Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 13558 times)
im3w1l

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:19:30 PM

if bitcoin hits $10,000 in the next couple of years, i may cash out 0.5 to cover the initial deposit,
and put that money towards my further education.

Ftfy
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

i'm not phased by the price surge, and i'm prepared for the coming correction.

when bitcoin hits $10,000 in the next couple of years, i may cash out 0.5 to cover the initial deposit,

i have no reason to sell or trade. i will hold indefinately. i love bitcoin.

Good luck.
tearfereon

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:28:01 PM

when bitcoin hits $10,000 in the next couple of years, i may cash out 0.5 to cover the initial deposit,

When bitcoin hits $10,000, you may instead spend 0.5 directly buying the stuff you need with BTC. I guess there will be much more merchants than now, even the biggest ones  Smiley
thetopham

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:49:24 PM

To be honest, I'm 12-13 too(born in 2001) and I can say that I invested in Bitcoin, not by buying but by mining. My slush account says I've mined a total of 0.94 BTC and that was well spent(on some stuff, VPSs, domains etc) except for the last 0.02 BTC which I'm holding on to like it's life or death. I never thought that it would reach this price in such a short time frame and I regret it. I can't even mine now. Anyways, if my calculations are correct, I'll be at least able to double my bitcoins just after the bubble pop which is more than enough considering it would be about 24-30 USD at this price. I now actually believe in Bitcoin. It would be nice to invest in it while it was a cent though Sad

I hear ya, hindsight isn't nice.

I've had a 5970 graphics card since 2010 and it broke in 2011, I looked up some repairs for it and came across bitcoin and ignored it... If I was mining instead of playing games I'd be a millionaire.
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:32:44 AM

Now that your average entry price of $350 per BTC has been eclipsed and the price is now at $800, I urge you to cash out your base investment and put it back in your college fund. I suspect your parents will be much happier to know that you haven't squandered their cash, but just borrowed it to make a smart investment.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:06:24 AM

Nice job, kid

Your parents will likely pressure you to take profits early...

Stay strong

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:26:13 AM

Now that your average entry price of $350 per BTC has been eclipsed and the price is now at $800, I urge you to cash out your base investment and put it back in your college fund. I suspect your parents will be much happier to know that you haven't squandered their cash, but just borrowed it to make a smart investment.

Yes, good advice. They might not be able to understand bitcoin as you did so cash out and keep the rest. Don't be fooled by the recent price inflation. It can go down.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:37:57 AM

Yes, good advice. They might not be able to understand bitcoin as you did so cash out and keep the rest. Don't be fooled by the recent price inflation. It can go down.
+1
Now you have enough fund by yourself, it's not proper any more to put your parents' fund at risk.
slikes

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:05:57 AM

It makes sense that most people posting on bitcointalk would support someone's choice to buy BTC, but I think that a thirteen year old spending money he didn't earn on them is a different story. When I was thirteen, my parents scarcely trusted me to make a $200 purchase. Grabbing a couple grand out of college savings seems unfair to your parents, if it's somehow legal.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:21:00 AM

+1. Put the base investment back and only play with what you can afford to lose. And don't wait much to do this.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:33:29 AM

12 bitcoin is good, you made the right choice. By the time you graduate you will have a decent amount. Keep in mind the current generation GenY (18-32) don't have much money on them so a lot of people here twice or thrice your age have fewer coins that you do.

Flappy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:20:44 AM

I think it will happen. I hope I never have to sell my bitcoins, just use them for purchases.

I'm with you there.  I'm 36, I have 9 bitcoins and I'm jealous!  It might be safer to print the private key - thumb drives sitting for 10 years could easily get corrupted and I wouldn't bet that much on them being reliable.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:26:38 AM

+1. Put the base investment back and only play with what you can afford to lose. And don't wait much to do this.

Sadly I think it`s too late to take good advice and he`s already been convinced by the bitcoin echo chamber that the price is on course to $10,000. If he really is 13 (which I have my doubts) this will likely end up as a painful lesson in investing... but hopefully an educational experience nonetheless.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

also its "please tell me i have done well" not "please tell me i have done good"  Tongue

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
xybersurfer

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:27:29 PM

+1
Now you have enough fund by yourself, it's not proper any more to put your parents' fund at risk.
+1
very good advice. you can put back your parents' money and continue investing

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:46:05 PM

I was your age. You weren't mine yet. So I know how you think and I can tell you this:

Open up your computer, open your exchange and put a sell order at spot price that would equal your withdrew school funds BUT DON'T EXECUTE IT YET. Bring your parents, explain them what you did and if they feel uncomfortably at any time execute the order and get the money back. Keep the rest in an offline wallet. Maybe you'll loose half of the coins but you'll win your parents.

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:09:49 AM

thanks.

i think there is potential for a much bigger move into the 4 digits before xmas

but even if btc corrects 80%, i'm strong enough to tough it out.

i'm not scared. and i have decided to sell 0.5btc once we get to $10000 next year.

I wish I'd have your optimism, kid.

tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:59:04 AM

i think there is potential for a much bigger move into the 4 digits before xmas

but even if btc corrects 80%, i'm strong enough to tough it out.

i'm not scared. and i have decided to sell 0.5btc once we get to $10000 next year.

All your 3 sentences are too optimistic, but hopefully your right   Wink
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:31:27 AM

so, i'm not that old, about 13, i don't have a job and i don't have a lot of savings to invest.......

after a huge amount of research, and in a moment of madness i withdraw from my college fund, which is technically mine although its my parents who pay into into it.

i've managed to buy 12 bitcoins. i'll be holding these indefinitely, even if the btc price drops 90%. no trading, although i may sell x amount to cover my expenses if things go well.

please reassure me i've done good?

and is 12 btc a good position?

and no lectures.

thanks

You're in an excellent position. You have more Bitcoins than many of us here and the average human being will have less than 0.1 Bitcoins in their life. Whether Bitcoin goes up to $10,000 or $1 million you will be in a better position.

In the long run it may very well have been a good investment. I would recommend any (adult) friend to consider buying right now.

Since you are a minor, lectures are not optional:

[lecture]
You should have convinced your parents instead of doing it behind their backs. Would I have been your dad, I would have been mad and proud at the same time. These kinds of decisions are for adults. Period.
[/lecture]

Yeah just like we should have convinced our governments instead of doing it behind their backs? I think the kid has balls. Sometimes you gotta make a decision for yourself for your own sake, your own happiness and your own future. This even applies to kids.

He should tell his parents about it 6 months down the road when the price is up and he has secured it beyond their reach.
Mondy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:33:29 AM

Pretty strong balls. Hold them.

sell off 1 or 2 every now and then and buy more!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: