Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?  (Read 1227 times)
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:14:59 AM

Holding a good coin will always make you huge profit you can never imagine. Holders always enjoy big profits and holding for one year it will even give you more profit you could imagine then holding for weeks or few months. Holding is good but it depends on coin.

sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:28:20 AM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

If you had been holding cryptocurrencies for 12 months and had made right decisions during that time it is all right. Prices has grown immensely. But telling the truth they failed significantly after.
Tony alex pepe

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:40:17 AM

No. I have been holding ETH and I am losing profit.
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:43:57 AM

Hodling increase the chance of catching bull market. If someone was not but at the ATH, he/she certainly make a profit for hodling.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:54:52 AM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?
just holding coins doesnt mean that you are guaranteed to make a profit, you have to keep an eye on it, even if you hold a coin with how many months, as long as you missed the chance to sell on its peak, you are not gonna have any profit.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:20:38 AM

Very few people can hold 6-12 months. They are often psychologically when the coin goes up or down. That psychology can make them sell their pennies. if they can hold in that time. They can make a lot of profit maybe x2 or x3
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:23:35 AM

Anyone who has being holding, starting from last 6-12 months has already made a huge amount of profit. Even if the price the price took a 45% dip, they are still at profit since the price was way lower 12 months ago. Holding for 3 months and making 3x profit is not actually bad. Follow your own intuition, might help you a lot.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:24:56 AM

I held Antshares ($ANS) which is now ($NEO). Bought it under a $ and it crossed $100, the time span was around 11 months.
I guess this is enough information for your question.   Wink
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:51:15 AM

just holding coins doesnt mean that you are guaranteed to make a profit

This is so true on many levels. Before, when I was into trading, I kept making bad decisions which continues further because of me being impatient. So, I did try other methods and move on to Plan B, which is holding. I started with alts that has low price believing that its value will sky rocket as days goes by. It feels so good when I see those green arrows when I am monitoring my portfolio daily. My biggest mistake in holding is not setting up a target range to determine when to exit those coins that I hold. In the end, instead of gaining BTCs that can be worth thousand of dollars (from a hundred starting investment), I only gain a couple of bucks which I fully regret up to this day.
lolchina

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:00:41 AM

Of course we did just look at last year if you were hodling pretty much any coin you could see it going x20,it really didnt made any difference because everything was pumped.Now this might work only if you buy in on the projects that looks promising and that are still in the early stages of development so the price is low enough
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:09:27 AM

Of course we have so many success stories, just holding cryptocurrency long enough to realize their profit, in fact, those holding for over a year are those who made a lot of profit we can see on those litecoin ethereum and other coins who holds for over a year.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
amadorj76

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:53:47 AM

Holding a good coin will always make you huge profit you can never imagine. Holders always enjoy big profits and holding for one year it will even give you more profit you could imagine then holding for weeks or few months. Holding is good but it depends on coin.

I'm not sure if holding bitcoins for this long period can really gives us big profit, I am doing this kind of thing since december last year and until now i am not benefiting from it because the price of a bitcoin is still in down period, so I don't know if my coins will going to rise in the coming months or not.
Abuloool123

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:54:23 AM

no it is not a good way to hold a specific coin.. this is the mistake that i have done in the past when the marketcap was 800 bn.. it is old saying in japan "money makes money'' so keep money in circulation just don't be so much greedy.. make 3-4% profit on your trade daily.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 11:57:39 AM

Judge for yourself, all promising projects that have been added to the stock exchanges after the ICO and are developing according to the road map, are becoming more expensive. We are well aware that a couple of times a year, the market shows off and sets new records. This is a great time to profitably sell your tokens. I believe that it is necessary to wait when the market is at its peak and sell parts, especially if the project is promising.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

Yes. Just look aty the price charts for any coin, and you'll see what the prices were this time last year.
For most of the top coins, if you've been holding for a year you have a huge profit. As for new coins - when to sell depends on how good you think the project is, and whether there are better opportunities elsewhere.

If you are a trader, and a good trader, then it makes sense to constantly move between coins.
If you are not a great trader or just want to hold, then pick your coins carefully to make sure that you only have the best, highest potential projects... and then wait to see the price rise. Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, all of the top coins are much higher than they were 12 months ago.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 03:15:50 PM by meldrio1

Of course for hodling in 6-12 months you will earn more profit, your lucky that you hold an altcoin that you earned x3 profit, what if you hold for 1 year maybe you will earn x10 profit, but you should carefully what your buying altcoins because some were not increasing if you hold for long time.

ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:20:11 PM

I have a friend who has made a lot of profit from Nano coins. Previously, the Nano released a free coin for everyone. My friend has over 500k coins and holds until its price is $ 34.12. The time is 7 months for the holding and my friend has become a millionaire. Long-term holding would be a very good strategy if we applied the right currency.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

It would be advantageous if you keep it so high that it gives you a lot of benefits in a few months as well, but does not continue to make a profit because everyone has obstacles, I've earned a few percent profit every month. So any profit can be invested in doubling the income that is good enough for the future, the best way now is to keep it going will not take long to show a big improvement.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
midorichain

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:08:33 PM

If you use such a strategy, then you are unlikely to start earning money from long-term investment.
Here everyone has his own  Cheesy

JuliaJi

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

All profits was in December 2017, than market start falling, and still now not recover, many people loosing the most of their money also profits
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: