Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you have an MtGox account, what is the verification and withdrawal status of your account presently?
Verified and CAN withdraw bitcoins - 50 (41.3%)
Verified and CAN NOT withdraw bitcoins - 22 (18.2%)
NOT verified and CAN withdraw bitcoins - 12 (9.9%)
NOT verified and CAN NOT withdraw bitcoin - 37 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 121

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox . . . Warning about MtGox . . . TAKE THE NEW POLL!!  (Read 8739 times)
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:30:41 AM

I too have a small amount stuck in there. Fuck you gox

I wonder if there is anyone that reads this thread that has an MtGox account they can withdraw from. I'll put up a survey at the top.

I have a MtGox account that I can withdraw from, but I'm not interested in withdrawing BTC at this point (and I only have a negligible sum of BTC there, I'm pretty much 100% fiat at Gox). EUR withdrawals do work although they're hellishly slow and getting slower. I have one withdrawal in the queue and I expect to receive it in January in the best case. Might be several months later in the worst case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:05:04 PM

I wonder if there is anyone that reads this thread that has an MtGox account they can withdraw from. I'll put up a survey at the top.

I have a MtGox account that I can withdraw from, but I'm not interested in withdrawing BTC at this point (and I only have a negligible sum of BTC there, I'm pretty much 100% fiat at Gox). EUR withdrawals do work although they're hellishly slow and getting slower. I have one withdrawal in the queue and I expect to receive it in January in the best case. Might be several months later in the worst case.

Would you next time rather sell locally? It would probably have less headaches. I never joined an exchange to withdraw fiat. I simply joined to swing trade.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:09:20 PM

Do they still have that stat on their site that 70% of the world bitcoin trades go through them-? It's not showing on my ipad.  Frankly, I'm amazed that they exist still - I open an account and completed the KYC info, but all I've ever heard was what a chore it is to get money out, so I never proceeded in using them.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:36:22 PM

I'm verified, and have made several bitcoin withdrawals over the last few days without any problems.  I think one of them was delayed by like 24 hours, but the rest went through immediately.

USD on the other hand is another story.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:49:31 PM

I wonder how did MtGox still online and trading while they are having so many issues...
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:47:39 PM

We all know USD withdrawal is in limbo, but I have yet to hear a claim of not being honored a BTC withdrawal! It can get 'delayed' and 'tangled' mine took 96 hours but it finally arrived.

They need you verified for whatever reason, well just get verified and you'll get your coins.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:22:30 PM

Would you next time rather sell locally? It would probably have less headaches. I never joined an exchange to withdraw fiat. I simply joined to swing trade.

I'm not really comfortable selling thousands of EUR worth anything to strangers locally. Especially something as shady as BTC.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:27:29 PM

I'm not really comfortable selling thousands of EUR worth anything to strangers locally. Especially something as shady as BTC.

You could also deal with those that will wire you the money. There are people out there, if you look. I know on localbitcoins there are some people with good reputations. The website acts as escrow. So, your bitcoins go into escrow, and the other party wires you money. Once you confirm receipt of the funds, the escrow will release the bitcoins to the other person. Do it a small amount at a time so you don't stress as much - MtGox has done that kind of emotional damage on people. Disclosure: I don't do that, I just have heard that it works. And I'm only in Gox to trade the ups & downs, not to go to fiat.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:14:04 AM

I've been trying to verify my account for ages and each document I send in gets denied. I find it highly doubtful I'll ever see my $1.2K because I've never gotten anything done through an online customer support service, and I have to go through them now. It's funny because each person I talked to said the document I needed to send in, and then it was forwarded an denied. What the fuck? It's next to impossible for me to get a "physical address" (And I went through many things to get documents with my physical address) because I live in a place where there's no UPS, everything foes through USPS, and no mailboxes, as well me living in an apartment where the front door locks so random strangers can't just walk in. MtGox is seriously dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to handling issues. Also for some reason some dip shit customer service agent or AML member re-submitted the same document I sent like 4-5 times and got my account locked from sending in documents. MtGox is a fucking joke, if I don't get my 1.2K I seriously have no hope for Japan's future, because with that kind of logic they'll probably be dead from trying to make a Nuke and blowing up their own country. I hope someone Nuke's Japan again tbh, doesn't seem like they can provide much to the world because they're to confused about how to comprehend a 2nd grade equation. No wonder everybody hated Japan in the 1900's , doesn't seem like they've come to far since then either.

Questions:
How long is ages? How do you know your account is locked from sending in documents - is it stated as such on your login screen?
Are you saying, it is now impossible to verify your account because they won't even accept your paperwork because it is locked?

Do you have to mail in documents? or Do they accept emailed scans of your documents?
Reloaded256

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:33:08 PM

I tried to buy something from a website that gave me a mtgox payment page, I made an account and funded it with .5 BTC. The purchase would not go thru so I just tried to withdraw from Mt.Gox and I get "Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification".
So looks like it's verify or lose it.  Embarrassed  and im going to lose it because i refuse to give them a picture my ID or any type. I can prove my address but they are not getting info that can easily be used to steal my identity. Noobs beware!!! I am a noob and learned the hard way.
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:14:02 AM

At some point when you see enough negative posts, threads and opinions about a certain service it should be common sense to avoid using that if possible.  For most people we passed this point a year or years ago for Mt.Gox.  I still think they get way more customers and volume than they deserve.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

Just did a small transaction person to person with a friend, he sent me the coins, mtgox says it's on the way, nothing on blockchain.

WTF Mark Karpeles?!?! Who's keeping the coins?

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:09:14 AM

Ok, got the funds after 20 hours, but seemed like an eon. This is dodgy business.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:42:08 PM

I have just over 47 BTC in gox and I'm able to deposit and withdraw as normal :/
mishrahsigni

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:41:49 AM

We all know USD withdrawal is in limbo, but I have yet to hear a claim of not being honored a BTC withdrawal! It can get 'delayed' and 'tangled' mine took 96 hours but it finally arrived.

They need you verified for whatever reason, well just get verified and you'll get your coins.

sucks for me, as I can not get verified.  I do not have the papers they demand.  I live extremely off the grid, but up until last week I was able to withdraw bitcoins... today, no.  Does this mean I will never get my coins back!? These guys just became worse than the banks!

AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:53:41 AM

Sounds like PayPal  Roll Eyes

I'll pass.
Rsss

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:53:26 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 09:20:11 PM by Rsss

Can you guys withdraw your btc from mtgox to your wallet in pc?

i am verified, i have limit, i have btc and even when i try to send 1 btc to my wallet, it tells either i exceed daily limit or i dont have enough funds.

i have the btc, no - i did not exceed the daily 1000  btc withdraw limit... my acc is verified...

UPDATE:
(i was noob, the problem was that i had open sell orders... i could withdraw perfectly after i cancelled my sell orders)
||bit (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:16:46 PM

For those that are not verified, but have bitcoins trapped in MtGox:

If a legal case were brought up against MtGox in Tokyo, would you be willing to write a letter which would identify yourself only to be used as evidence for a legal case to sue MtGox? The end result is to force MtGox to allow those with bitcoins in accounts to withdraw them without verification. I'm not even sure why MtGox requires verification when accounts can only deposit and withdraw bitcoins.

Also, would you be willing to pay the lawyer(s) upwards of half of your property recovered, or something like BTC5 - whichever is less?

I'm not so sure this message will be read by many. I might have to add a new survey.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:05:21 PM

MTGOX is insolvent!!!

They have no funds (USD) to send out to customers and good luck trying to withdraw your BTC's. Recently a tech savvy person posted proof that MTGOX was double spending.

Stay clear of them.

false, mtgox made millions upon this month alone. they make a lot of money of their trading fee. more than you think. i think you should take a look at their fees before making any "rational" judgement. mtgox is a bitcoin buying company at the moment until things are resolved.

ok
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:06:10 PM

For those that are not verified, but have bitcoins trapped in MtGox:

If a legal case were brought up against MtGox in Tokyo, would you be willing to write a letter which would identify yourself only to be used as evidence for a legal case to sue MtGox? The end result is to force MtGox to allow those with bitcoins in accounts to withdraw them without verification. I'm not even sure why MtGox requires verification when accounts can only deposit and withdraw bitcoins.

Also, would you be willing to pay the lawyer(s) upwards of half of your property recovered, or something like BTC5 - whichever is less?

I'm not so sure this message will be read by many. I might have to add a new survey.

i doubt that even the japanese people would support your refusal to id yourself as the sole basis of your claim.

what kind of reason would a person have to lose HALF their money in order to just not identify themselves?! how much drugs were you selling!?

i mean i feel what you are saying and i understand your frustrations and annoyance. this is bitcoin- where rules are made up on the spot and you should be glad that mtgox hasn't run away with your coins. however, pursuing a legal case on the sole basis of not wanting to get verified seems ?.

ok
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: