Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you compare altcoin and bitcoin?  (Read 392 times)
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:36:12 AM

Bitcoin is in the class of it's own and there is no basis whatsoever for comparison! Just like it has been said over again, bitcoin is tge currency of the future whle altcoin deals with other aspect of interest!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenziefried

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Hello guys, what do you think, is it possible to compare altcoin and bitcoin? In my opinion it is kind of stupid to compare this crypto currencies, because altcoins and bitcoins are different. Bitcoin has its own benefits, altcoins have got their own benefits, they have got different blockchains, they have different way of use and so on. I just can’t understand people who make topics like: “Altcoins or Bitcoin?”. So what’s your opinion?

bitcoin is the 1st one to gain popularity we might say that bitcoin is the one who introduce blockchain technology so all other coins that is not btc is called altcoins

D145
Any other currency did not get the faith and attention of the people as bitcoin. That’s why more and more people are investing in bitcoin. Only Ethereum is another crypto which is now getting the attention of the people worldwide. But still Ethereum is no 2. There is a big difference between both the prices. For me the first choice is no doubt bitcoin and then Ethereum.
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:53:59 AM

I do not think it is possible to compare them. We can understand the particular qualities of such, but they are like kinds of different substances. So, definitely we cannot compare them by just the word "cryptocurrencies".
euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:59:25 PM

In fact, there is no particular difference in the coins. There is a difference in popularity of each separately taken. Hardly anyone can surpass BTC, as people who have difficulty understanding what is cryptocurrency, still know about it.                        
VSOP_VSOP

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

If to estimate coins only from a position of value and buy/sale then of course they are identical. But we must understand that each coin has its own concept and vision the future of the crypt, so they are all special.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:49:26 PM

In fact, there is no particular difference in the coins. There is a difference in popularity of each separately taken. Hardly anyone can surpass BTC, as people who have difficulty understanding what is cryptocurrency, still know about it.                        
That's true, I think the most of new people which they already know what's mean cryptocurrencies, they already knew bitcoin and heard about it first. I mean, first they search about bitcoin, and through bitcoin they discover what means cryptocurrencies, so this is the difference. Bitcoin is more known than any other cryptocurrency, so there is no comparison of popularity as bitcoin is the better.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

There are both similarities and differences, and you are right, this constant comparison irks. Because each holds their own and comes with their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:28:41 PM

Some say that it is pointless to compare Bitcoin to Altcoins, I think we need to do that for us to know the basics of Cryptocurrencies especially for newbies.

Bitcoin is often called as the original cryptocurrency, mother of all cryptocurrency etc.. This is the reason why blockchain technology was invented. It is also referred as "digital gold" (like the gold coin but not tangible).

So what is Altcoin or Alternative Coin? Basically, these are the coins that are not Bitcoin. Some are created to solve completely different problems in Bitcoins but some are just coins created because of certain projects. These projects are using blockchain technology to solve real-world problems in various industries.

If you will ask me what to choose between Bitcoin and Altcoin? I will say, it depends on your goal. If your goal is to have great profit but higher risk then you choose AltCoin. Less expensive than Bitcoins but have higher possibility to have greater value in the future.
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:34:04 PM

Hello guys, what do you think, is it possible to compare altcoin and bitcoin? In my opinion it is kind of stupid to compare this crypto currencies, because altcoins and bitcoins are different. Bitcoin has its own benefits, altcoins have got their own benefits, they have got different blockchains, they have different way of use and so on. I just can’t understand people who make topics like: “Altcoins or Bitcoin?”. So what’s your opinion?

I see no reason to compare them. Bitcoin is Bitcoin and the alts are the alts. Every altcoin has its purpose and some of them are really useless. But comparing is usually in Bitcoins favor.

Bet9ja111

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:44:07 PM

Bitcion first achieved major popularity and is the king of block chain technology. So its cant be compared to altcoin
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:17:49 PM

I consider crypto like dining table and Bitcoin is the main dish while others are side dishes. It would be boring to eat with just one variant of food. Not to mentions every member of the table have different tastes and likes. Just like crypto, we have different needs and likes and interests, and altcoins will fill those differences.

Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:27:48 AM

Bitcoin and Altcoins will compare if. Bitcoin is cheaper than the expensive Altcoins. But all Altcoin is Bticoin based. It is very difficult to have other crypto coins without bitcoin.
esakovv

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

🤖UBEX.COM

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:59:27 AM

bitcoin is perceived by people as tsyfrovoy gold, it won the world's first vernerity, and altcoyin is like different currencies.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
ezakmisd

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:01:02 AM

it seems to me that it is not necessary to divide cryptocurrencies into different divisions, because this is complete nonsense, they are all a currency that differs only in price
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:03:26 AM

it is quite normal to compare them if you are an investor. all of the are based on blockchain technology. some are using different blockchains with different capacity, size and speed. but the truth is most of the people here are investors so it is quite normal to ask which one is more profitable.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:16:57 AM

Comparison between bitcoins and altcoins is crucial because it plays a big role in explaining other people the difference between the two.Though they are both digital currencies but bitcoin was the strongest and altcoins have been created based on bitcoins concepts.There are lots of existing altcoins nowadays that is also benefecial but some of them has low potential to survive in the market compared to bitcoin by which even votality always happening but it remains at the top that altcoins cannot surpass as of these time.

culberth

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

It depends on what you want to compare. I think it's okay to compare Bitcoin with Altcoin. If you're investor, also you must compare which is more profitable between invest in Alt or BTC.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:42:06 AM

Hello guys, what do you think, is it possible to compare altcoin and bitcoin?
Of course it is possible, you can compare btc into alt or even in fiat and other things but honestly this be shouldn't. For me, btc is the superior so it's pointless to compare it onto alts because alts is expected to get beaten in every aspect of the game unless btc already fall down from the number 1 spot and replaced by the other (now it will become comparable).

Instead of btc ~ alt comparison, I think it's much easier to accept the alt ~ alt comparison in terms of market price, volume of holders and potentials of booming. When it comes to platforms, we should not compare it because every coin focuses on a particular purpose or application and we should respect that.
clairemoon542

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:44:23 AM

I think this is kind of stupid to compare this cryptocurrencies. In any case, not all altcoyins are the forks of bitcoin, but most of it is true. For example, the Ethereum is not the fork of bitcoin, this crypto asset is based on its own code base. In general, there is an opinion that altkoins are a tool that facilitates getting bitcoin, because somehow, it all comes down to selling altcoin and buying bitcoin. On the one hand, I would like the altcoins to be allied with bitcoin. This would mean that the altcoins have the same bright future as bitcoin, and a price increase is possible.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:09:22 AM

You can still compare bitcoin to altcoins for the benefit of education like block size and speed of transactions but you shouldn't compare it to price value because it is already a different story.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: