Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?  (Read 1227 times)
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:49:52 AM

Timing is the best partner when HODLing, no matter how much you invest, or how long you wanted to HODL. If you hit the wrong time you won't gain profit even that that long. However, the truth was, how can you surely hit the right timing.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:57:32 AM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

I often hold more than 6 - 12 months. but depends on the growth of the altcoin itself. in the concept of investment, you must know in advance the benefits of crypto you have. of course you should always look for new information and moreover have other plans to anticipate every possibility.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:08:21 AM

Maybe it is not completely predictable. all of this depends on the State of the market the time too. lucky if since the 12-month price rise high. But if getting down to bad results thus obtained. holding sometimes indeed produce, however, the risk faced is also great.
Windwolf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:10:34 AM

Yes. In this industry, as long as you can seize the opportunity, you can earn huge profits in a short period of time. This is also the charm of Bitcoin. I think most investors have joined the industry because of huge profits in this industry. In this industry.
bezzler

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:21:45 AM

It depends on the coins. I myself also make hodl for some months of some certain altcoins that I have. So far, it looks good and profitable. But, the patient is the key to this term. I have gained more than 4x profits after holding for some months and it is very promising. Hopefully, it will rise again for some months later.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:26:42 AM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?
i hodl almost 2months but for me its hard to hold very long because im just a student i only use buy and sell to have foods.
but if you have lot of money you can do that long hodl because it is very profitable.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:30:32 AM

It all depends on the coins that you hold, and at what stage the market is. Long holding can not ensure the growth of the coin, but I do not rush to sell my tokens.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:37:10 AM

Some will work, some will not. It depends on what coin or token that you are holding. If their roadmap is great or there is an event where something gets interesting in their part like partnerships or so, it would be worth to hold in the long run. I am holding TRX for at least a year. I am still at a loss though, but I believe it will make a bull run once again within the second half of 2018.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 10:12:30 AM

I will go for long term holding in good coins like 8-10 months because we can get more profit like 3-4x in this period. As the time goes the coin will achieve there target and demand will increase of the coin. And you can check the chart of any coin and you will realise that long term is the best way to earn more.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:17:39 AM

If we hold altcoin it is better to hold for a few months. But if we hold altcoins for too long like 6-12 months they are very risky and maybe we will not benefit from the arrests we have made against the altcoin. Holding 6-12 months is the same as we are investing in the long term and I think the coins worthy of long-term investments are only the coins whose rank is in the top 10 positions.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:05:57 PM

Still, new altcoyins, only released on the stock exchange after ISO, can give a decent income. For 6-12 months, some grow 10 or more times.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:24:34 PM

It depends on the coin you are holding, look at the project roadmap & keep following with the team on telegram regarding project updates. Some ICO also does send update emails to the investor regarding their progress on the project, so you should signup for the newsletter on their website to remain updated. Once the product is fully built as per their roadmap then, of course, the price of the token will rise, holding time depends on their length of the roadmap. So it is not necessary that holding for 6-12 months will give you enormous profits but can be, some can also give you good profits in 3 months. some ICO might take  2-3 years for the project to get a stand-in market which is quite normal. Considering it HODL is a good choice.
pleaderzazure

Activity: 101

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

It depends on the coin you are holding, look at the project roadmap & keep following with the team on telegram regarding project updates. Some ICO also does send update emails to the investor regarding their progress on the project, so you should signup for the newsletter on their website to remain updated. Once the product is fully built as per their roadmap then, of course, the price of the token will rise, holding time depends on their length of the roadmap. So it is not necessary that holding for 6-12 months will give you enormous profits but can be, some can also give you good profits in 3 months. some ICO might take  2-3 years for the project to get a stand-in market which is quite normal. Considering it HODL is a good choice.

I agree with your opinion, I usually do that always see they roadmap project first, how dev responsive support and how the first pre sale and main sale process, and how care they comunity, is a reason to be how much profit you will get from holding a ICO for long time
BlackWidow

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

I got a great profit from the holding . The most successful asset was XVG . Now I have purchased 7 coins on hold, I think I will sell only in a year
heureca

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:33:04 PM

Personally I've made x6 profit for last 12 months just holding some coins. So holding is good strategy because criptocurrency market enlarges every year

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:35:08 PM

Of course they can. Cryptocurrencies can offer best return of investment if you know what are you doing or have luck in buying/trading.

On the flip side you risk losing everything you invested if project you were investing in fails.

What are those four yellow circles under your username?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

I am mostly making profits after holding for that much long duration only! As long as I cant get 5-10X of the initial value I dont see that as profit taking. But to get such high paybacks we need to wait for more than 6 months and some times a year is insufficient too. So holding is like priority thing if you want to get huge amounts of profits in single shot. Otherwise in 10 days or something (like the way you do) is nothing but dust that comes out of the artificial pumps and dumps. Its better get bigger lots of profits by waiting little extra.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

me and many other people can vouch that hodling for long term gives you better result. Is it always the case? that depends on which altcoin you're hodling but if you're hodling something that has long term plan then yes it can profitable. Bitcoin is always a good one to hodl for long term but there are other alts as well.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

I am very sorry that did not hold the coins and tried to sell them! Afraid to lose another increase of 100% of some coins! But then when I looked at the price of coins that I once bought, I realized that it would be better if I just kept them! Now I have chosen perspective coins in my portfolio and just keep, and part of the capital I trade on bitMEX
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:47:30 PM

if a person is smart enough and know what they are doing with their crypto investment
they are better of trading and making more with that
but for people who didnt had a good experience in trading cryptos in the past
is well off holding for a long term
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: