November 12, 2013, 11:34:04 PM

Pretty strong balls. Hold them.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:34:12 PM

so, i'm not that old, about 13, i don't have a job and i don't have a lot of savings to invest.......

after a huge amount of research, and in a moment of madness i withdraw from my college fund, which is technically mine although its my parents who pay into into it.

i've managed to buy 12 bitcoins. i'll be holding these indefinitely, even if the btc price drops 90%. no trading, although i may sell x amount to cover my expenses if things go well.

please reassure me i've done good?

and is 12 btc a good position?

and no lectures.

thanks

The wise also learn from lectures.

Also, are your parents in on this or are you hiding it from them?  (Hiding stuff usually turns out bad no matter how good it is.)

But yeah, kid, I think that you have an 80%-90% chance of having $120,000 or more in a couple years from the approximately $4200 you invested.  Of course, there's a 10%-20% chance that you could lose the $4200, but that seems less likely every day.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:35:12 PM

so, i'm not that old, about 13, i don't have a job and i don't have a lot of savings to invest.......

after a huge amount of research, and in a moment of madness i withdraw from my college fund, which is technically mine although its my parents who pay into into it.

i've managed to buy 12 bitcoins. i'll be holding these indefinitely, even if the btc price drops 90%. no trading, although i may sell x amount to cover my expenses if things go well.

and no lectures.

thanks

No lecture here. I am bullish and have invested a considerable amount in BTC.

However, no one can tell you if you did good (well).  In life, you just have to find out.

You seemed to have trusted your instincts and I think trusting your instincts is the way to go, but that's just my opinion.

Also you are willing to risk. Which means you are willing to learn. Even if it turns out to be a mistake or the wrong choice.

Welcome to bitcoin land though. Hope you enjoy the ride.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:39:17 PM

I'd be curious how being 13 you were able to withdraw from your bank account and buy the bitcoins. I think you will probably be fine, but still- depending on how you GOT them, you might have a lot of explaining to do when you try to cash them out eventually.

more or less retired.
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

In the long run it may very well have been a good investment. I would recommend any (adult) friend to consider buying right now.

Since you are a minor, lectures are not optional:

[lecture]
You should have convinced your parents instead of doing it behind their backs. Would I have been your dad, I would have been mad and proud at the same time. These kinds of decisions are for adults. Period.
[/lecture]

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:39:56 PM

and no lectures.

thanks

No lecture here. I am bullish and have invested a considerable amount in BTC.

However, no one can tell you if you did good (well).  In life, you just have to find out.

You seemed to have trusted your instincts and I think trusting your instincts is the way to go, but that's just my opinion.

Also you are willing to risk. Which means you are willing to learn. Even if it turns out to be a mistake or the wrong choice.

Welcome to bitcoin land though. Hope you enjoy the ride.

By "hope you enjoy the ride" he means, "Hold on for dear life and don't listen to anyone here". :-)

more or less retired.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:41:52 PM

I think you made a good decision. You did research on it and dare to take some risk. Impressive for someone for someone of your age. 12 BTC is an amount that could make you very rich if Bitcoin is really gonna take off. Wise of you to don't trade and just buy and hold. Although maybe you find it intresting to observe the market behavior and learn from some guys here? I hope you do because it can be very usefull for you in the future. Welcome to Bitcoin!
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:41:58 PM

By the way, I hope you keep them in a wallet across multiple SD cards! Not in Goxx

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:42:07 PM

How did you manage to do that?

amadeo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:42:42 PM

Time will show if you are the best son ever or the worst. But I believe that if you have a good trading plan you will be fine.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:45:27 PM

Time will show if you are the best son ever or the worst. But I believe that if you have a good trading plan you will be fine.
He has the *best* trading plan - buy and hold!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:52:36 PM

When I start hearing stories like this emerging, I can't help but think the market has risen too high.

the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:53:38 PM

good for you, at 21 I could have invested in Microsoft (1990). Someone told me about it, but instead I wasted money on smoking pot. I don't think the pot was even that great....
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:58:25 PM

I wouldn't count on 1 million any time soon, but I'd say your odds of making money are very good if you can hold for a couple of years or more. It's amazing to hear you consider yourself a capitalist at only 13 years old. Hopefully more youth is waking up now days thanks to the internet. That is really great to hear. Good luck and don't tell you parents, that's probably a bad idea lol.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:59:41 PM

if the price were still 100 dollars i would say heck yes. at 400 dollars I'm worried for you. though this newest price increase does feel more natural than the rallies that preceded it, the way it has leveled off and is holding steady is a good sign that this rally is the product of fundamentals more so than greed.

when you start to feel scared just remember that (basically) every single person who ever bought at an all time high before today has made money.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

Have you discovered the joys of masturbation yet?
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:01:12 AM

cheers guys

hmmm they don't know, and they shouldn't find out either unless they check the account balance....  Tongue

highly unlikely, but if they do i'll come clean, obviously.

if bitcoin goes to $1million i'll be set for life, even if it takes 10 years to get there. this seems like too good of an opportunity to miss out on, and tbh i don't want to go to college. i'm a capitalist at heart, and i hate school.

I've stored the coins in electrum wallets on usb sticks.

Cool

It would be better to transfer them to a paper wallet and keep copies of it in a safe places. USB sticks may become unreadable over time. This is not proved, however, the opposite is not proved too.
utarinues

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

I've stored the coins in electrum wallets on usb sticks.

You may as well print your private key, usb sticks should not be used to store data many years securely

hmmm they don't know, and they shouldn't find out either unless they check the account balance....  Tongue

You really have balls  Cheesy
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:05:35 AM

In the long run it may very well have been a good investment. I would recommend any (adult) friend to consider buying right now.

Since you are a minor, lectures are not optional:

[lecture]
You should have convinced your parents instead of doing it behind their backs. Would I have been your dad, I would have been mad and proud at the same time. These kinds of decisions are for adults. Period.
[/lecture]

+1

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: