Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 02:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ⚡ Fragments: Decentralized Micro-task Platform ⭐  (Read 1935 times)
petr_fragments
Copper Member

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 07:44:39 AM

excellent and exciting project, i hope the team will continue to intensively promote this project so that more will be known and the project will be more developed and successful.

Hi Nicholasa! You are absolutely right, we are now working on it, so we get Fragments to the people - we need to have solid workers pool on the platform after launch.

Before global launch we are beginning with some media coverage in Czech Republic:

https://www.czechcrunch.cz/2018/04/tvurci-platformy-pro-hlidani-deti-hlidacky-cz-spousti-sluzbu-kterou-lze-vydelavat-kryptomeny/
https://tyinternety.cz/startupy/tvurci-hlidacky-cz-zakladaji-novy-startup-fragments-kombinuje-umelou-inteligenci-a-kryptomeny/
https://cryptosvet.cz/fragments-novy-startup-od-tvurcu-hlidacky-cz-se-pripravuje-na-ico/

candyemily112

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:51:23 AM

An interesting project,  hope it progresses and becomes something tangible and not another scam, good luck
Best Sites

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:53:45 AM

"Fragments platform will provide millions of people with easy access to simple micro-tasks that cannot be performed by AI.
These tasks can be completed on your smartphone, while traveling on the train, waiting for your coffee, even during television ad breaks."

Cool, im hyped  Wink
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:45:12 AM

An interesting project,  hope it progresses and becomes something tangible and not another scam, good luck

Thanks! I think when we release the platform it will become very tangible;)

d.richter

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:35:35 AM

I try to understand what kind of tasks there will be on this platform.
Will it be like a surveys service or more like freelancers service?
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 12:16:32 PM

"Fragments platform will provide millions of people with easy access to simple micro-tasks that cannot be performed by AI.
These tasks can be completed on your smartphone, while traveling on the train, waiting for your coffee, even during television ad breaks."

Cool, im hyped  Wink

Awesome:) We are hyped too:)

petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 12:22:04 PM

There is a good explanation of various micro-tasks' types and differences between freelancing etc:

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/Documents/Innovation/us-cons-enterprise-crowdsourcing-and-growing-fragmentation-of-work%20(3).pdf

There will be micro-tasks like:

- label what is on the image (dog, car, pedestrian)
- select the sentiment of the tweet (positive/negative/neutral)
- put the item into a category

Therefore simple tasks, many times later the results are used for training AI algorithms.

Let me know if I can explain it better!
Petr

d.richter

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:57:32 AM

There is a good explanation of various micro-tasks' types and differences between freelancing etc:

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/Documents/Innovation/us-cons-enterprise-crowdsourcing-and-growing-fragmentation-of-work%20(3).pdf

There will be micro-tasks like:

- label what is on the image (dog, car, pedestrian)
- select the sentiment of the tweet (positive/negative/neutral)
- put the item into a category

Therefore simple tasks, many times later the results are used for training AI algorithms.

Let me know if I can explain it better!
Petr

Thank you for explanation.
Now I see they are really 'micro' Smiley
Do you plan to use only AI in future (after proper training of its algorithms)?
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

Good question! We plan "hybrid" endpoints in the future - where AI will try to solve the micro-task and if not successful it will "forward" to the people.

Good example is filtering NSFW images from social networks - first with AI and if the algorithm is not sure then ensure the correctness by human intelligence...

But we are starting just with "human intelligence"Smiley

Thank you for explanation.
Now I see they are really 'micro' Smiley
Do you plan to use only AI in future (after proper training of its algorithms)?

petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

We are at Blockchain Summit it Zug today -- if you are there, ping us, we can invite you for beer/coffee:)

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

There have been a lot of decentralized microtask platforms introduced recently. Is there anything that makes Fragments differ from them or offer any advantages?
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

There have been a lot of decentralized microtask platforms introduced recently. Is there anything that makes Fragments differ from them or offer any advantages?

Thanks for the question:) the main difference are:

Developers can create micro-task apps and be rewarded for it
The Fragments platform will be extendable and since developers can take a cut from revenue generated by their micro-task apps, they will help us to spread the platform much faster. We can adopt a much wider range of micro-tasks. Think Chrome extensions or commercial plugins.

Secondly, focus on mobile UI/UX - to attract even casual workers we will release Android/iPhone app
and moreover, companies will be able to mix in-house workers with global work-force and use the standalone version on their servers (we are talking to companies and hearing these requests a lot).

The team also have experience with marketplaces and we will release MVP before token sale:)

Let me know if I can elaborate more?

Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

Thanks for the question:) the main difference are:

Developers can create micro-task apps and be rewarded for it
The Fragments platform will be extendable and since developers can take a cut from revenue generated by their micro-task apps, they will help us to spread the platform much faster. We can adopt a much wider range of micro-tasks. Think Chrome extensions or commercial plugins.

Secondly, focus on mobile UI/UX - to attract even casual workers we will release Android/iPhone app
and moreover, companies will be able to mix in-house workers with global work-force and use the standalone version on their servers (we are talking to companies and hearing these requests a lot).

The team also have experience with marketplaces and we will release MVP before token sale:)

Let me know if I can elaborate more?

Hi Petr thanks for your reply.
The fact that developers on the Fragments platform can create their own apps and receive rewards for them definitely does seem very significant and make Fragments stand out from the field.
Initially the focus on the mobile interface/platform did not seem like a big deal but if it can attract casual workers like you hope then this could very well be game changing, and in turn incentivize more developers to since the platform will have a much wider market.
Will the MVP include the first use case as mentioned in the whitepaper?
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 06:05:43 PM

Hi Petr thanks for your reply.
The fact that developers on the Fragments platform can create their own apps and receive rewards for them definitely does seem very significant and make Fragments stand out from the field.
Initially the focus on the mobile interface/platform did not seem like a big deal but if it can attract casual workers like you hope then this could very well be game changing, and in turn incentivize more developers to since the platform will have a much wider market.
Will the MVP include the first use case as mentioned in the whitepaper?

Thanks! You pointed out exactly our line of thinking:)

Yes, the MVP will include the labeling, categorization and sentiment/emotion analysis - all employing real use-cases/data from real companies.

Mrbee

Activity: 454
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:55:40 AM

Pretty exciting ICO, all things considered. Honestly, when I think of micro-task platform, I think of Amazon Mechanical Turk and their “HITs.  I hated that experience, seriously. you reckon your platform is gonna be better than MTurk?
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:53:53 PM

Pretty exciting ICO, all things considered. Honestly, when I think of micro-task platform, I think of Amazon Mechanical Turk and their “HITs.  I hated that experience, seriously. you reckon your platform is gonna be better than MTurk?

Thanks!:)

Yes, the MTurk has many shortcomings we are going to address: mobile app (and thinking also about aa desktop app), payments (vs gift cards), consistent UI/UX, enabling developers to extend the platform, for companies to mix in-house workers with global workforce etc...

Do you have experience with MTurk as a worker? Would love to hear more about that!

Nicholasa

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:35:13 AM

It looks like the project is done correctly. Full information about the team about the project. Even have a thought, perhaps it worth to participate?
egretia
petr_fragments
Copper Member

co-founder of Fragments

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:57:54 AM

It looks like the project is done correctly. Full information about the team about the project. Even have a thought, perhaps it worth to participate?
egretia

Thanks, we try to be as transparent as possible:)

Next week we are at Consensus NYC - meet us there!:)

CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

Hello
How much is your soft and hard cap? what would happen if you didn't reach the goal? and How long will the campaign last? thanks
What price token?
tomas_fragments

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:34:39 AM

Hello
How much is your soft and hard cap? what would happen if you didn't reach the goal? and How long will the campaign last? thanks
What price token?

Hi,

Token sale details are not to be published yet as we are still working out details. Keep following us and you will learn everything important soon enough Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: