Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:56:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am buying BTC and hold them and even forget about them and in 4 years...  (Read 5405 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:08:36 PM

I hope you are rich then.  It may work.  I think that if people are content to hold onto their bitcoins and not sell them then that will help the price overall.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:22:11 PM

just look at it as a lottery ticket, but with better odds than the actual lotto system.
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:25:53 AM

I am buying BTC and hold them and even forget about them and in 4 or 5 years will look back and see what happened to them.

What do you think about this strategy?

How much do you think each BTC will cost in 5 years?

I will try to buy at least 20 or 40 BTC

Will I be rich in 5 years?

Yes you will be rich in 5 years, but the good question is, will you remember it after 5 years?

MileyJohanson
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:44:12 AM

I am buying BTC and hold them and even forget about them and in 4 or 5 years will look back and see what happened to them.

Just wondering what are the method you are going to use to remind yourself after 4-5 years...

MarketTime

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

Good idea, the value might go 10x of what is today.....
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:56:08 PM

At this time in 5 years you will be a millioner Smiley

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:17:29 PM

in 3 years, those bitcoins are worth the value of 10 mils usd now , you still keep them

2 days before the 4 year anniversary ,you get sick or you have a car accident. (god help not)  , but your coins value 15 mils.

Now really , are those extra 5 mils on top of the other 10 more valuable than 12 months of living normally?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bythesea

Activity: 172
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:56:40 PM

Doesn't sound like such a good idea. You could end up with 1million $ or 0$. Or you may even lose your wallet(s) in the meantime  Undecided
However, this would've worked a lot better if you did it when BTC was 1$  Tongue

So what you are saying is that BTC is not gonna go up more, that is going down and is not worth it anymore?Huh?

I really do not agree with you I thinl btc will hit th 10,000 with in 1 to 2 years...

And how did you based your predictions? On what? Tomorrow will probably be the D-day for Bitcoin future when Senate decides ( and most likely it will ) what to do with them. If they give green light price might go to 1000+ in matter of minutes/hours and if they say that everyone who uses them is a terrorist, a threat to national security the price will drop... So you can double your money by Monday evening if you are willing to risk....
leogdesouza

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:28:10 PM

Doesn't sound like such a good idea. You could end up with 1million $ or 0$. Or you may even lose your wallet(s) in the meantime  Undecided
However, this would've worked a lot better if you did it when BTC was 1$  Tongue

So what you are saying is that BTC is not gonna go up more, that is going down and is not worth it anymore?Huh?

I really do not agree with you I thinl btc will hit th 10,000 with in 1 to 2 years...

And how did you based your predictions? On what? Tomorrow will probably be the D-day for Bitcoin future when Senate decides ( and most likely it will ) what to do with them. If they give green light price might go to 1000+ in matter of minutes/hours and if they say that everyone who uses them is a terrorist, a threat to national security the price will drop... So you can double your money by Monday evening if you are willing to risk....

I had no idea about this..
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

This is a good implementation of the classic buy-and-hold strategy.

Yes you will be rich   Cheesy - most of the appreciation will occur in the next 48 months according to my logistic analysis of bitcoin prices. Put 40 BTC into dukong's ranking calculator to see where you would stand with regard to other holders.

http://btc.ondn.net/search

Please take security seriously. I created a paper wallet from bitaddress.org and put it in my safe deposit box. Then you can forget about it.

No you will not be rich

Bitcoin is still a gamble, and a gamble that could go wrong.  Current growth rates are NOT organic, they are a result of media hype leading newbies like you into buying thousands of $s worth thinking he will be rich in 5 years.  If we all buy to hold there will be a monumental crash. 

However, bitcoin does have the potential to make you rich.  Growth can be organic, it can be used worldwide, and it can become the most widely used medium of exchange on the internet.  But don't think its a get rich scheme guaranteed.  Theres a reason the most financially rich and financially smart people in the world haven't got involved yet.
bythesea

Activity: 172
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:23:48 PM

This is a good implementation of the classic buy-and-hold strategy.

Yes you will be rich   Cheesy - most of the appreciation will occur in the next 48 months according to my logistic analysis of bitcoin prices. Put 40 BTC into dukong's ranking calculator to see where you would stand with regard to other holders.

http://btc.ondn.net/search

Please take security seriously. I created a paper wallet from bitaddress.org and put it in my safe deposit box. Then you can forget about it.

No you will not be rich

Bitcoin is still a gamble, and a gamble that could go wrong.  Current growth rates are NOT organic, they are a result of media hype leading newbies like you into buying thousands of $s worth thinking he will be rich in 5 years.  If we all buy to hold there will be a monumental crash. 

However, bitcoin does have the potential to make you rich.  Growth can be organic, it can be used worldwide, and it can become the most widely used medium of exchange on the internet.  But don't think its a get rich scheme guaranteed.  Theres a reason the most financially rich and financially smart people in the world haven't got involved yet.

This sums it all... People who are new to this think they will become millions if the current trend of price rising stays. Greed will be peoples downfall. I know few people that are sitting on 2k+ coins and they are waiting for 2000$+ to sell....
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:29:22 PM

you could have a great profit or 0$ in 5 years. IT depends how many ppl will use it in 5 years

donbu7 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:39:57 PM

And what would be a good number of BTC to hold for 4 years?
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:04:11 AM

Are you 7?  You JUST started a thread saying you are done with BTC and giving your coins away.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:15:21 AM

Just wondering what are the method you are going to use to remind yourself of the password after 4-5 years...

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:45:42 AM

Can`t help but laugh at those on here who take it for granted that bitcoin investing equals guaranteed returns year after year like they`ve found a money tree. Past growth is no guarantee of future performance, this whole thing could tank in the next year or two if insufficient new investors don`t come forward, and you`d be stuck holding the bag.

Of course, by then, maybe a second rally would start up, but who can say. I half think the OP was joking, `I`m going to buy this high risk asset and just sit on it for 5 years. What do you think? Good idea?` Sorry if you were serious, no offense intended.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:53:39 AM

Are you 7?  You JUST started a thread saying you are done with BTC and giving your coins away.

Haha, make that ignore highlight burn!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:59:39 AM

Just wondering what are the method you are going to use to remind yourself of the password after 4-5 years...

Perhaps QR Code Photo ... Smiley
Or a favourite song ...
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:03:52 PM

~100 BTC should be everyones goal, with the idea of spending 10% per year to help grow the Bitcoin economy.

Get a 2nd job, or sell your car and take public transportation or get a super cheap 1990s car for the next 2 years.

Dont buy that latte everyday. Save your pennies and put it into crypto - BTC and LTC. 

As BTC goes up in USD value, even if you spend 10% per year you will still see your total USD value go way up and you wont ever run out of coins.

But we cant just horde them people, the economy wont work that way. We must spend a % of our coins for all this to work.

sounds like a good idea.

take a look here:

http://www.bitcoinblackfriday.com/

mattessow

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:22:16 PM

It's really good idea! If I had this money I would do that! There is always risk you can loose but it's everywhere! Good luck with that! Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: