Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BTC crash date (back to around $100)  (Voting closed: November 20, 2013, 08:26:39 PM)
wont crash - 53 (54.1%)
crash within 3 days - 8 (8.2%)
crash after 7 days - 15 (15.3%)
between 3-7 days - 11 (11.2%)
more than a month - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC crash poll  (Read 2440 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:14:31 PM

So wait. Bulls got lots of solid reasons for why the price will keep going up, and bears have... "i want to buy for cheap"? Is that really it? That would be... disappointing.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BarkinTree

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:17:47 PM

One more time. Bitcoin spreading from the nerd/speculator stage to the mainstream. The more people use it, the less volatile, and there are no obvious problems on the horizon. So, why, precisely, do all you crashers think it is going to crash? Please explain.
that's not how markets work. the price didnt go up 700% in several weeks based on adoption. this is driven by massive speculation. this rally has also taken us very, very far from the historic trend line. it is difficult to see how this could be considered sustainable. the things you are stating are not actually tangible -- sure, they are happening, but this is vastly being overstated by many because of the exuberance of the rally. at some point, this exuberance becomes quite irrational.

can you actually provide a basis for saying that bitcoin is going "mainstream"? personally, i think we are very, very far from that. i also think that if bitcoin ever gets mainstream, we will be talking about it when prices are multiple magnitudes higher than now.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:29:36 PM

More precisely, starting to go mainstream. Wider news coverage, average joes buying, multiple large exchanges so any one of them going down won't upset the entire market, SR proving that drugs are not what's underpinning the system, big players talking about getting on board. I don't even know what it is you are asking. It's spreading, every day and it's becoming increasingly obvious.

And as for speculators, they have no interest in actually crashing the market - just in increasing their profits on the way up. Any hypothetical person or group who could crash the market, won't. There is too much money in it in the coming years for that.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

The crash is coming within 7 days and we'll go well under $300 then settle around $250.  Cool
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:37:54 PM

The crash is coming within 7 days and we'll go well under $300 then settle around $250.  Cool

Are you willing to take a bet on whether it will go under $300 within the coming seven days?

nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:45:42 PM

One more time. Bitcoin spreading from the nerd/speculator stage to the mainstream. The more people use it, the less volatile, and there are no obvious problems on the horizon. So, why, precisely, do all you crashers think it is going to crash? Please explain.
that's not how markets work. the price didnt go up 700% in several weeks based on adoption. this is driven by massive speculation. this rally has also taken us very, very far from the historic trend line. it is difficult to see how this could be considered sustainable. the things you are stating are not actually tangible -- sure, they are happening, but this is vastly being overstated by many because of the exuberance of the rally. at some point, this exuberance becomes quite irrational.

can you actually provide a basis for saying that bitcoin is going "mainstream"? personally, i think we are very, very far from that. i also think that if bitcoin ever gets mainstream, we will be talking about it when prices are multiple magnitudes higher than now.

Not all the increase of price is speculation. Recent china events also mean increased adoption.
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

I think it won't crash because many high profile companies will jump on the bitcoins bandwagon in the coming months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: