Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Onion Benefits  (Read 828 times)
KennethDarnell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:34:41 AM

every vegetable have benefits and onion is one of then but limitation is always mandatory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavidSalomon

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:57:18 AM

onion is very much good for hair.
5SOLAS

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:36:02 AM

Turns out that onions are nothing to cry over — these flavorful bulbs are packed with nutrients.

"Onions are super-healthy," said Victoria Jarzabkowski, a nutritionist with the Fitness Institute of Texas at the University of Texas at Austin. "They are excellent sources of vitamin C, sulphuric compounds, flavonoids and phytochemicals."

Phytochemicals, or phytonutrients, are naturally occurring compounds in fruits and vegetables that are able to react with the human body to trigger healthy reactions. Flavonoids are responsible for pigments in many fruits and vegetables. Studies have shown that they may help reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease, cardiovascular disease and stroke.

A particularly valuable flavonoid in onions is quercetin, which acts as an antioxidant that may be linked to preventing cancer. “It also might have heart health benefits, though more studies need to be done,” said Angela Lemond, a Plano, Texas-based registered dietitian nutritionist and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

Quercetin has a host of other benefits, as well, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center, reducing the symptoms of bladder infections, promoting prostate health and lowering blood pressure.

Other important phytochemicals in onions are disulfides, trisulfides, cepaene and vinyldithiins. They all are helpful in maintaining good health and have anticancer and antimicrobial properties, according to the National Onion Association.

Partly because of their use in cooking around the world, onions are among the most significant sources of antioxidants in the human diet, according to a 2002 report in the journal Phytotherapy Research. Their high levels of antioxidants give onions their distinctive sweetness and aroma.

“Foods that are high in antioxidants and amino acids allow your body to function optimally,” said Lemond. “Antioxidants help prevent damage, and cancer. Amino acids are the basic building block for protein, and protein is used in virtually every vital function in the body.”

Sulfides in onions contain necessary amino acids. “Sulfur is one of the most common minerals in our body that assists with protein synthesis and building of cell structures,” said Lemond.

"I like to recommend eating onions because they add flavor without salt and sugar," Jarzabkowski said. Onions are low in calories (45 per serving), very low in sodium, and contain no fat or cholesterol. Furthermore, onions contain fiber and folic acid, a B vitamin that helps the body make healthy new cells.

Onions are healthy whether they're raw or cooked, though raw onions have higher levels of organic sulfur compounds that provide many benefits, according to the BBC. A 2005 study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that there is a high concentration of flavonoids in the outer layers of onion flesh, so you'll want to be careful to remove as little of the edible part of the onion as possible when peeling it.

Here are the nutrition facts for onions, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which regulates food labeling through the National Labeling and Education Act.

Nutrition facts
Serving size: 1 medium onion (5.3 oz / 148 g)
Calories: 45 (Calories from Fat: 0)

Amount per serving (%DV*)
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.

Total fat: 0g (0%)

Total Carbohydrate: 11g (4%)
Dietary Fiber 3g (12%)
Sugars 9g     

Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
Sodium: 5mg (0%)
Potassium: 190mg (5%)
Protein: 1g

Vitamin A: (0%)
Vitamin C: (20%)
Calcium: (4%)
Iron: (4%)
larsbalzak

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:44:03 PM

Onion is second best to garlic for your breath.
raphaleee

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:15:01 AM

I like Onion. health benefits includes supporting immune system, preventing cancer, detoxifying the body, aiding antioxidant production, supporting healthy digestion, managing anemia, managing diabetes, supporting hair growth etc.
ps3o

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:24:48 AM

Onion is good for your breath.
All vegetables have a good benefit for you.
Armmor

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

The phytochemicals in onions that scavenge free radicals may also reduce your risk of developing gastric ulcers, according to the National Onion Association. The chromium in onions assists in regulating blood sugar. The sulfur in onions helps lower blood sugar by triggering increased insulin production.

Onion juice with sugar also can cure your cold
My mother use this to cure me if she use antibiotics I will never receive present level of resistance
ervinjr

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

I dont know what benefits do onion have..but I usually eat plenty of them  Grin
Santri95

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:40:02 PM

Benefits of garlic for health
1. Prevent cancer
2. Treating lung infections
3. Lowering high blood pressure
4. Eradicate bad cholesterol
Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 02:04:59 PM

soğan suyunu kaynatıp içtiğinizde  altı ayda bir 15 gün kullanıldığında vucutta bulunan iltihap ve böbreklerde bulunan ufak mm kistleri yok edermiş. ben denedm vucudumda bi rahatlama oldu sabahları aç karnına içilecek.

This article which was started by the OP is very useful for us to know together, but you give a response in your own language, please use English so we can understand your mean.

NOIZ
- A decentralized cognitive ad network -  (https://noizchain.com/)
Rindu_Adelia

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:01:03 PM

Prevent cancer. How to Make Natural Bengkoang Masks that Make White Luster, treat lung infections, reduce high blood pressure
eradicate bad cholesterol, and treat vaginal discharge Grin
prestigio74

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

This helpful information thanks.  I really love the onions in almost all of his cooking methods!

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Sexteh

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:12:56 AM

The phytochemicals in onions that scavenge free radicals may also reduce your risk of developing gastric ulcers, according to the National Onion Association. The chromium in onions assists in regulating blood sugar. The sulfur in onions helps lower blood sugar by triggering increased insulin production.

Heart health, Anti-inflammatory, Immune system, Anti-Cancer, Good Digestion, Regulating blood sugar, improves Bone density in older women.
rohitkaira

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:38:44 AM

Thank you guys, very informative. In some parts of the world people consume onions specially in summer time or during heat waves, onions are helpful in coping summers or heat waves.
karzjoe

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

I was aware of the benefits of onions when I was in college and it was proven to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, after that I started looking for and reading other benefits of onions and it was amazing, you need to consume onions for health
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:27:37 AM

Onions are one of a kind, they helps in hair growth.
AsleepControl

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:41:46 AM

I also like onions. I knew that it has been used for medicinal purposes before so yeah I eat plenty of it. It is good for curing congestion just by hanging it and cutting it in half. The next day, my nose is clear.
baby1moretime

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

Onions are popular in family meals, are beneficial to health when boosting immunity, curing insomnia and good for digestion.
@boy76et

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:48:59 AM

They said onions help decrease weight.
larsbalzak

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:28:47 PM

Onion, garlic, honey, lemon juice all are good for fighting cancer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: