Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody had reliable buys with TechnoBit.eu  (Read 2660 times)
JEBs (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in some mining HW from http://technobit.eu, but I'm in doubt if it's scam (or whatever kind of sham).
I already read tons of past (or running) buys here in the forums, but beside of some technical quirks, I couldn't identified if anybody ended up in a pleasured trade with TechnoBit.

I also tried to contact them with my open questions. Once by their website-contact-page and some days later once more via their official mail address, but without any response.
Also their website's legit informations or EU- VAT regulating numbers (which are mandatory in the EU) aren't filled  Undecided.

Huam... while writing this post it sounds like I answered my question by myself isn't it ?!  Shocked There seems to nothing as it should  Sad

However, if there's anybody who can tell me some experience with them, please answer!
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:29:16 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212031.0

You can find this by just typing "technobit" in the search from the main page.....

You can always pay with paypal/creditcard and charge your money back if they don't deliver. The usual scammer won't accept these payment methods because of this and they'll only accept bitcoin payments (and then disappear). It's a great thing this chargeback. For example, I ordered with BFL in 03-2013 and didn't receive anything up till the end of September, so I started a chargeback and received my money within 2 days. Of course BFL started whining and trying to get the money again, but too bad, they didn't succeed Smiley

Anyway back to technobit, they look quite legit to me. A week ago I took the risk and ordered with them (some HEX16A2 and some USB miners for resell), so now it's wait and see. Just maek sure you pay with paypal, or even better, paypal linked to a creditcard with customer protection for online buying (mine is Mastercard btw)
kronus87

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:56:35 PM

There is a Technobit thread, looks like Marto74 is an owner of Technobit, he seems to be responding to shipping/product concerns quite regularly. I gotta get out of this newbie status to contact him about my order, it was supposed to ship by today and I'v heard nothing.
Here's the thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212031.0
Melb

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:49:42 PM

Yes I too have to kick this newbie status - far too limiting and cannot ask the right questions in the right place  Embarrassed
I placed an order with Technobit on 10th and it only just changed to 'shipped' - although the DPD tracking number is not known on the .uk DPD site... I have sent a couple of questions via their website - but never had a response... I just want to know the current consumption of one of their 24GH/S Avalon 2 boards in preparation - but cannot post on the right thread...
I will post back here when (if) the order arrives...

Melb
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:12:05 PM

If you get your item come back an tell us in Custom Hardware section, a few people have given feedback saying they got their item.

As I believe, from their e-mails, there was a delay in getting parts for November orders, December order should be on time.

Good luck. I have a December order. I couldn't find anyone cheaper with a better reputation in the EU. So lets hope we all get what we ordered.  Wink I will be defiantly be buying there again if my order arrives.

kronus87

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

See, I can understand if hardware doesn't get in on time, but I ordered with them because they listed that they had 46 of the fully assemblied 40gh/s bitfury boards in stock. I assumed that meant no preorder delays that most companies have had. I'm not worried about the cost since I paid via paypal, but in crypto currency land time is money! Difficulty is going to start jumping big once fast hash and other 28nm chips start hitting the market.
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:45:33 AM

I have just received my Nanofury USB miner from TechnoBit, so he does really supply goods.

Just need to figure out how to get it working now.

Tried bfgminer 3.7.0 as I saw somewhere else in this forum but no go. Does it need some kind of Windows USB driver?

Melb

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:16:55 AM

Blueman666 What date did you order your Nano? Also I note that CGMiner seems to get more support for the Technobit products... But I have a feeling that BFGMiner may need to be a later version for support? Alas until I receive mine I cannot give a personal experience... But I have compiled BFG and CG on a Sheevaplug - so this may be my longterm miner of choice...

Kronus is right... Time is money (literally)... To indicate that something is 'in stock' when it has not been built is not good business practice.. That said, how many other hardware manufacturers say the same - or give you a pre order date that is not even close? So lets hope those 400GH/S+ units due early new year are delayed equally  Smiley.

Melb
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:11:07 AM

I have just received my Nanofury USB miner from TechnoBit, so he does really supply goods.

Just need to figure out how to get it working now.

Tried bfgminer 3.7.0 as I saw somewhere else in this forum but no go. Does it need some kind of Windows USB driver?

Usually USB miners take zadig's USB driver (google it or get it from the CGminer site)
Also, CGminer seems to be more up-to-date with newer miners than BFG
kronus87

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:21:18 PM

Blueman666 What date did you order your Nano? Also I note that CGMiner seems to get more support for the Technobit products... But I have a feeling that BFGMiner may need to be a later version for support? Alas until I receive mine I cannot give a personal experience... But I have compiled BFG and CG on a Sheevaplug - so this may be my longterm miner of choice...

Kronus is right... Time is money (literally)... To indicate that something is 'in stock' when it has not been built is not good business practice.. That said, how many other hardware manufacturers say the same - or give you a pre order date that is not even close? So lets hope those 400GH/S+ units due early new year are delayed equally  Smiley.

Melb

Very good point, If there are this many delay's getting an old 65nm 40gH/s machine out the door, hopefully the 28nm 400gH/s's will be delayed even longer. Who knows maybe the promised specs will end up like BUtterfly lab's first 500Gh/s system, lol they didn't even come close to hitting there advertised numbers.  Lips sealed
I did just get a PM reply from Marto Cheesy, he said my order should be shipping in the next week, they apparently had a parts issue that has now been sorted out. Lesson learned is if you want to get a status update you'll be better off with a msg on here rather than on technobit's website. 
Melb

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

I will post back here when (if) the order arrives...

I actually have 2 orders placed... And 2 tracking numbers

When I check the speedy.bg site the order that said 'shipped' first on the Technobit order has changed to:-

"canceled SYSTEM RETURN"  on speedy.bg tracking  Roll Eyes.

My order which said shipped a couple of days later has apparently reached Germany according to tracking...

I PM'd Marto about what was happening regarding the order that has canceled and he was going to look into this today - as yet no response.

I have left a few messages through the Technobit site but I suspect these are not monitored as I have never had a response via that route.

Fingers crossed on at least one order before Christmas...

Melb
Blueman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:48:11 PM

I ordered on 16th Nov and it arrived on the 30th. The tracking number never said anything but unknown number on the DPD website.
otsaku

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:18:31 PM

Hi all

I'm trying to place an order with them but getting no replies to emails...

A few of you have problems with DPD tracking numbers - I have had the same problem with DPD several times but the goods always turn up within a reasonable amount of time.

DPD in denmark told me that crossing borders can mess with their system and to always use the dpd website of the country you ordered from.

quick edit: cookietrail is a great website to follow any packages with most couriers.

Melb

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:20:17 PM

One of my orders turned up yesterday  Smiley

DPD UK never had the tracking info for me... I used www.speedy.bg as they hold the tracking numbers at the Bulgaria end - there is a small link in the top right for the English version.

Melb
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:34:21 PM

DPD UK never had the tracking info for me... I used www.speedy.bg as they hold the tracking numbers at the Bulgaria end - there is a small link in the top right for the English version.

Melb

Care to share with us what your order (or actually, payment) date was and what you've ordered?

I see many people asking about order updates but marto74 is too busy I guess to answer all questions.
Melb

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:13:50 PM

Melb

Care to share with us what your order (or actually, payment) date was and what you've ordered?

I see many people asking about order updates but marto74 is too busy I guess to answer all questions.

2xHEX16A2 (one for a friend) and a few Nano's - ordered 10th November

I had a problem with the other order (on 13th) - this was returned 'canceled'... Marto74 promised to UPS them to me (that was a couple of days ago)... I think he must be very busy (best to PM him) - but he does eventually deliver and as he is in the EU this saves the VAT hit of 20% + import taxes here in the UK if we order from the US/outside of the EU.

Melb
Jeffrey

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:32:42 AM

Thanks.

I have 3 orders, 15-11, 20-11 and 28-11, all for hex16a2 boards.
So seeing your order from the 13th has been shipped I expect my first order also to be shipped soon.
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:50:57 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm interested in some mining HW from http://technobit.eu, but I'm in doubt if it's scam (or whatever kind of sham).
I already read tons of past (or running) buys here in the forums, but beside of some technical quirks, I couldn't identified if anybody ended up in a pleasured trade with TechnoBit.

I also tried to contact them with my open questions. Once by their website-contact-page and some days later once more via their official mail address, but without any response.
Also their website's legit informations or EU- VAT regulating numbers (which are mandatory in the EU) aren't filled  Undecided.

Huam... while writing this post it sounds like I answered my question by myself isn't it ?!  Shocked There seems to nothing as it should  Sad

However, if there's anybody who can tell me some experience with them, please answer!

1 (one) HEX16A2 ordered on technobit web site. Everything went very fine.

2013-11-05               Payment accepted
2013-11-28               Shipped
2013-12-04 morning        Delivered
2013-12-04 evening         Running and mining at 23 Gh/s on windows7 using their software Hex Miner 1.0.0.2 on eligius pool

Probably I am planning to order a new unit in the following weeks...
Melb

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:42:20 AM

Melb

I had a problem with the other order (on 13th) - this was returned 'canceled'... Marto74 promised to UPS them to me (that was a couple of days ago)... I think he must be very busy (best to PM him) - but he does eventually deliver and as he is in the EU this saves the VAT hit of 20% + import taxes here in the UK if we order from the US/outside of the EU.

Melb

One week on - I am still waiting - given that UPS Express quote 1 day from Sofia to London I think it stands to reason that my order was not sent out 4th December... But as I have not received an updated UPS tracking number (as I have requested twice) then there is no way of knowing what (if anything) is going on. I notice quite a few on another thread have said that their orders have gone to the Speedy courier only to be 'canceled' (system returned) a couple of days later. The people that have experienced this seem to be Nanofury orders. The reality is that couriers do not 'cancel' for no reason and I am cynically thinking that they have been in fact been canceled by Technobit themselves to fulfill other orders. Of course I hope to be wrong on this one but the fact is that whilst there is only black hole (one way communications) with Technobit/Marto74 there is no way of knowing what is going on. I have PM'd twice in the last few days and given up hoping to get a response via the Technobit site. I will wait a couple more days and if nothing it will be a strongly worded message requesting a refund. Failing this it will of course be chargeback time.

Melb
oO0ooO0o

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:18:36 AM

Melb

Melb

One week on - I am still waiting - given that UPS Express quote 1 day from Sofia to London I think it stands to reason that my order was not sent out 4th December... But as I have not received an updated UPS tracking number (as I have requested twice) then there is no way of knowing what (if anything) is going on. I notice quite a few on another thread have said that their orders have gone to the Speedy courier only to be 'canceled' (system returned) a couple of days later. The people that have experienced this seem to be Nanofury orders. The reality is that couriers do not 'cancel' for no reason and I am cynically thinking that they have been in fact been canceled by Technobit themselves to fulfill other orders. Of course I hope to be wrong on this one but the fact is that whilst there is only black hole (one way communications) with Technobit/Marto74 there is no way of knowing what is going on. I have PM'd twice in the last few days and given up hoping to get a response via the Technobit site. I will wait a couple more days and if nothing it will be a strongly worded message requesting a refund. Failing this it will of course be chargeback time.

Melb

That doesn't look good...maybe I should look at other places Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: