: 0GH/s
Bank 2
5: 0GH/s
6: 0GH/s
7: 0GH/s
8: 0GH/s
Bank 3
9: 0GH/s
10: 0GH/s
11: 0GH/s
12: 0GH/s
Bank 4
13: 0GH/s
14: 0GH/s
15: 0GH/s
16: 0GH/s

I'm certain everything is hooked up correctly. I have checked several times. I tried replacing the PSU and that didn't do anything. I am using a 1200w to run both full rigs. I'm sorry if this is covered... (I'm going to go back and read through this thread now.) Any quick suggestions though? This thread is so long..

I'm not sure if this matters, but it seems the two rigs might have different firmware versions. One says this on the main admin screen the other does not: "Attention! Please set pool difficulty on your pool to 32-512 depending on your hashrate. Low difficulty setting will result in work queue overload, and drop your hashrate substantially. If running a full unit, please make sure all cards are installed in slots written on the back side of the card. Due to SPI bugs, the miner may need to be stopped and restarted using the buttons above."

How I fixed my problems (two rigs stable 473 Gh and 517 Gh- with 1 dead h board on the slower one):

(I don't take credit for these fixes, some of them I found out on my own and some of them I read from other user's experiences.)

I needed to find a way to keep the cards stable, they come with crappy 1x PCI connectors and are really wobbly, especially when being blasted by fans (which is necc. to keep them cool and stable). The movement in the cards was causing the rig to slow down slowly over time until the affected cards eventually ended up at 0 Gh. To fix this I used two rows of electrical tape along the top of the cards to hold them in place better.

Cooling may or may not have been an issue. I added an extra box fan in front (two box fans now) and also two computer fans blowing air down on top of them for added air flow.

I was under the impression that two full rigs would run on one 1200 watt power supply. It turns out that seemed to be overloading the PSU (a nice gold rated ASUS). I ended up using a separate PSU for each rig and that got them both mining. I think this is the main reason why the one was getting 0 Gh and wouldn't mine. As soon as I put it on its own PSU it started working fine.

I put slower H cards in the last slot of each bank to keep them from interfering with other H cards. If you have one bank that is not working but all the rest are, this is likely the issue. If the card in the first slot of each bank is not seated properly, the rest of the bank will not work.

I hope this helps someone and saves them the 16 hours of their life that I just wasted. Now... I wish I would of realized all this before spending all night messing with firmwares... flashing sdcards... installing a different OS... trying BFGminer... trying cgminer... etc. :rolleyes:

My phone messed up while uploading, but a couple pics: http://imgur.com/a/9vDAm#apBFVy5
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: