Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto trading tips based on years of experience --- by Raja  (Read 18331 times)
cryptoestimator

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:36:29 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 12:34:43 AM by cryptoestimator

Great post Raja!

Just a quick note to say a friend recently referred me to these guys: Niffler.co

I checked it out, looked cool....I ended up reaching out to them via their contact page and ultimately started talking to one of the founders for about an hour or so....Apparently they are a well funded startup/team that just threw up their landing page not long ago....

Basically they work with both newbies and experienced traders...with newbies, they give them $100k in play dollars...newbies can practice, grow their portfolio using a Live Exchange...once they good (based on a bunch of thresholds) they can start teaching others and make money doing it...Experienced traders should not have too much trouble getting to that point and from there they can start making money...his best description of what they're launching soon is Patreon meets Coinbase, without the risk....

Hope it helps any newbies! Maybe even helps experienced traders make some money too...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

Good run down of tricks and tips there, some of them you read all the time, but a few that should help people trying to build up a decent sized portfolio. The depressing fact is that Bitcoin moving, either up or down, causes most altcoins to drop. Constantly trying to increase my Bitcoin as a percentage of my portfolio, but it's not easy.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:43:18 PM

Actually, I agree with you on some points (Tips). Moreover, the long term of experience is very essential in the field of Trading, and it can help in order to ensure a large proportion of financial profit. many people become disillusioned when they get a great loss (a failed experience) this affects the psychology of some, which leads to the succession and multiple losses, because they did not learn well from those bad experiences.

In fact, I am totally agree with you in the ninth advice , patience is  one of the keys to success in the field of trading, and it is a necessary thing, and Unfortunately, I see many traders are very hasty , and they want to win a large  proportion of money  in an easy and quick way, and this is an  impossible thing and it  may only happen when the trader have a big luck.
Yes.That's when greed also appears in trading.People seem not be satisfied even if they have a great and successful trading a while ago.Mostly in this case,people will not get good rewards if they still pursue another trading activity.I also agree with long years of experience in trading,there is more tendency that you will create a successful trading because of your own expertise that have been developed.

Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:06:29 PM

In situations like the current one, keeping bitcoin is the safest bet. Don't rush on anything, you'll get burnt. Let quality opportunities come to you by themselves.

Remember the pattern of alts vs. bitcoin as shared in the first post of this thread.

19. Always keep in mind the following pattern of BTC & Alts, as seen in past years:

*1) If bitcoin goes up heavily, all alts suffer.
*2) If bitcoin goes down heavily, all alts suffer.
*3) If bitcoin goes up slowly, only low volume alts suffer.
*4) If bitcoin goes down slowly, only volume alts suffer.
*5) If bitcoin stays sideways, every kind of alt grows.
*6) If bitcoin stays sideways for a few weeks (4+), all alts grow and low-volume alts go "absolutely" crazy.

As I said in my last post, during times like the current one, bitcoin is the safest bet. Bitcoin dominance that time, just a few days back was below 36%, now it's 37.5%+. However, once there's enough bloodbath in alts (talking about alts vs. bitcoin pair), entering your favorite alt bit by bit should be a good strategy, like right now, I'm entering little-by-little into NANO.

Just added the new point:

22. If you're going to have a big position in one of the coins, make sure to thoroughly investigate what's going behind the scenes (by joining its Discord or Telegram), else, you might find something suspicious later on which will be very annoying.

This is something very important to keep in mind. Do not have a strong position in a coin which you don't know about very well. Recently, I bought a good amount of NANO, and later on, found that someone (probably the hacker of BitGrail) is dumping a good number of NANO on daily basis:

https://nano.meltingice.net/explorer/account/xrb_3hmcxznhr6edmq14gmwaxwippcjhb5m6fs5633qktk688iysbnq96oyrtbe7

...and at this rate, he'll keep dumping for at least a month more before he gets rid of all the NANO he has. I got to know about this after joining their Discord server. Now, I only have the option of holding (as it's too late to sell now at current ridiculously low price). If I knew about that before, I'd buy now instead of buying a few days back.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:55:27 PM

Added a new point:

23. Book your profits, don't be the one just "hodling" around. Hodling, in my opinion, works out when you're planning to buy something and then leaving it for a few years. If you're trading, it's not an option for you.

Don't be the one who just sits back and looks at the coins getting pumped up, and then, continues to look at their decline. Remember, until and unless you take some profit off of the pump, that pump is actually useless for you.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

10. Never FOMO/panic. Never think "if I hadn't sold it, I'd have been sitting on a million". Never cry over past, only learn from it and don't repeat the same mistake.
In my opinion, this is a main tip in trading. Gathering the own experience and learning from the own mistakes are very important. Of course, the mistakes shouldn't be at all, but the current economic and politic situations in the field of the crypto currencies are changed rapidly, so almost nobody can teach you in the real time how to get a profit with no risk, using a crypto trading. Useful tips!
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:22:09 AM

Added another tip:

Buying an altcoin that just entered a high-volume trading platform is simply a big gamble. Recently, for the very first time, without any analysis, I bought something which was just listed on Binance (QKC). I entered it at 2500 satoshis, as it seemed like it has fallen enough (it already had a fall of 1000 satoshis at the time I tried to catch that falling knife), but the next day (today), I found that it was worth only 1700 satoshis, giving me a heck of decline.

Conclusion: If you're really planning to buy something which you think has dumped enough after a huge pump AND after getting listed at a high-volume trading platform, you better be ready for something awful. It's a pure gamble, by the next day, it can either get a huge dump or an awesome pump. I'd rather play a roll on FortuneJack instead of going for a trade like this ever again.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:46:27 PM

Added another tip:

Buying an altcoin that just entered a high-volume trading platform is simply a big gamble. Recently, for the very first time, without any analysis, I bought something which was just listed on Binance (QKC). I entered it at 2500 satoshis, as it seemed like it has fallen enough (it already had a fall of 1000 satoshis at the time I tried to catch that falling knife), but the next day (today), I found that it was worth only 1700 satoshis, giving me a heck of decline.

Conclusion: If you're really planning to buy something which you think has dumped enough after a huge pump AND after getting listed at a high-volume trading platform, you better be ready for something awful. It's a pure gamble, by the next day, it can either get a huge dump or an awesome pump. I'd rather play a roll on FortuneJack instead of going for a trade like this ever again.
I would also like to add some important tips to your list. First, always look at the market capitalization and not the price of the coin. Many think that they should buy ripple as its price is relatively cheap to Ethereum’s. Second, crypto trading is not just on a daily basis, but on an hourly basis. It’s not everyone that can play this game. Nevertheless you need to consider the amount of time invested in the process
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:59:46 PM

Added another tip:

I would also like to add some important tips to your list. First, always look at the market capitalization and not the price of the coin. Many think that they should buy ripple as its price is relatively cheap to Ethereum’s. Second, crypto trading is not just on a daily basis, but on an hourly basis. It’s not everyone that can play this game. Nevertheless you need to consider the amount of time invested in the process

Nice tip.

Before you buy something new, don't forget to have a look at its total supply & circulating supply. Moreover, make sure that there's not going to be an extreme addition soon into its circulating supply; like unlocking of founders reward or private investor coins can devalue your coin/token too much.

Added.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:14:29 AM

Added another tip:

Nice tip.

Before you buy something new, don't forget to have a look at its total supply & circulating supply. Moreover, make sure that there's not going to be an extreme addition soon into its circulating supply; like unlocking of founders reward or private investor coins can devalue your coin/token too much.

Added.
This is true in case of everything except Bitcoin and the reason behind that is that the limited number of Bitcoin has not stopped it from growing so big. So this limited numbered currency is unstoppable just because it has a limited supply. It has been a decade and more than 50% of the Bitcoin are being owned. Lets say the remaining are purchased in the coming 10 years.

This will make the prices of Bitcoin more than expected because there will be a very high competition for the coin to be bought that are already been purchased which will rise the prices.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:36:11 AM

I just learn history of my trading activity and i want to know what wrong with that, because now iam in loss nearly 50% . And finally i know big my mistake, that is never use stop loss and trailling stop in every trade. So now i have to use it, and exchange that offer this function is only Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex ,Poloniex, Gdax, so now i have to move to these exchange.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

Few more tips added.

This is true in case of everything except Bitcoin and the reason behind that is that the limited number of Bitcoin has not stopped it from growing so big. So this limited numbered currency is unstoppable just because it has a limited supply. It has been a decade and more than 50% of the Bitcoin are being owned. Lets say the remaining are purchased in the coming 10 years.

This will make the prices of Bitcoin more than expected because there will be a very high competition for the coin to be bought that are already been purchased which will rise the prices.

What exactly are you talking about? Max supply of almost every coin is limited.
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

Thank you very much for sharing these tips. honestly learn lots of things from this 2 minutes reads. Thanks again.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:25:39 PM

Thank you very much for sharing these tips. honestly learn lots of things from this 2 minutes reads. Thanks again.

I'm glad I helped someone. Smiley
darasinmi4show

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:58:31 PM

Crypto trading tips based on years of experience yes. However, if you want to make good impact in a particular thing you are doing you need s greater experience. Also, to make profit in cryptosystem you need experience so that you will not get in lose. A good investors learn how to hold during dip than trade.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:49:39 PM

These tips are very useful for experienced traders as well not only for beginners.
Reading tricks and tips helps to become a successful trader as we can avoid making mistakes others
experienced earlier. But reading is not enough, we have to implement them that they become a daily
trading routine in decision making process.
When I started trading long time ago I read many times on many places : just buy on dip and Hodl. Later on I realised
that it is important which coins I am  buying (avoid low-cap and volume ones) as what goes down, does not necessarily go up again.
Some coins can crash completely and never reach OTH (old time highs) again. I learned that on the  hard way.
That time, another surprise  for me  was that Crypto never sleeps  and there are no weekends in trading like on traditional exchanges.

hoosen

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:42:40 AM

It is so delicious I have ported my bookmark here, thank you very much for sharing. The point world real life love was so hilarious, I literally laughed out loud on that. It will hurt you just like real life and love, lol.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:25:21 PM

Two more tips added.

It is so delicious I have ported my bookmark here, thank you very much for sharing. The point world real life love was so hilarious, I literally laughed out loud on that. It will hurt you just like real life and love, lol.

Grin
Rightchoice

Activity: 347

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:43:28 AM

The simplest tip I like to pass out is that NEVER worry about too many things. Just make sure you have your COMMON sense active when it comes to trading decisions. I for one do that only and primarily put focus on the major happening and right now, it’s not hard to say that Chinese markets are on the spot light.

With the recent news regarding no ease in the Chinese Law regarding overseas Bitcoin trading in China, there is a lot that we need to look at!
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:57:52 AM

Crypto trading tips based on years of experience yes. However, if you want to make good impact in a particular thing you are doing you need s greater experience. Also, to make profit in cryptosystem you need experience so that you will not get in lose. A good investors learn how to hold during dip than trade.
I believe the longer years of experiences you have gained,the more you are likely to become successful in crypto trading.But don't expect to make profits in trading at all times because even a professional trader still makes losses,so how much more with the beginners?Trading is like gambling too,sometimes you also need some luck to gain huge profits after you trade.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: