Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:59:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does war affect the price of bitcoin?  (Read 781 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

I certainly think that the price of Bitcoin can be affected by war and other major afflictions because many people would go into fear mode and either sell of big chunks of Bitcoin or buy up a ton of it. So far though although Russia warned of retaliation they did squat to stop the attacks on Syria this morning and just let the allies get on with it, which I guess makes the Russians the better people at this point. Trump is no different from Bush, he is going round and being a bully.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
BlueBitc

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:02:21 PM

If the war is going to happen now, of course, most will all invest in bitcoin because there is an option where everyone will save their finances safe because the most feared thing is a war where all will think about how they are to make the wealth will not disappear.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:03:02 PM
Merited by reighbut2017 (1)

Mr Trump has announced a precise crackdown on Syria, a war that would destabilise the world and would buy other assets for safety. Is bitcoin the best option? I find that bitcoin has indeed started to grow.

You are welcome to express your views and opinions.

Once the war exploded there will be a massive destruction of technology and before it happened I'm sure of another huge panic selling will happen because people want exchange their bitcoin into traditional money to keep it safe.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:07:09 PM

Question is, are they that open to make bitcoin as the main currency?

We see all the negative sides that have been thrown with crypto technology. There will be a problem if they will not abide with what rule will be implented.
Everything can affect the bitcoin value now. It is global, so you could consider it as almost the same as how the stock market reacts.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:08:42 PM

I believe any type of disturbing event, calamity and conflict that affects people will also have a temporary
effect on any economy, bitcoins is not an exemption and will also be a part of that. War isn't a standard or
simple situation that can be solved overnight, I think with such a developing and unpredictable engagement  
it will always find it's way to affect everything that's near the involving areas, nations and people. Though
bitcoins has never experienced such an event, it would be safe to assume to further prepare and work out a
contingency if such matters come to a reality. War affects us all.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:39:48 PM

Those person who are always sad are the person who does know bitcoin well, I don't think that bitcoin should be fear of, when in fact altcoins and ICO's should be the one, they will be dead but not bitcoin so we don't need to fear of something that will not ever happen.
Says the person advertising an ICO.
But anyways yeah I would agree with you mostly. ICOs lately have been just cash grab and nothing more, the tokens take months to even come on an exchange if they come come.

On the matter of wars, well it's obvious that a large scale war affects the economy of the participating nations, which in turn will affect bitcoin is some or other way. They could be liquidation of bitcoin for quick cash by some people, while others might decide to invest in btc in fear of their nation's economy crashing after war.

When a nation is engaged in war, people tend to seek to liquidate their currency in exchange for those that are not in war-time countries. Bitcoin is the ultimate security in situations like this, as it is independent of any country, and as such cannot be collapsed by war (unless the war is on bitcoin). If I were in a country at war, I'd definitely move into a decentralized currency.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:43:13 PM

Mr Trump has announced a precise crackdown on Syria, a war that would destabilise the world and would buy other assets for safety. Is bitcoin the best option? I find that bitcoin has indeed started to grow.

Yes it will negatively affect the price of bitcoin. All natural phenomenas or other negative issues that pertains to the countries of the world has an impact in the price of bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

Anything will affect bitcoin as long as it is bought in the market even at war time but I don't think it would be bad to do. What if when war arises and the internet connection around the world or on such affected countries become limited or actually down? Bitcoin couldn't be used then. Also bitcoin has only limited supply

rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:01:19 PM

Yes because once war exploded and the digital network damaged all investors can not access their investment and transactions related to bitcoin will be automatically cancelled.
rhenz01

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

In my opinion it's a Yes because before war explode there is a panic selling.
insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:08:02 PM

Yes of course because once war started it will be a big goodbyes to all crypto transaction.
DiceChain

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

I think the war has a huge impact on the price of Bitcoin. Think about it. when war occurs. What can safely store your property? Gold, mineral is not safe. bitcoin is different. It is very safe. Just having an internet connection will protect your money. That was my thought
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:36:01 PM

If the war is going to happen now, of course, most will all invest in bitcoin because there is an option where everyone will save their finances safe because the most feared thing is a war where all will think about how they are to make the wealth will not disappear.

Exactly the bitcoin currency will not be effected with it, if it will be war people will surely save their bitcoin and they will not let the market get wasted like this so I think bitcoin will not be effected by it,  for me it is very important to have patience if bitcoin will get down for some time even then I won’t suggest anyone to sell it because after ending of the war price of bitcoin will increase once again and this time price will be higher than our own expectation.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

I do not agree with you. because after all, the war will be opposed by all anti-war countries. although the American invasion of the Middle East. it will not change the development of crypto. of course there are many factors that corroborate my prediction. some of my friends who are there, sometimes difficult to access internet services. it is an obstacle for the Middle East to engage in bitcoin or crypto.
evichi

Activity: 1218
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:46:27 PM

This is an interesting topic. I will consider some parameters for my contribution:  If the war did not affect countries that support bitcoin, that means those countries can still mine Bitcoin. Those in possession of Bitcoin mining equipment must find way to liquidate their assets to other countries or transfer the mining to more peaceful countries. Physical gadgets or electronic gadgets stand the risk of being damaged or destroyed,  in such case it might be better to have a web wallet to transfer your Bitcoin than storage in Hard wallets. The price of Bitcoin will be affected but it all depends on the area affected by war as well as the level of transaction due to liquidation of assets or sell of bitcoin. Infact, Bitcoin could play an important role to reduce loss in money as people are now their own banks.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

War affects all not only bitcoin. War is a very serious topic to consider. Once there is war, all things might change such as prices of good and commodities and also prices of coins. It might drop since the value of it become lesser if we talk about war.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

War effects almost everything in this world so it could have a big effect on the Bitcoin price. When there is a war, most people tend to invest their money into safe haven assets such as gold and other precious metals such as silver. However we are seeing a trend now where people are switching to Bitcoin as a safe haven so it would be interesting to see what does happen to Bitcoin if a war breaks out.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:02:09 AM

In my opinion, global chaos is generally seen as beneficial to Bitcoin price since Bitcoin is apolitical and sits outside the control or influence of any particulate government.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:28:21 AM

Yes, of course, Bitcoin is the best option right now, but I don't think  the bombing will escalate to world war but we still have to see how Russia reacts to it, it will not harm bitcoin price so far it is showing it's not, war between two countries is very much different from world war we have so many wars going around the world.

arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:40:47 AM

It will definitely affect the price of bitcoin and most probably negatively. Because at the time of war, people would want cash money instead of digital currency. They would try to cash out their money in case internet is shut down or banks are shut too. People in real life (offline) don't accept bitcoin so it won't be useful to keep it during war.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: