Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ETN Mobile Miner is giving Free ETN?
Yes - 23 (65.7%)
No - 3 (8.6%)
Don't Know - 9 (25.7%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum (ETN) Mobile Miner  (Read 1842 times)
sheenarif (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:54:55 PM

Are you aware right that ETN mobile miner is just simulation? It is only free coin to stimulate the mass adoption of the coin for a daily usage later.
For sure, since its free coins you can mining it with your phone to the death without broke your phone because it's not really utilize the hardware.
But you will not earns that much.
I suggest, just trow your old desktop computer or laptop and start mining with it. Wake your old computer from death. Old desktop that give you 300 - 500 h/s will be quite good to earn real ETN by mining it.
Happy mining! ;-)

Can you please elaborate yourself? What exactly we have to do for mining on our desktops?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:26:43 PM

They are paying because they want to spread awareness of this amazing project of ETN, They have a great dev team and everyone is doing their job perfectly. Keep mining ETN guys, it will give you good results at the end of this year Smiley
Oh, now i see. They were just paying you because you ran their simulator but in reality it doesn't really give you any ETN because they provide the ETN for you. They were just more likely a campaign but on mobile phone while using their mining simulator. So, what if they stop doing that like giving you ETN and they have decided to stopped giving you ETN in the future because they got what they want. I don't know if it is worth it to do that, but it's just like you are watching an ads for every game to get the money.

sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

They are paying because they want to spread awareness of this amazing project of ETN, They have a great dev team and everyone is doing their job perfectly. Keep mining ETN guys, it will give you good results at the end of this year Smiley
Oh, now i see. They were just paying you because you ran their simulator but in reality it doesn't really give you any ETN because they provide the ETN for you. They were just more likely a campaign but on mobile phone while using their mining simulator. So, what if they stop doing that like giving you ETN and they have decided to stopped giving you ETN in the future because they got what they want. I don't know if it is worth it to do that, but it's just like you are watching an ads for every game to get the money.

Don't play a game here Mr. IOST by spreading FUD, they are paying means everyone is getting ETN, they will continue it because Mobile Miner users are increasing day by day, they have crossed 80K+ members in a short span of time. So better don't say anything negative. We aren't saying anything wrong about any other token here. So if you can not help than you must not say anything bad also. I hope you understand. If you want ETN than just go for it Smiley

They are giving ETN without any task my friend, all for free. They are not saying to take part in any airdrop or ICO or any bounty like others. You just have to install this app in your phone and thats it my friend.
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

The ETN miner is indeed nice for awareness but you won't earn anything meaningless using it. I have tried mining with a powerful smartphone (octa core + 8GB ram) but it doesn't compare to any PC/laptop that you can buy with the money you would pay for the smartphone.

I was able to get about 40 h/s, any mid range PC/Laptop would get you at least 80 - 100 h/s just by mining it with your CPU. Throw in a second-hand GPU and you'll be making a lot more. Smiley

How can you say that we can not earn anything, I have earned ETN worth 20$ in just 15 days from my phone. That means I will get ETN worth 40$ a month. The price of ETN is also rising day by day. That will be a good benefit for me if I continue my Mobile Miner in same way. Many users are earning more than me because of their phone capabilities. So I recommend ETN mobile miner. It is giving less but it is giving 100% my friend.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:16:33 PM

I have a question does the app continue to run in the background after the screen lock goes on and after the screen dims
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:20:20 PM

I have a question does the app continue to run in the background after the screen lock goes on and after the screen dims

Yes it does, it will run till you clear your phone history, after clearing of all the minimized data it will stop running, then you have to login again by entering your login pin Smiley
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:36:06 PM

Correctly and have made that would delete your branch. Mobile mining is a Scam. I don't know where you get stats on 80,000 users. I don't believe there are so many stupid people. Perhaps you are focusing on the statistics of users who have downloaded your application. But I'm sure most of them have already removed the app.
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:42:33 PM

Correctly and have made that would delete your branch. Mobile mining is a Scam. I don't know where you get stats on 80,000 users. I don't believe there are so many stupid people. Perhaps you are focusing on the statistics of users who have downloaded your application. But I'm sure most of them have already removed the app.

For the people like you BTC is also a scam, but you can see where BTC is Smiley Mobile Miner is running successfully. There is some decrease in users in numbers but it does not mean that it is a scam. Mobile Miner is official product of ETN Team my friend. You are in a wrong world I think. Scam Scam all around for you Smiley
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:50:10 PM

Yes, it does! Just check it regularly, for example if you switch places - home, school/university/work and so on if it is still mining. I, for example, have some issues with the miner when I switch places and I still cannot understand why, but everytime I leave the office or my place I need to restart the miner. I am constantly on mobile data, dunno what's causing this issue.
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:02:32 PM

Yes, it does! Just check it regularly, for example if you switch places - home, school/university/work and so on if it is still mining. I, for example, have some issues with the miner when I switch places and I still cannot understand why, but everytime I leave the office or my place I need to restart the miner. I am constantly on mobile data, dunno what's causing this issue.

Yes it happens sometime, its because of the network failure sometimes or because of the low network signals which decreases the speed of internet in the mobile phones Smiley
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:57:51 PM

Thanks I let the app run and went back to check and it was stopped to I had to restart it I whish they would fix it I'd like to leave it run while I'm working I don't have time to keep checking it
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:04:32 PM

Thanks I let the app run and went back to check and it was stopped to I had to restart it I whish they would fix it I'd like to leave it run while I'm working I don't have time to keep checking it

This issue is with some users, I'm using ETN app on 4 phones and mined almost 800 ETN in 15 days. I'm sure they will fix it, actually nowadays they are working on the transaction system Smiley
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:46:38 PM

Hi All,

I just wanted to drop an end of the week update to let everyone know that we've switched the automated miner payout system back on! You should see your payments coming through soon!
I should re-iterate that your ETN has never been at risk and no ETN or ETN earnings have been lost through this delay. If your payment failed at any time in the past, it will automatically be re-tried until you get it.

We understand your frustration if payouts have been slow, but we've only just come out of BETA and this has been a great test of the payout system, uncovering some bugs that needed fixing. At some point there will be an increase in the payout threshold, which will help to reduce the number of blockchain transactions. We've kept it deliberately low at 10 ETN to stress test the system and find the weak points before our corporate partners go live. We are rolling out an app update soon that gives more notifications about the mining payments, making it easier to understand and follow.

Yesterday we had over 125,000 miners at some point during 24 hours - but we only saw 77,000 miners live at any one time. With that information, and the fact that Apple have still pushed back on the iPhone app, we would like to ask YOU, our community to answer a quick poll about the mobile miner, which could enable us to find a solution for Apple iPhone users and developing world users that have limited internet access.

The miner currently has to work in the background of your phone and you need to ensure you always have internet access.

If given the option would you:

Prefer to keep the miner exactly as it is now, requiring 24 hour internet access and background mode.

OR

Prefer to make a daily interaction at a time convenient for you. This will take just a few seconds when you're online and could even allow earning ETN via the web page.

Thanks everyone Smiley

Please visit the below link for the poll Smiley

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1987785901483378&id=1850733001855336
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:41:50 AM

The pending transactions are now being updated and the ETN are coming in wallets, those who have still not received the ETN will receive shortly Smiley
racebum

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:04:59 AM

The ETN miner is indeed nice for awareness but you won't earn anything meaningless using it. I have tried mining with a powerful smartphone (octa core + 8GB ram) but it doesn't compare to any PC/laptop that you can buy with the money you would pay for the smartphone.

I was able to get about 40 h/s, any mid range PC/Laptop would get you at least 80 - 100 h/s just by mining it with your CPU. Throw in a second-hand GPU and you'll be making a lot more. Smiley

yea but that's using watts

you can have it running on your cell phone at 30hs and it uses very little battery

it's free coins for participating
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:14:59 AM

yea but that's using watts

you can have it running on your cell phone at 30hs and it uses very little battery

it's free coins for participating

Yes it is giving 100% to everyone who joins, nice way to spread awareness, everyone will get ETN for sure Smiley
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:15:15 PM

BLOCKCHAIN UPDATE MAY 30TH & DIVERGENCE FROM MONERO

This is a big announcement for Electroneum.

See bottom of this article for the full details of the blockchain tech update.

Some of our community have been worried about our blockchain tech, especially regarding ASIC miners and blockchain flooding. We will cover these below along with the announcement of some exciting major changes to the way our blockchain runs.

ETN Blockchain Update May 30th

Monero (who we based our blockchain code on) perform an update approximately every 6 months, and this is a great practice, as it allows them to keep their technology moving forward and introduce new features. We will be following this model and our first major update (also known as a fork) is scheduled to take place at block 307500 which is approximately 10.30am BST on May 30th.

Don’t panic! – Forking explained

It’s important for everyone to understand that whilst this is known as a fork, it is very different to Bitcoin forking to bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold. The fork will not result in two currencies, as all the exchanges and pools will update their software in advance of the update block and Electroneum will continue with an updated blockchain.

Time to test and implement

The end of May gives our community plenty of time to test and comment on the code changes that we will post on GitHub by Friday 5th of May. It also gives plenty of time for every node owner to update their Electroneum nodes, ready for the update block.

Electroneum divergence from Monero

We’ve always planned to move the Electroneum blockchain further towards reaching our goals, which in turn will move us away from Monero’s goals. We chose Monero because they’d written an awesome dynamic blocksize algorithm, but they also have some features that are not critical to Electroneum’s future. In this Electroneum update we’ve started to diverge away from some core Monero functionality. As we move towards a lean, fast blockchain to handle vast numbers of micropayments we need to lose some of the overhead that comes with the privacy of Monero. We are still going to be far more private than Bitcoin or Ethereum (for instance you won’t be able to look at someone else’s wallet balance), but by decreasing some of the privacy features we can fit significantly more transactions into a block, which is critical for our next stage of growth as our corporate partners start to bring on user numbers, and our vendor program starts delivering instant cryptocurrency acceptance into online and physical shops and stores. In short Monero is the best privacy coin in the world, where we need to be the best micropayment system in the world.

ETN Blockchain Tech Update (Details)

Anti- ASIC. An ASIC is a computer chip that has been made for a specific task. In this instance the task is to mine the CryptoNight algorithm that Electroneum uses. We are implementing Anti-ASIC code to ensure we have maximum resistance to any network attack that could occur in the future. Limiting mining to GPU’s reduces the chances of a single entity possessing enough hashing power to attempt a 51% network attack. It’s important to note that there is no proof of a 51% network attack having taken place on the Electroneum blockchain.

Transfer Fee Increase. There have been a lot of comments about our transfer fee being too low. It is important to our project that the fee remains low, because we are going to be focusing on instant payments and instant micropayments in the real world, and we need fees that are lower than typical debit / credit card fees. However, we have suffered from blockchain flooding so are taking steps to ensure we are resistant to this in the future. We have therefore decided to increase our base fee to 0.1 ETN. This is still a fraction of the cost of transfer of other cryptocurrencies, but still increases the difficulty of flooding by an order of magnitude. Combined with our other updates (below) this will give us more effective resistance to blockchain flooding.
Increase block size before penalty. We have been enormously successful and  seen some periods with huge amounts of legitimate blockchain transaction traffic. This, combined with blockchain flooding, has meant periods of blockchain delays. By increasing the block size before penalty, miners will be able to scale the blocks faster and get more transactions into a block. This will handle regular transactions and flood transactions, making delays less likely. Combined with the Fee increase this is a significant resistance enhancement to flooding.

Disabling of RingCT & Mixin. RingCT was introduced by Monero whose main focus is privacy. Our main focus is bulk transactions for a mass audience, and thus we are disabling some of the privacy features of the blockchain. Disabling some privacy features means we can fit significantly more transactions into each block than with them enabled. This means less wait to get a transaction into a block and a leaner blockchain size. Wallets are still private as we will continue to use a new stealth wallet address for every blockchain transaction so there is still significantly more privacy than with Bitcoin or Ethereum, but considerably less privacy than with a privacy focused coin like Monero.

Mempool life to 3 days. During high transactional volumes it is feasible that a transaction can remain in the mempool for 24 hours and reach the current limit. This would mean the transaction is returned to the sender, but that could take up to 7 days. By increasing the mempool life to 3 days (and in conjunction with some of the additional changes) we are ensuring a significant reduction in the possibility of these returned transactions.

2 minute blocks. Blocks are currently mined every minute. We are moving to two minute blocks which will significantly decrease the chance of an orphan block being created. Orphan blocks might contain transactions which will eventually (7 days) be returned or added to another block. Increasing the block time to 2 minutes has ramifications on the block reward which will be modified (see below).

Block Reward. We are doubling the block reward to ensure daily ETN block reward remains the same, despite the fact that we are releasing blocks at half the current speed. This means there will be no discernable effect to miners or pools.

Reduce difficulty window. Block difficulty window is being reduced. The block difficulty is calculated by looking at the last X blocks. It has come to our attention that by hitting the ETN blockchain with large powered rented hashing power gives the miner an advantage over a short period of time (until the difficulty algorithm catches up with the new hashing rate). We are reducing the difficulty window to reduce the benefit these periodic miners have and to discourage this practice, making the mining process fairer. This should have little or no effect on the difficulty number itself except during the exceptional circumstances described.

Thanks for taking the time to read this update! If you are running an Electroneum node remember to update before May 30th. If you are using a pool, ensure you let their telegram or other social channel know that this update is critical and must be applied before May 30th, in advance of block 307500.

Have a great day everyone,

✅ t.me/electroneum_news
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1404

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:24:40 PM

Good news.

sheenarif I have 140 ETN in pending transactions, the payments only return to normal after the fork?

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
sheenarif (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:39:50 PM

Good news.

sheenarif I have 140 ETN in pending transactions, the payments only return to normal after the fork?

The ETN already started coming in wallets, your 140 ETN will be in your wallet soon. Keep Mining or keep your ETN App open Smiley
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 04:44:53 PM

My phone shows 30h/s which would be around .3etn per day right?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: