Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinduit.com - Two Week Deposits: ฿ 823 - Thanks For Playing!  (Read 6774 times)
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:00:23 AM

I would like an option to choose a percentage that would go to a jackpot.

That's a great idea, Dragonlord.

How would this theoretical jackpot work?
It would be neat if the host could decide what percentage of the leftover pot(after house fees, if applicable) goes to the final bidder. That's how I interpreted his statement, anyway.

Ok, so instead of a 50/50 split, the Host could decide to dilute both the house and host fees? I'm ok with that - as long as the reduction is evenly split between the Host and the House.. We are partners, after all.

It would look like this:

As is 50/50 50% to the Host, 50% to the House.

Host decides to give 25% of the pot to the last player in, and the remainder 37.5/37.5 is split between the Host and the House.

Is this correct?

Regards,
Jonathan
That is perfect!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 08:14:27 AM

Haha.. A friendly user sent this one to my PM.. For shame!

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:25:18 AM

Something about http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Bitcoinduit_OFFICIAL seems fishy. You're not going to allow that kind of deceit, right?

I think that you should definitely make email alerts opt-in. I signed up with my email so I could be contacted/verified if something went wrong, but I really don't want an email every time somebody invests in my round.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 08:39:09 AM

Something about http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Bitcoinduit_OFFICIAL seems fishy. You're not going to allow that kind of deceit, right?

I think that you should definitely make email alerts opt-in. I signed up with my email so I could be contacted/verified if something went wrong, but I really don't want an email every time somebody invests in my round.

Considering that we don't host the games ourselves, i'd say you're right. Tsk tsk, Bitcoinduit_OFFICIAL Host.. Tsk tsk..

What should I do about it? Rename his round?

Suggestions?

Also, we're handling the email. You'll only get an email for round creation, round expiration and when your deposit is paid out. Good? You had the option to leave your email out of it, but then the email trolls got hold of it and they have their way, those trolls. You can always just keep it anonymous.

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 08:49:53 AM

Hahahaha, I'm loving your posts!

Renaming his round would probably be the best course of action.

And those revised email triggers do sound a lot better.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 09:54:00 AM

The rounds are now sorted 1. by the time of the last deposit, 2. by the number of deposits.

Regards,
Jonathan

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:08:12 AM

I'm really liking all of these updates, but I dunno if that NSFW background(or even the link to the index) are helping too much. Tongue
I'm pretty sure the sexy women won't encourage anybody to play who wouldn't otherwise, but there's a decent chance that somebody who navigates to that page with the intention of playing while their monitor is in view of others may quickly navigate away. D:
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 10:14:26 AM

I'm really liking all of these updates, but I dunno if that NSFW background(or even the link to the index) are helping too much. Tongue
I'm pretty sure the sexy women won't encourage anybody to play who wouldn't otherwise, but there's a decent chance that somebody who navigates to that page with the intention of playing while their monitor is in view of others may quickly navigate away. D:

Check the site now. How's that?

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:19:55 AM

ROFL.

And your game rules. Are you trying to blind me?? (The link's wrong; it should link to the first page of the thread instead of the second)
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 10:29:25 AM

ROFL.

And your game rules. Are you trying to blind me?? (The link's wrong; it should link to the first page of the thread instead of the second)

Refresh. Make sure your speakers are on. Let me know if your mouth starts to foam.

Let's get a line of thought going on how to brand this. I am up to do anything with it, as long as it's ridiculous.

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:07:48 PM

Earlier in the thread, you said:
Furthermore, if there are NO bets in 24 hours or how ever many hours are set by the Host, the full amount is refunded.
One of my rounds, http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Zero_Host_Fee_Doubler , just expired without any other bids. However, I only received 90% of my investment back. It looks like a bug caused the house to keep the 10% fee. Smiley
Dragonlord

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 03:57:50 PM

Whats with the old geezers background? It makes the text really hard to read.
The description on top of the page and the disclaimer looks like a copy and paste from a financial scam website.
The rules page looks like a hacker website: "All your bitcoins are belong to us"  Shocked
I'm not sure where you are going with this site, but I'm sorry, I don't like it the way it is now. It looks too much like a scam. Undecided
Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 04:04:16 PM

The description on top of the page and the disclaimer looks like a copy and paste from a financial scam website.
The rules page looks like a hacker website: "All your bitcoins are belong to us"  Shocked
I'm not sure where you are going with this site, but I'm sorry, I don't like it the way it is now. It looks too much like a scam. Undecided

I agree, it is certainly not professional, but I think the owner's just being silly.
I'm glad you brought it up, though. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people think like you, and are deterred by the silliness. Based on that, I think that the site should be redesigned to look more trustworthy. Smiley
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:30:59 PM

Furthermore, if there are NO bets in 24 hours or how ever many hours are set by the Host, the full amount is refunded.
One of my rounds, http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=Zero_Host_Fee_Doubler , just expired without any other bids. However, I only received 90% of my investment back. It looks like a bug caused the house to keep the 10% fee. Smiley

PM me your receiving address and amount. I'll send it to ya.

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:37:24 PM

I agree, it is certainly not professional, but I think the owner's just being silly.
I'm glad you brought it up, though. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people think like you, and are deterred by the silliness. Based on that, I think that the site should be redesigned to look more trustworthy. Smiley

Site has gone back to a more vanilla state. I'm not sure that I want to change the description though, and the disclaimer at the bottom. Frankly, if someone doesn't get the joke, we probably don't want them playing the game.

It's obviously not a savvy financial investment, but a fun game. AMIRIGHT?

Cory

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:45:23 PM

Alright. You fix the bug?
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:59:48 PM

Alright. You fix the bug?

Pretty sure! Gotta wait for the next round to end betless to find out.. I refunded you the B 0.2, which was the 10% deposit fee that not returned on the round expiring with no bets. I'm thinking in the future I should at least subtract the 0.0005 tx fee when that happens, but maybe not. Sometimes I have to pay tx fee, sometimes I don't. Either way, it's set to pay the minimum for tx.

Anyhow, if the bug isn't fixed yet we'll find out and dig in deeper to ensure smooth sailing.

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 07:12:09 PM

PLAYER POLL

1. What features do you like the most on Bitcoinduit - i.e. Instant Payout, Round Creation Rules, etc..

2. What features would you like to see on Bitcoinduit? - i.e. Jackpot, Unique Pot Split Types, etc..

Your input will help to make a game that you (and hopefully others) will like even more!

Regards,
Jonathan

Dragonlord

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:26:28 PM

Site has gone back to a more vanilla state. I'm not sure that I want to change the description though, and the disclaimer at the bottom. Frankly, if someone doesn't get the joke, we probably don't want them playing the game.

That is much better! I like the new background image. It's now a lot easier to read the text.

The first part of the disclaimer is good, but I'm not sure about the "Your best chance is to host a game yourself" part. I think it encourages people too much to start a new game instead of playing an existing one.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 09:44:42 PM

That is much better! I like the new background image. It's now a lot easier to read the text.

The first part of the disclaimer is good, but I'm not sure about the "Your best chance is to host a game yourself" part. I think it encourages people too much to start a new game instead of playing an existing one.

Well, we designed this to encourage people to host and market their own games. We'll be giving the hosts a cleaner link to rounds soon, ex: http://bitcoinduit.com/EternalSunshine where right now it would look like http://www.bitcoinduit.com/game/viewRound.php?id=EternalSunshine.

In the end, all the features are experimental and functionality is subject to change.

Regards,
Jonathan

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: