Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Philippines bitcoin address  (Read 2808 times)
TheNewAnon135246 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:00:58 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2020, 07:07:56 PM by TheNewAnon135246

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of talking about it but nobody is taking any actions, so here is my suggestion. Would you guys be willing to donate if I set up an address? I know I don't have any trust in my account so I understand if people get suspicious.

In that case, is there a trusted member willing to set up the address instead? I really feel the need to do something to help those people out, eventhough we'll end up raising a small amount. There is plenty of wealth on this forum, so it wouldn't hurt to donate a little I guess Tongue.

If we could raise a decent amount, I'll be sure to send an email to several (large) news sites about it. Might be nice to see some positive news about bitcoin for a change!

EDIT:

(+21 Trusted) Hero Member Dabs set up a donation address!

Remember people, even the small donations are really helpfull! This is a great opportunity to help people in need, and show the world that bitcoin is alive!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeyjoe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:18:05 PM

How would you get the money to them?

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
joeyjoe

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:43:36 PM

Just out of curiosity, why can't people do that themselves and then they would get a guaranteed way of donating to them?

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:57:07 PM

Oh, hmmm. Okay, I could do that. I'll make the address in a bit. Like this:

1PH87qAC4LR9y44RZ4v33keXvK5Ky5GY2y

Then I can exchange it either locally, or through the local exchange here (there is a Bitcoin / Philippine Peso exchange here, and they also trade in 8 other fiat currencies.)

Then I send it to my BDO bank account.

Then I forward that to any of the following directly from the bank:

BDO Online Banking may now process your cash donations through BDO Foundation, ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc., GMA Kapuso Foundation, Inc. and Philippine Red Cross.
https://www.mybdo.com.ph/

Of course, anyone can always send a bank wire to these foundations directly.

Someone also mentioned that I should accept donations so that I can fund the logistics and supplies of my unit (labor and manpower is free, goods and medicines are not.) This is something that I could do and personally take pictures of the front lines. The donations to large organizations such as the 3 foundations mentioned above and the Red Cross, I don't really know how the money is used. I better set up a separate thread for this one I think.

I think nations have already taken action. There are US Marines helping. There are Israeli on the ground. The UK donated a million pounds or something.

sushi

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:03:32 PM

Great Dabs,  I was going to say, send it to you as you are local and have a mean to exchange there.  You will know the best what your people need!!!

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:18:47 PM

Ok. Let me know where you want it all sent. I don't mind if it all goes to Red Cross, but it better be specific if it's indeed that one, or one of the other foundations. They all work, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm partial to ABS-CBN because I like their TV shows. ABS-CBN and GMA are the two biggest TV networks in the country.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

Great Dabs,  I was going to say, send it to you as you are local and have a mean to exchange there.  You will know the best what your people need!!!
+1

donating to red cross HQ = only 10% reaching the front line. they fundraised  about 200million last year,
75 million pounds goes towards "Staff emoluments and trustee expenses" (staff wages)
10 million pounds goes towards central office costs (bills, HR, legal)
70 million pounds goes towards generating income (advertising, PR, promotional materials)

in the end less then 10mill per project ended up on the front line (EG a project such as haiti)

so i prefer the funds find their way to the local regional departments or the frontline suppliers/distributors more direct. so i hope dabs can research into blanket companies, food, water companies that can supply and deliver the actual stuff, like i said the local PH bank of red cross is better then the international bank account, but still not as good as getting it to the "rescue kit" suppliers

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:51:47 AM

Not sure if my donation offer warrants its own topic (as it's a one-shot deal for 1 person with a US shipping address), but:
http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworder.php?id=18388

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 08:49:55 AM

Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund

As stated in the OP of the following thread, I meant to do this yesterday, as Rassah could verify: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332561.0
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:01:06 AM

This should really be a multisig address, sorry. :-)

more or less retired.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:46:54 AM

+1

donating to red cross HQ = only 10% reaching the front line. they fundraised  about 200million last year,
75 million pounds goes towards "Staff emoluments and trustee expenses" (staff wages)
10 million pounds goes towards central office costs (bills, HR, legal)
70 million pounds goes towards generating income (advertising, PR, promotional materials)

in the end less then 10mill per project ended up on the front line (EG a project such as haiti)

so i prefer the funds find their way to the local regional departments or the frontline suppliers/distributors more direct. so i hope dabs can research into blanket companies, food, water companies that can supply and deliver the actual stuff, like i said the local PH bank of red cross is better then the international bank account, but still not as good as getting it to the "rescue kit" suppliers

10%, wow that's awful. Do you know a better charity to give to? I understand that a small bit has to go to the organisation, but 90% is way too much.

I was about to post the same.  Here is an article about how little of the billions they raised for 9/11 were actually given out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-walden/the-red-cross-coming-home_b_7653.html

NEVER give to the Red Cross if you want your money to make a difference.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:01:20 AM

I want to know what OP wants to do with this. I can easily merge it with my current "Feed Some Children" project, unless you really want me to send 0.20 BTC to the Red Cross. Or if this has a deadline.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:54:14 AM

OP said okay to just merge it to my project. So I sent the 0.20 BTC there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: