Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:18:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold earlier at $380....  (Read 4969 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

But when to buy back in...dammit.  Should have bought when it dipped to $298.

lmao...
when are poeple going to learn.
only sell BTC when you actually want the dollars

maz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

Op now its 541,000 buy wall between 400 and 402 so yes....unless a WHALE comes along...I see a downtrend to exploit real soon...converesely the whale seller could stay risky and push their sell walls to a higher number such as 450-475ish...good for my longs...all bad for my short.

Good call Tongue

Seriously guys... if you believe in Bitcoin over the long term fuck trading.  Just watch for a year or two.  If, at that point, you notice you are able to see market movements, then maybe start some light trading, but never sell more bitcoins than you are willing to lose.  Until then, keep your bitcoins safe and just watch the show.

You wouldn't believe how many BTC it cost me to learn this lesson.

Such short term memories... so many people saying and thinking, 'this time it's not going to crash, this time it's different.' People were thinking the same way in April. Bottom line is, as soon as a momentum picks up, investors will panic whether they believe in bitcoin long term or not. Everyone wants to buy back in at a cheaper price and nobody wants to catch the dropping knife.

Prices will plummet soon, it's just a question of how much.

This & this.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:29:38 PM

But when to buy back in...dammit.  Should have bought when it dipped to $298.

lmao...
when are poeple going to learn.
only sell BTC when you actually want the dollars

That's exactly my advice too. Last week some dude wanted to buy 1 bitcoin from me. I don't care about euros nor dollars so there was no point for me to just sell him 1 bitcoin at the last week's price. So, I asked him 500$ per btc and he obviously denied. I was damn right asking 500$ however Cheesy because getting the BTCs back from bitstamp would have taken me more than a week due to verification.

This is also why I don't use exchanges any more as they want verification. Fuck that shit. Luckily there's btc-dealer.com and I get my coins from mining anyway.

Long story short - don't sell your coins. Just don't. You can't force "buy low sell high" strategy on a constantly bullish market.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:46:52 PM

But when to buy back in...dammit.  Should have bought when it dipped to $298.
Its over.  You won't get another opportunity for it to dip that low again.  Time to invest in something else. 
Beanie babies perhaps LOL  ... kidding.
ONVO, IRBT, SSYS are all very good suggestions....

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:48:56 PM

Its over.  You won't get another opportunity for it to dip that low again.  Time to invest in something else. 
Beanie babies perhaps LOL  ... kidding.
ONVO, IRBT, SSYS are all very good suggestions....

Or US bonds....  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:10:57 PM

Any oscillator can give you good entry signals in a bull market. I like Stochastic RSI, Saturday evening if you were following StochRSI trended into oversold territory for about an hour giving you that entry point below $300:

Bitcoin did not stay below $300 for long on MtGox, you had to be quick on the trigger to catch the dip at the best price. 
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

Sunday might see 350 again. That said we could be at 500 by friday so 400 might be the low.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:31:36 PM

Sunday might see 350 again. That said we could be at 500 by friday so 400 might be the low.

It's very, very surreal to read that and think "Wow, it would be nice if BTC dropped to $350 so I could buy more..."
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:52:38 PM

It's going to crash again guys.

If we have learned anything, it's that the uber speculators love banking on the sheep that don't know about corrections.

Like they did in April, they will crash this puppy down at least 200 points, so they can buy up some cheaper Bitcoins.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:04:13 PM

If we have learned anything, it's that the uber speculators love banking on the sheep that don't know about corrections.

Like they did in April, they will crash this puppy down at least 200 points, so they can buy up some cheaper Bitcoins.

It's rare to witness a scrap of reality on this forum, so thank you. Judging from the majority of posts here, nobody learned anything from April. Either that or they're all brand new to investing.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

It's rare to witness a scrap of reality on this forum, so thank you. Judging from the majority of posts here, nobody learned anything from April. Either that or they're all brand new to investing.

Bitcoin's infrastructure learned from April.  We are no longer dependent upon one majority trading platform (MtGox). Will we see a correction? Most likely.  It won't be due to one site being under attack from DDoS for days at a time, though.

The real question is whether that correction brings us from $400+ to $200, or from $800+ to $400.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 08:09:12 PM

The question is: who has enough bitcoin to crash the huge buy side?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:46:41 PM

No, we learned alot from 2011 onwards. Bitcoin has never ever crashed below the previous ATH. Right now, this means $266 won't be broken again. So yeah, there might be a correction, to $300 region, quite possibly. But it would be really surprising and "first time ever" for bitcoin to go as low as some people who missed the train want it to - sorry, most probably it won't.

i am satoshi
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:53:18 PM

you wont ,reason people see btc as alternative for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:09:43 PM

you wont ,reason people see btc as alternative for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
How is "you won't" the answer to who has?.
Some people will need fiat when the time comes.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:19:54 PM

Bitcoin is not resistant to speculators buying and selling.

Everyone will be unloading soon, and the price will correct.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:21:47 PM

The more it goes up, the less likely I am to sell. I don't think I'm alone in that view.

Buy & Hold
Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Trying to call a top and/or a bottom is a fools game.

Instead consider where the market is in it's cycle.  Buy during the consolidation phase only.

It could go to 500-700 or even higher in this bubble cycle.  But to buy during this phase of the cycle is a pure ass gamble.

The consolidation phase is easy to recognize in any chart.  Buy in that phase and you'll do just fine.

Forget about trying to call the tops or the bottoms.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:25:26 PM

The more it goes up, the less likely I am to sell. I don't think I'm alone in that view.
I'm also viewing it this way. Makes me want to keep holding onto them.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:27:24 PM

That's fine.

But you will miss out on reposition yourself and buy in cheaper.

That said, people who bought in at $2 or less don't need to do a lot of repositioning  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: