Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical mass may have been hit, the sky is the limit  (Read 4390 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:01:06 AM

I don't see any mass use yet.

A lot of people know about Bitcoin now but are not investing.

Not critical mass of use yet- but critical mass in the media. EVERYBODY is talking about.
Every newspaper, every TV station that talks about economy, every magazine, blog.. you name it

Even my 80 yr old father  asked me to explain what it is.
( he read about it in Time Magazine in the article about the darknet)

We just need the development of hardware/software to catch up and make it EASY to use and keep safely.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:37:02 AM

Hm, maybe a critical mass of sorts has been hit after all.
 Smiley

Check out this report from in-person bitcoin purchases in Vancouver:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qlulv/went_to_buy_10k_of_bitcoin_today_lineups/

cjgames.com
Odrec

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:09:02 PM

How do you come to this conclusion?

Nope... we are far from critical mass.  More technology has to be in place for that tipping point to be reached.

Yep, the infrastructure surrounding bitcoin is still not robust enough.

calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:12:11 AM

I heard Vancouver's getting 5 more ATMs. When will the other cities of the world catch up?
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:58:09 PM

I personally would say this is the beginning stages of critical mass.  Not that many people of all age groups acquiring bitcoin IMO.  There is still going to be volatile swings in the price but I'm very optimistic of the coming months for sure. 

Nice to here others opinion on the topic though lets hope more people adopt BTC and cancel out all the scammers trying to steal them.

kokojie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:41:45 PM

I personally would say this is the beginning stages of critical mass.  Not that many people of all age groups acquiring bitcoin IMO.  There is still going to be volatile swings in the price but I'm very optimistic of the coming months for sure.  

Nice to here others opinion on the topic though lets hope more people adopt BTC and cancel out all the scammers trying to steal them.

Yes this is what I'm saying, this is the beginning of critical mass. My 60 year old parents in-law has independently heard about Bitcoin, without me ever telling them. They have nearly no technical knowledge, they just read news. They asked me what Bitcoin was, and were very surprised to hear that I was already in Bitcoin for over 2 years.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: