Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:35:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical mass may have been hit, the sky is the limit  (Read 4390 times)
kokojie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:47:38 PM

The difference between past bubbles and this one, is that critical mass may have been hit for Bitcoin to go viral, if this is true, then this bubble truly has no limits, everyone will be panic buying, and the busboy at your favorite restaurant will be soon talking about investing in the "magic internet money" known as Bitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:49:04 PM

How do you come to this conclusion?

Nope... we are far from critical mass.  More technology has to be in place for that tipping point to be reached.
billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 08:49:34 PM

I just don't know any more... This is f-ing crazy

BTC - 1MarkBCmVn3yp1SB9RZZ7VfqJzkpV8Hmdo
BitMessage - BM-GtZkeAbmKGs77FEoigm9TmsQBSfvMB3N
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

Just don't cry when you see a 50%+ move to the downside. It's like from one bubble to the next everyone catches amnesia.

Elon Krusky
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008

WePower.red

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:53:55 PM

Yea probably the critical mass was hit last saturday when i told my girlfriend that I am into Bitcoin.
the_sunship

Activity: 230

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:56:17 PM

now I know why they call bitcoin the honeybadger of currency

for the few who haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

kokojie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

Nope... we are far from critical mass.  More technology has to be in place for that tipping point to be reached.

What technologies were needed for the Tulip mania to come about? technology is not important, we have a revolutionary product, much like the web. When the dotcom bubble happened, the technology were much poorer than today.

I'd say such a bubble can only happen in early stage of development, because of the mystery surrounding it and not many people can truly understand it. But not so early that only a few thousand people knew about it.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Idaho

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:59:12 PM

You mean we are at the "new paradigm" stage?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:00:27 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 09:31:47 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I'd say such a bubble can only happen in early stage of development, because of the mystery surrounding it and not many people can truly understand it. But not so early that only a few thousand people knew about it.

So in 2009 was housing not in a bubble or was the concept of housing in the early stage of development with only a few thousand people aware of the "new technology" of using walls and a roof to protect humans from the elements?

Sorry man but outside of the standard daily trolls, that has to be the silliest thing I heard today.
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:00:35 PM

What technologies were needed for the Tulip mania to come about? technology is not important, we have a revolutionary product, much like the web. When the dotcom bubble happened, the technology were much poorer than today.

You've gotta put yourself in the heads of the average Walmart shopper.  Try to get them to use Bitcoin... are you kidding me?  Not with current technology.  It's only a matter of time before they lose their coins.

Not until the technology is in place for the average Walmart shopper to use it effortlessly will Bitcoin hit mass adoption.

We are far from it.... which means if you're not stupid enough to buy in the middle of bubble cycles (like now), and buy on the dips only, you'll make out like a bandit for years to come.
the_sunship

Activity: 230

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

i think of this more like gold rather than currency (has attributes of both). Currency can be printed indefinitely, but this has limited supply.

bitcoin seems to be a hybrid of technology IPO, Gold, and Currency. It's unique and it's highly in demand because people are recognizing that it's a revolutionary idea. 
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:22:51 PM

I don't see any mass use yet.

A lot of people know about Bitcoin now but are not investing.

cjgames.com
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:26:06 PM

Critical mass? Viral? Nah, we got a long time to wait for that. This is a speculative frenzy. And it's fucking great. I don't care for new paradigm talk, though.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:29:41 PM

You've gotta put yourself in the heads of the average Walmart shopper.  Try to get them to use Bitcoin... are you kidding me?  Not with current technology.

Have you seen the self checkout isles? Those are far harder to use than a smartphone bitcoin wallet.

Buy & Hold
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:31:10 PM

Wat tech need to be in place?Huh
a wallet on a computer?
a wallet on a smartphone?
a bitcoin bank machine ?
a easy bitcoin vendor system?
Its all in place.
The local family "nerd" can run the wallet for the indian/african/arabic/chineese family
A nice linux distro will do perfectly as wallet server.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:31:13 PM

Maybe the ciritical mass on Gox?
Take a look at the trend of the yellow line.

http://blockchained.com/depth_mtgox.png
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:32:13 PM

You've gotta put yourself in the heads of the average Walmart shopper.  Try to get them to use Bitcoin... are you kidding me?  Not with current technology.

Have you seen the self checkout isles? Those are far harder to use than a smartphone bitcoin wallet.
What? Really? Self-checkout is incredibly easy. People can wrap their heads around that a billion times easier than bitcoin. More importantly, UI for virtually all bitcoin apps leaves VERY VERY much to be desired for the average user.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

You've gotta put yourself in the heads of the average Walmart shopper.  Try to get them to use Bitcoin... are you kidding me?  Not with current technology.  It's only a matter of time before they lose their coins.

Not until the technology is in place for the average Walmart shopper to use it effortlessly will Bitcoin hit mass adoption.

We are far from it.... which means if you're not stupid enough to buy in the middle of bubble cycles (like now), and buy on the dips only, you'll make out like a bandit for years to come.

http://bitcoinsafety.com/

well Maby theese are not teh first to step in , but what about a ritch indian family who knows the dollar had its lngest time...
and yes if you put only a little amount in your phone wallet notting is wrong Smiley
you can loose your normal wallet too.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:42:01 PM

You mean we are at the "new paradigm" stage?

I would argue for delusion here, I mean come on... lol
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:04:38 PM

Just don't cry when you see a 50%+ move to the downside. It's like from one bubble to the next everyone catches amnesia.

Back to $200 coins like...12 days ago?  Oh no.  I'm so scared.  SELL SELL SELL.    Roll Eyes

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: