Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of ICOs?  (Read 378 times)
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:22:19 AM

I see the future of ICOs in the dumpster in five years and I will be very happy if it happens. The current ICOs are dirtying the crypto markets with the rampant scams running, most of the projects failing and not even able to survive or come up with a working product. The ICOs are making the new users afraid of crypto currencies who have lost their money in ICOs.
Yes mate I totally agree with you. I suppose the amount of ICO will hopefully decrease 10 or 20 times. Large amount of them are scams and copies of existing projects bringing no creative or new ideas to the community.
And the most evil that they are the reason why cryptocurrencies being considered negative and suspicious.
Also I suppose increasing amount of new coins diversifies the amount of market money greatly and we see money flowing from greater projects to the unknown undefined projects.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:25:15 AM

What do you think is future of ICOs? Where do you see this in next 5 years?

After 5 years that there ICO concluded , I think they are already delisted in exchanges because most of them are successful at first but in long term , no more updates and no more progress or development.

Knowing that more ICOs are now being going through KYC process and probably this will slowly change the system of being unregulated to regulated. With so many scams that has been happening so some people pushed some rules to make it more strictly and probably this will help minimize the number of ICOs that is only created to scam people. So. I think after 5 years there will be so much more changes that will happen.
More_Moon

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:28:48 AM

What do you think is future of ICOs? Where do you see this in next 5 years?
I think it will be more competitive, they will fight over a pool that has been crowded. Only ICO's that have a good strategy will survive, the rest may not be so successful.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:31:34 AM

I think we need more regulations on ICO's and we will see it in future.

We need a platform to avoid scam ICO's to keep people safe from scammers.

So i think more regulations can be added to ICO's in future.

The things you gave us is from some kind of fiction reality, there would be no platform to avoid a scam, just impossible. But more regulations for ICOs sounds good
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:41:01 AM

I think This market has basic coins so It doesn't need new ıcos. We will see more ıcos but few of it will be succesful. I think that we should front to basic coins in market like Eth or ripple because these coins still haven't came real position.

JanuaryStars

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

ICOs aren't going to be as easy to garner attention as they used to be.

I think that we're shifting from unregulated ICOs to regulated ICOs. And the KYC laws surrounding these ICOs are going to pretty strict. In the next 5 years, it should be expected that a lot of big companies come up with their own initial coin offerings as well, just like Telegram is planning on doing.

Overall, expect more regulations in the ICO sphere. It's going to be harder and harder for devs to pitch their ideas across, when they have so many competitors.

Future of ICOs are always threatened and under fire due to a lot of scam projects that are present today. They bring down with them even those good ICOs with high potential to the dirt. Therefore, ICOs in the future will be a little difficult. It will then be inevitable that ICOs in the future will be highly regulated for strict compliance. This works in the best interest of both investors and developers and even bounty hunters. But for the most parts, taxation might be implemented by then.

But this will ensure that legit ICOs will be entertained.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:59:05 AM

Not sure what the future will bring but I hope:

1) ICO's are more regulated, less money-grabs
2) Investment options are much more transparent and not too much focused on raking in $30m in a single round
3) Exchanges will perhaps simply add ICO's to their platform, hence bringing more safety (and functions as a third trusted party).

I wouldn't want to see them gone, and a form of high-risk, high-reward needs to be there, as otherwise no one will buy in anymore...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: